Thread: Remember Him ?

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Remember Him ?

I can't recall who...but someone brought up the Springer Show last week, asking if she should appear. I think the response was a resounding NO ! I concurred. And if you ever wonder about such things as how a shitfest like the Springer Show came to be, than check this out. I hate to use the word "pioneer" in describing Downey, but he was certainly the best at it. I never really took his shtick seriously, but rather found it comic chaos. I mean if you took the shit seriously, you were derranged! I was like a car wreck every night.Seems like a documentary film company is give us one last look at Downey....like it or not. I mean where else are you going to see Al Sharpton engaging in behavior unbecoming of a Reverend? Or the host chest bumping a big titted tranny? ( I think she's a Tranny !)
    This is funny shit !

Ironbound Films describes it this way.....Long before Springer , Geraldo, and Olbermann, Morton Downey, Jr., was tearing up the talk-show format with his divisive populism. Between the fistfights, rabid audience, and Mort's cigarette smoke always "in your face," The Morton Downey Jr. Show was billed as "3-D television," "rock and roll without the music." Évocateur meditates on the hysteria that ended the '80s and ultimately its most notorious agitator.

Default Re: Remember Him ?

That guy was definitely in a class all by himself! I never thought of him as a pioneer of modern talk show mayhem, but if you think about it he deserves a mention.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    I can't recall who...but someone brought up the Springer Show last week, asking if she should appear. I think the response was a resounding NO ! I concurred. And if you ever wonder about such things as how a shitfest like the Springer Show came to be, than check this out. I hate to use the word "pioneer" in describing Downey, but he was certainly the best at it. I never really took his shtick seriously, but rather found it comic chaos. I mean if you took the shit seriously, you were derranged! I was like a car wreck every night.Seems like a documentary film company is give us one last look at Downey....like it or not. I mean where else are you going to see Al Sharpton engaging in behavior unbecoming of a Reverend? Or the host chest bumping a big titted tranny? ( I think she's a Tranny !)
    This is funny shit !

Ironbound Films describes it this way.....Long before Springer , Geraldo, and Olbermann, Morton Downey, Jr., was tearing up the talk-show format with his divisive populism. Between the fistfights, rabid audience, and Mort's cigarette smoke always "in your face," The Morton Downey Jr. Show was billed as "3-D television," "rock and roll without the music." Évocateur meditates on the hysteria that ended the '80s and ultimately its most notorious agitator.

Yes, Morton Downey, Jr liked to agitate alright, but there were others. Remember Wally George?....and going back to the 60's how about Joe Pyne. They loved to anger audiences.

I saw this one posted on another website recently.
    What fun.

LMFAO.......I had not seen that one. Props ! That's some funny shit !!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by underdawg View Post
    Yes, Morton Downey, Jr liked to agitate alright, but there were others. Remember Wally George?....and going back to the 60's how about Joe Pyne. They loved to anger audiences.
    Peg leg Joe definitely defined the style that later others would imitate. I can't help but laugh remembering Downey's fall from grace after the "skin head" incident. You couldn't make up crazier shit then this...well I guess he did though. Then you had guys like Alan Burke that took the nasty to extremes. In earlier days he looked like he stuck his dick in the electric socket each morning.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Damn...Wally George...hard to believe his seed helped spawn Rebecca De Mornay...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

I enjoyed the trip down memory Lane.... I also forgot how pretty Howard's hair used to be !