Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I had a powerful dream

I had a very powerful dream, awhile back. I was able to confront Osama Bin Laden, armed only with the Koran. But this was born from a belief, that was first, a conscious one. What on has to do, is to understand that some Mohammed’s words and statements, are more important than others. Understanding, would teach that some of the Prophet’s words, were/are more about the specific situation, whereas others are more about general principles. I even argue, that was the case with Jesus also. So I would deduce that, every other prophet-equivalent, would be the same.

The Prophet Mohammed is the prime example, of all them, of this concept. He was the spiritual leader receiving word from God (Allah). But he also was a general on the battlefield, then a political administrator. Anyone who has knowledge of real war, knows that some things/orders on the battlefield are for that specific situation. And speaking of specific situations, the wearing of the Burka was an important thing for women to protect themselves. It came to me that the Burkas were ordered, to protect women from his own men. They were raised, in a culture that said women, were a spoils of war. One of his duties, was to control his own men, at the time. I read in someone commenting that in the book about the traditions of the Prophet, (known as the Hadith), he as asked by his men, whether it was ok for them to visit prostitutes, since they were away from home for such a long period of time. You might not believe this, but I did not read what his answer was. But chances are, it was more important for that moment.

On the other hand, Mohammed recognizing the other prophets, and specifically that of Jesus, is a more important principle. When he called Jews and Christians, along with Muslims as “people of the book”, he was not wrong. I don’t know a lot of details, about the sayings of Mohammed, but I intuitively know that his early period, was more about spiritual revelation, or connecting with spirit. It is not to disregard, his other periods. It’s just a higher chance, that it applied to a specific situation, more so. There were some Jews, who betrayed the city he was in, to attackers. His condemnation of them was surely about those specific people, and those with similar actions. Or else then he would be contradicting himself, about “the people of the book". It should also be noted that those Christian and Jews, who let Muslims live their ways, as the majority, were still living peacefully, in Muslim nations a thousand years after Mohammed walked here.

Taking on Osama is part a classic comic book solution. The best way to fight super heroes is to take away their source of power. No one can deny, that he gets power from the Koran. Who’s to say the comic book cats are wrong. I felt justified when I read the ‘9/11 Commission Report’s chapter, on the “war of ideas”. Just so happened today, I read that some investigator said potentially billions of dollars of waste. A recent article about a Afghan official caught with 50 million in cash, and that he was released with no giving of information. How much would it cost to sit down and talk with the local iman in our local communities?

Maybe my dream is about something that is of real significance. I, for one, believe it does. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by yodajazz; 12-21-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Default Re: I had a powerful dream

There is a simple solution, to solve an area of great conflict, between religions, and other belief systems. This is the concept of , “the word of God”. The Koran is the word of God to Muslims, as the Bible is among Christians, and all the way thru Buddah, (thru yahweh, and you too). The simple answer is; that they are all true, as well as the word, thru you. The principle that mankind needs to better understand is, that the word of God is creative, and creation is on going. God is creating thru us now, as well as the truth of the Word, as it was written. The word of God is creative, and creation is on-going.

So there is no real conflict between the Bible, Koran, and Bhuddists. Catch my drift? The concept of each religion as a path, opens up the concept, that we all are headed to reach the highest goal, whatever or wherever, (and whomever), that might be.

Last edited by yodajazz; 12-28-2010 at 09:07 AM.

I recently read that that Al-Zawhri, or someone thinks that Osama Bin Laden is too soft, in furthering Islam. The article put the blame on his brand of thought, as the part that thinks even violence against Muslims is ok. But lets look at Al-Zawari’s ultimate goal; to have the whole world be Muslim. Here is something to think about. It is aready done! Every human is already a Muslim. Everyone is from 100% to 0% Muslim. And by the way, it is Gods job to keep score, not man’s. Plus, I think everyone understands, that ‘behavior’, counts in the total score. Somebody who knows nothing about Islam, Christianity, (and so forth) could be doing 'the book's' prescribed behaviors. I'll state that "Charity", one of the "five pillars of Islam", as just one example of this. And in some older Bible translations; the word 'charity' was used in place of 'love'.

And if it is, as he (A-Zawahri), believes, that is, the all the world will/should become Muslim; it will eventually evolve on its own, if it is indeed, the "true way". The best way to teach someone about your path, is to set a good example, with the quality of peace that you have. Principles of safety, and meeting basic needs, is the foundation to reach higher steps, of being. I am also saying that this applies to all religions, that is, there is no need, to force someone into your way.

