Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default White supremacists urge Thor boycott over casting of black actor as Norse god

A US white supremacist group has called for a boycott of the Kenneth Branagh-directed superhero movie Thor on the grounds that a black actor has been cast in the role of a Norse god.

The Council of Conservative Citizens is upset that London-born Idris Elba, star of The Wire and BBC detective series Luther as well as a number of Hollywood films, is to play deity Heimdall in the Marvel Studios feature. The group, which opposes inter-racial marriage and gay rights, has set up a website, boycott-thor.com to set out its opposition to what it sees as an example of leftwing social engineering.
    "It [is] well known that Marvel is a company that advocates for leftwing ideologies and causes," the site reads. "Marvel frontman Stan 'Lee' Lieber boasts of being a major financier of leftwing political candidates. Marvel has viciously attacked the Tea Party movement, conservatives and European heritage.
    "Now they have taken it one further, casting a black man as a Norse deity in their new movie Thor. Marvel has now inserted social engineering into European mythology."
    The site chooses to ignore its target's thespian talents, referring to "hip-hop DJ Elba" in apparent reference to the actor's career in East End nightclubs more than a decade ago. Elba himself addressed the casting issue earlier this year, pointing out that "Thor has a hammer that flies to him when he clicks his fingers". He continued: "That's OK, but the colour of my skin is wrong?"
    Branagh's decision to cast non-white actors as citizens of Asgard stands in apparent opposition to a one-time policy on Peter Jackson's forthcoming Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit. A British woman of Pakistani origin complained last month that she had been turned away from a casting session for being "too brown". The offending crew member, an independent contractor, was later sacked.
    Thor, starring the Anglo-Saxon-looking Chris Hemsworth in the title role, and Jewish actor Natalie Portman as his love interest is due to arrive in cinemas next May.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/...s-boycott-thor

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Default Re: White supremacists urge Thor boycott over casting of black actor as Norse god

Boycott the movie because it's gonna blow.

Thor ... it's all just posturing untill "The Avengers" comes out.

Default Re: White supremacists urge Thor boycott over casting of black actor as Norse god

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    A US white supremacist group has called for a boycott of the Kenneth Branagh-directed superhero movie Thor on the grounds that a black actor has been cast in the role of a Norse god.

The Council of Conservative Citizens is upset that London-born Idris Elba, star of The Wire and BBC detective series Luther as well as a number of Hollywood films, is to play deity Heimdall in the Marvel Studios feature. The group, which opposes inter-racial marriage and gay rights, has set up a website, boycott-thor.com to set out its opposition to what it sees as an example of leftwing social engineering.
    "It [is] well known that Marvel is a company that advocates for leftwing ideologies and causes," the site reads. "Marvel frontman Stan 'Lee' Lieber boasts of being a major financier of leftwing political candidates. Marvel has viciously attacked the Tea Party movement, conservatives and European heritage.
    "Now they have taken it one further, casting a black man as a Norse deity in their new movie Thor. Marvel has now inserted social engineering into European mythology."
    The site chooses to ignore its target's thespian talents, referring to "hip-hop DJ Elba" in apparent reference to the actor's career in East End nightclubs more than a decade ago. Elba himself addressed the casting issue earlier this year, pointing out that "Thor has a hammer that flies to him when he clicks his fingers". He continued: "That's OK, but the colour of my skin is wrong?"
    Branagh's decision to cast non-white actors as citizens of Asgard stands in apparent opposition to a one-time policy on Peter Jackson's forthcoming Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit. A British woman of Pakistani origin complained last month that she had been turned away from a casting session for being "too brown". The offending crew member, an independent contractor, was later sacked.
    Thor, starring the Anglo-Saxon-looking Chris Hemsworth in the title role, and Jewish actor Natalie Portman as his love interest is due to arrive in cinemas next May.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/...s-boycott-thor
    Fucking silly! Next they will get mad at this.

After the first sentence, I stopped reading. Im sure they have nothing of consequence to say.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Even John Favereau left directing duties for Iron Man 3 due to Marvel wanting to squeeze in more heroes instead of focusing on a good Iron Man script.

Joel Schumacher is interested in taking the directors chair ..... but only if the Iron Man suit can have nipples.

Rookie Poster

So as I see it.. there won't be any skinheads in the theater when I go to see this flick? WIN for me!

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

As Rockabilly says, the movie is going to suck. So who cares!

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Even John Favereau left directing duties for Iron Man 3 due to Marvel wanting to squeeze in more heroes instead of focusing on a good Iron Man script.

Joel Schumacher is interested in taking the directors chair ..... but only if the Iron Man suit can have nipples.
    Zing!

Junior Poster

Unhappy Re: White supremacists urge Thor boycott over casting of black actor as Norse god

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post

Wow, appears from their website that we can all support these upstanding citizens by sending donations using Mastercard and Visa. Not like that subversive wikileaks then...

Veteran Poster

As a african-american Screen Actors Guild member, I say ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME! Hollywood for years has never been into color blind casting. But they were quick to have white actors play characters in blackface. Thus black actors only were given opportunities to play black characters. This really wont change that but its a refreshing approach than the norm. Edris Elba happens to be a wonderfully talented actor. The movie may suck, but Idris will deliver like he always does. And furthermore, white actors playing black characters in blackface isnt something we necessarily like either. But we dont protest over it. One of my all time favorite performances is Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder. But, he's fucking brilliant. Downey aint just some marginally talented actor. Those are the ones I have problems seeing them play black characters. White supremaciats need to KISS MY BLACK ASS!

GET BACK MOTHERFUCKER YOU DON'T KNOW ME LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!