Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Professional Poster

If the cons get elected again in 08, I swear Im moving......

Rookie Poster

"Gore, for example, made a conscious decision to run to the left of Clinton in order to distinguish himself as his own man. He accomplished this quite nicely by loosing an election he should have easily won."

Errrr... an election he arguably did win.... but I'll leave that up to the history books.

Rookie Poster

Well, the best way to shape American politics is to participate at the most local level. Mayor of podunk, state senator, city council, regent or what have you. grass roots really can make a difference. You may not think it but it can make a difference, just look at Dover, PA. We all thought we were turning that corner to the extreme fundamentalist right then this school board gets booted. HooRay SCIENCE!

Professional Poster

I gotta give you guys props out there in Dover...Im glad you booted the whole lazy batch of em.

Rookie Poster

Default Something for alleged dems who support the republicans

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051212/berman

Theres an excellent article in The Nation magazine that tries to counter the media lovefest currently going on for John McCain. McCain is a republican and cant be trusted. He is no maverick, he is not a "good man" Dems could support. He has some good qualities but he is a REPUBLICAN...which means he believes in the war, he voted for the Bankruptcy Bill, he's anti-civil rights, anti-minority, he believes in tax cuts in a time of war, and he's anti-choice for women regarding abortion.

Dummies like elhefe, Copenhagen, and other "alleged" dems join the Zell Miller/Joe Liberman/ Joe Biden wing of Dems who really are republicans but for some reason stay registered as Dems and vote Republican.

We have had Republican-lite and the DLC with Clinton and now with Evan Bayh and Hillary Clinton. We need a candidate who believes in the true values Dems represent and Howard Dean is trying to separate Dems from special interests. This is a very good thing. If we get away from special interest, we won't have legislation written by corporations and lobbyists....we wont have the Joe Bidens voting for MBNA when they vote for the bankruptcy bill.

Dems support regular people....not special interests. As Truman said, why vote for the guy that looks like a Republican when you can vote for the real thing. ( i paraphrase that quote but its still true in its point)

When i hear people like Copenhagen and ElJefe, I am so disgusted that they try to exist in both worlds...just be like Zell/Liberman and go ahead and suck up to the Repugs...and quit pretending to support the right values, not fake republican values. Real Dems NEVER vote republican.....!!! Angry white men vote Republican......along with the stupid.

Platinum Poster

Welcome aboard, that was a helluva first post. I just wonder if the dems can ever get a truly progressive candidate past the nomination process. And I just can't allow myself to vote green, knowing they don't have a snowballs chance in hell (yet). So I feel that a vote for whatever dem is running is at least a vote against the republican agenda.

Platinum Poster

And speaking of Lieberman and McCain...some news from a progressive source....

http://rawstory.com/

Veteran Poster

The Second Bill of Rights: FDR'S Unfinished Revolution and Why We Need It More than Ever (Hardcover)

We need more legislation on Border Security, Privacy Laws, and addressing the ID Theft Issue. Stop special interest bills like Bankruptcy Reform and Energy Bills and Highway Bills.

Help Kill the Death Tax! Don't give more money to the rich!!!

Rookie Poster

Thanksfor posting that information. This week Bush is out talking about he has a plan for victory when the 9/11 commission is making it crystal clear to every American that he has not in the least bit done anything to insure our future safety. Think about that, nothing has been done to protect us and this Republican president and congress has spent ludicrous cash over the last 5 years. Results for that spending - ZIP, Ziltch, dick...

Yet there are still people like the two gentlemen I castigated earlier and millions more who continue to support this failed administratrion because they can't get over the idea that Clinton got a BJ or people let their religion cloud their common sense.

Think about how nutty it is to vote against your best interest. Think how nutty it is to see billions go to Iraq and nada to New Orleans. I think we should take care of own first. This administration is anti-progress for youth. The congress and president went out of their way to support the end of refinancing student loans...can you imagine why that was necessary. They support corporate profits over letting our youth benefit from fluctuations in interest rates rather than default on their loans. The new deal was a great legacy and its terrible to let these repugs destroy it.

What's worse is again those people who claim the Dem label then pollute it by supporting predatory Republican policies. This is riduculous. Before you next vote Republican, think about all the accomplishments coming from the left. Think about the short list of accomplishments from the right.

Liberals and Democrats do much better for Americans.....to lift us all to better success....instead of just a few rich cronies and business partners.

Quote Originally Posted by tsluver247
    The Second Bill of Rights: FDR'S Unfinished Revolution and Why We Need It More than Ever (Hardcover)

We need more legislation on Border Security, Privacy Laws, and addressing the ID Theft Issue. Stop special interest bills like Bankruptcy Reform and Energy Bills and Highway Bills.

Help Kill the Death Tax! Don't give more money to the rich!!!

Rookie Poster

Hi chef, we all have good reasons for wanting to vote other than Dem ..mayb e green, maybe liberatarian...but we can't because for now there is a two party system....the Repugs and the Dems...its not ideal...and Dems have a lot to do to meet up with what we want them to do....I can never understand why people don't see that. Its more honest to say "I hate the Dems but I can't risk idiots like Bush getting into office any more". We understand that you have to compromise for now. Dems need to see that they have drifted away from people and let other issues and special interests cloud the true goals...and those that stay home only play into the hands of the Repugs...thats what they want....disfranchised voters who dont execute their greatest power, the power of one person, one vote.

When you stay home or vote 3rd-party, we all lose....cause the Repugs and the religious right are going to show up to force their narrow or "alleged moral" views on Americans....we have to counter their votes, we have to counter their tampering with voting machines, we have to counter their desire to disenfranchaise..by simply showing up and doing the right thing.

Then we have to keep the pressure on the dems to support people not corporations and special interests.

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Welcome aboard, that was a helluva first post. I just wonder if the dems can ever get a truly progressive candidate past the nomination process. And I just can't allow myself to vote green, knowing they don't have a snowballs chance in hell (yet). So I feel that a vote for whatever dem is running is at least a vote against the republican agenda.