Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Who do the dems run in 08

I am new to THIS message board. I read thru some of the past threads and such and its obvious Bush is not very popular here. I get that, so if you can tell me who looks good in 08 and why. I hope your reason for supporting someone is because of their beliefs. The anyone is better than bush or bush is a retard/idiot/etc gets old. What ideals or issues are the most key in voting for this person. Try and focus on the question and not have the thread degenerate into a OMGODZOR bush Sux thread.

I find Evan Bayh a very interesting candidate. I just hope he doesnt have to act more left than he is to get the money to run. A democrat with conservative ideals. I think he could be strong on defense and the war on terror, progressive on social issues, and remove some of the corruption from washington (no way of knowing, on the last one, i just feel that way). He seems like a truely honest man (rare in our senate or house these days on both sides), and someone i could consider voting for.

I surely hope Hillary Clinton. She is an amazing woman, business woman, and has great political potential.

2009 AVN Transsexual Performer of the Year!!
    2010 XBIZ TS Performer of the Year

My Website:
    http://www.hotwendywilliams.com

Blogs:
    http://www.wendywilliamsblog.com

Rookie Poster

She is a smart woman, i give you that Wendy. She has been alot more "right" lately than "left." Not a dig, just good politics on her part. A NY paper really hammered her for not coming out and announcing where she stands on iraq.

To me she is like the Mccain of the Republicans. Looks good on paper in alot of regards, but i dont believe she is electable.

Rookie Poster

Default My 2 Cents

Hillary is great, but i don't think she could gain enough independents or southerners. I don't particularly care who we run as long as they can get elected. I am sick of the republicans driving this country into the ground
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bush_hitler_150_996.jpg 
Views:	2352 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	34990  

Veteran Poster

Have you ever seen hillary's ankles? She's not electable. That is about as relevant as the rhetoric the dems are throwing out these days. Anyone ever figured out what john kerry has tried to say lately? Does john dean speak for any of them? If he does, they won't claim it. Jesse Jackson won the democratic primary in Florida in 1984, Maybe they should run that guy again. Barbra Strisand is the titular head of the dem. party, so whomever she endorses, will get the nod. That means Dean.

Rookie Poster

I like Bush, its obvious southguy is trying to get on my good side by comparing him to Hitler in the image he posted. See my original post and its stupid stuff like that, which makes a thread like this hard to have a "friendly" discussion.

Wendy probably doesnt like Bush, but she was kind enough to not READ my post and reply with a sincere answer.

At least Southguy understands running a northeast liberal will not have favorable results in the south and thats true. I dont think he was trying to be facist, but the picture of Bush/Hitler kinda brings light to Arriana's post. I think his point thou, was don't run someone who can't win. I am not bashing her, but i agree that she would have a hard time winning.

What about you Arriana, who would you like to see run. I am not on here slamming either Clinton (bill/hillary). I listed why i thought Bayh was a reasonable candidate and my concern on him as well. Who do you think they should run and why? (and please don't smash bush, i get the point why certain people dont like him :P)

In the last two elections, the Democratic Party has run farther to the left rather than moving back to a more Clintonian center. Gore, for example, made a conscious decision to run to the left of Clinton in order to distinguish himself as his own man. He accomplished this quite nicely by loosing an election he should have easily won. Kerry studiously avoided the center and lost as well, also loosing an election that could have been easily won by a better Democratic candidate.

Unfortunately, the Democratic Party doesn't seem to learn from its mistakes. Making Howard Dean party chairman was a joke that has frightened away still more moderates. In keeping with this theme, Hillary will run in 08 and will loose. Her efforts to move to the center as a senator will not be enough. She won't get moderate votes, which is what a candidate from either party needs to do to win these days.

The Republican Party, by contrast, will probably back a maverick like Giuliani (less likely) or McCain (far more likely) who can distance themselves from Bush yet still capture the center. Seriously, the Democrats don’t keep loosing because the Republicans are maneuvering brilliantly; they keep loosing because their leadership makes poor decisions.

And before anyone chimes in that I’m a Republican, keep in mind that I’ve never voted for a Republican in a presidential election. I would, however, vote for Giuliani or McCain over Hillary.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

I can tell you are a democrat (not bashing you haha), very thoughtful post and well said.

My die hard republican friends loathe mccain, while my democrat friends are very open to voting for him (or like you said Giuliani). It sounds like you tend to agree on what i said in the original post about Bayh. He could be a great candidate if he didnt have to go so left to get moveon.org and company's money. Sad thing is for both sides, you have to mold your views to the dollars to get a chance to win.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

to answer the thread it doesn't matter who the democrats put up as a candidate
    it also doesnt matter who the republicans put up as a candidate

in the end, we will still have the same bullshit, same gas prices, etc.

because this country isn't run by the president

it's run by religious freaks, computer geeks, and insurance companies.................

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