Rookie Poster

Default 911: Some users may not be able to access some web sites including this one

That is unless the user and the webmaster pay the Internet service provider an annual/every 6-month service charge. The fee will be optional but the webmaster must pay it if they want to, hopefully, reach everyone and the user must pay it if they want, hopefully, unlimited access to all web sites. If the user and the web master don't pay the extra fee they won't be able to access hundreds, thousands, millions of other web sites and users. We're talkin' about a virtual filter on the Internet kinda sorta like China has in place. We're talkin' about a virtual denial of service. That's the message that will be staring many people in the face when they try to go to their favorite web site: DENIAL OF SERVICE. (And there are many more negative ramifications that I won't go into here and now.) I'm talkin' about the critical issue of Net Neutrality.

We'll know if the FCC decides to filter the Internet on 12.21.2010.

That's the day of reckonin'!!

It is on that day that the Federal Communications Commission will vote on rules that could stop companies like Time Warner, Comcast, Cox Cable, Verizon and AT&T from blocking where you go on the Internet. Or the FCC might vote to destroy Net Neutrality which would give partial control of the Internet to each and every ISP company.

The vote is a test for President Obama and Chairman Julius Genachowski. Will they deliver on earlier promises and pass strong Net Neutrality rules, or will they cave to the phone and cable lobby and give us a fake version? Interested in watching them vote on this? Good. Cause we need your support. If you're in the neighborhood go to 445 12th Street, Washington, D.C., Room TW-C305. They'll start voting on it on or around 10:30 AM EST. If you're not in Washington, D.C. you can help the cause by going to SaveTheInternet dot com. And please be sure to a) sign the petition and b) get on their mailing list because if we can defeat the monopolies the monopolies will be back again. That's because they have a strong lobby and lots and lots of cash. They have no quit in them. So you can bet that they'll vote on this again in 365 days.

Petition to send to President Obama:
    http://act2.freepress.net/sign/red_p...ce=STIhomepage

Short crash course on Net Neutrality:

5 Star Poster

Default Re: 911: Some users may not be able to access some web sites including this one

i have a feeling corporate money will win out again

Rookie Poster

Default Re: 911: Some users may not be able to access some web sites including this one

Quote Originally Posted by Richctdude View Post
    i have a feeling corporate money will win out again
    your reasons for such pessimism are valid but it would have been nice if you had said 'i went to savetheinternet dot com and i saw the fcc's phone number right there on their page and i called the fcc up i spoke to the chairman's secretary and i spoke nicely to her and told her that the destruction of net neutrality and the partial control of the internet by the communication companies is bad in so many ways up to and including going against the first ammendment not to mention it'll reduce traffic to newly launched web sites trying to survive and established king pins too so it's a lose-lose situation for everyone except the suit and tie wearing gangsters who work for the i.s.p. companies, so please don't destroy net neutrality later today or in 365 days when it comes up for vote again'

that's what you and anyone reading this coulda said and shoulda done but now it might be too late and if it is then it - a free internet - was good while it lasted now wasn't it

Last edited by DFK; 12-21-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Free the system!