I also want to be clear, that I think Al-Zawarhi, should be ‘taken out’. I just happen to think that Muslims will do it regardless, at some point. So we don’t need to have thousands of American troops there forever, either. We just need to sure that there is this understanding, that his brand has done murder, so take care of your business.

Sometimes I feel I dreamed this, but I think that its reality. In the days after 9/11, the Afghan government, run by the Taliban, said it had custody of Bin Laden. It’s my memory, that they said they wanted evidence, that he was responsible. That sounds to me like, they would have considered some evidence. I could never comprehend, why this could not have been pursued, first before launching a war that is now the US’s longest war? Why would the US turn down the possibility of him making a direct public statement? Something's not quite right about this. And along with this, Bin Laden has never been charged with planning 9/11. He is wanted in connection with the bombing of a US Embassy in Africa, and one other major event, but not 9/11.

Last edited by yodajazz; 12-28-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Veteran Poster

I usually dream or Jeannie or trannies. You're dreams are robbing you of some real enjoyment.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

5 Star Poster

ISLAM is such a backward religion .BUDDHISM is a very benign religion

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    I usually dream or Jeannie or trannies. You're dreams are robbing you of some real enjoyment.
    I've quite a few of the other kind of dream. I'm thinking about putting them in the stories section.

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    ISLAM is such a backward religion .BUDDHISM is a very benign religion
    I think you should say, Islam has room for some updating. I have a lot respect for Buddhism.

The last thing in the world we needed some crazies bomb a Christian church at New Years serivce, in Egypt. I read about this and the crazy comments on yahoo, yesterday.

Last edited by yodajazz; 01-04-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    I've quite a few of the other kind of dream. I'm thinking about putting them in the stories section.

You could try leaving the house now and then.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    You could try leaving the house now and then.
    Hey, the authorities, could be putting me out in the future. So I live to enjoy each day, today.

I have written a lot here about Islam, but I want to address Chirstianity. Jesus’s words were more about the context than a specific command or principle, in several instances. And as a general principle, knowing more about the context of any of his helps to better understand what he said.

The specific one I want to address is Luke 22:35. In this specific passage Jesus tells his disciple to, “sell your cloak and buy a sword” He even says that he is contradicting what he had told them earlier. You can find numerous commentaries on any Bible passage. The context is that he was in the Garden of Geseneme, and knew that soldiers were coming to take him away. There is speculation among commentaries that he knew his disciples might be in danger. My own interpretion is the purpose of the passage is to show Jesus’s human side, that his knowledge of how things would unfold scared him, etc.

In this net discussion I believe option 3. applies, though the author does not.
    http://www.loveyourenemies.org/sword.html

This commentary makes an excellent point there is no documentation of any of Jesus’s followers using violence, accept in one case, even though they were often persecuted to the point of being executed for a long period of time in the Roman Empire. The specific instance was later that same night in the garden, Peter was reported to have cut off the ear of a soldier coming to arrest Jesus. Right after that, according to the story Jesus healed the man’s ear.

So point is, I believe this shows that words of a spiritual teachers such as Jesus and Mohammed need to be place into a larger context, to understand the difference between a general principle, and the actions related to a specific situation. The argument regarding violence in Islam, is that the Prophet was talking his specific enemies of the day.

Here’s another saying of Jesus; “It’s harder for a rich man to get into heaven, than a camel to pass through the eye of a needle”. I can’t recall hearing anyone minister talk about this, or used in other discussion as a general principle. Especially, not in todays, climate of riches, as the new American dream. I’m not going to discuss this one right now. I’ll simply say that this particular passage is never used, in discussion of how to the US to live by ‘Christian values’.

I welcome anyone’s discussion of Jesus, Muhammed, or any other person.

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    There is a simple solution, to solve an area of great conflict, between religions, and other belief systems. This is the concept of , “the word of God”. The Koran is the word of God to Muslims, as the Bible is among Christians, and all the way thru Buddah, (thru yahweh, and you too). The simple answer is; that they are all true, as well as the word, thru you. The principle that mankind needs to better understand is, that the word of God is creative, and creation is on going. God is creating thru us now, as well as the truth of the Word, as it was written. The word of God is creative, and creation is on-going.

So there is no real conflict between the Bible, Koran, and Bhuddists. Catch my drift? The concept of each religion as a path, opens up the concept, that we all are headed to reach the highest goal, whatever or wherever, (and whomever), that might be.
    I've heard it said that the truest measure of an intelligent man is the extent to which he agrees with you. In my mind, sir, you are brilliant!

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/