Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver Poster

Default Re: A question for our Canadian forum members

Oh and there are more girls than guys in Montreal. If you can't get laid in Montreal you just can't' get laid anywhere!

"How you doin!"

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    Try living there buddy. Especially if you don't speak French and you're non white
    The OP is white, and French.

Quote Originally Posted by audifan View Post
    The OP is white, and French.
    a.k.a. Cheese-eating surrender monkey!

Fork 'andles

Professional Poster asianphoenixx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caff_Racer View Post
    Can any of the Canadians on here give me info about living in Canada? The fact is that some time next year I might be looking at spending a few months experiencing life in foreign parts outside Europe, and I quite fancy the idea of going across to Canada (with a preference for Quebec: normal, I'm French!). So any information, tips and advice are welcome!
    I wanted to say thank you to Canada, and showed my gratitude, so I traveled throughout the country when I got my Canadian passport 2 years ago

It's so beautiful and natural in Summer.
    It's so big and....empty (most probably because of the harsh climate)

I went to table mountain in Newfoundland, seeing a miraculous mountain surrounded by semi-artic tundra and brown algae, and oh..I saw so many moose at the time (it's their breeding season).

It's the kind of view you will never forget, even for an avid traveler like myself.

The only problem is really the winter. It's too cold, I mean it's freezing cold almost all over the place, except part of British Columbia (that's why Vancouver becomes my favorite city in Canada)

I'm in Zurich now, and it's just minus 2 degree Celsius (or around 29 degree Fahrenheit), and everybody is complaining, but me.

So my advice to you, visit the country from end of may to beginning of November and i'm pretty sure you will have a great time.

Vancouver, Montreal, and Quebec are the places to go if you want to feel that you are really in Canada. Toronto is pretty much like other big US cities.

Halifax if you like a small size city, surrounded by natural beauty (Cabot trail in Cape Breton island is just few hours away).

Labrador and Newfoundland are the choice only if you are the outdoor and rugged type, and love nature. And for the girls, these are two great places to choose and pick up hunky, rugged handsome Caucasian men for fun. Oh boy...i remember my hot time there LOL

Btw, if you are from the states, I've seen a lot of US cities too....and oh...you guys have great places too. And the climate...mon dieu...it's much better than in Canada. I definitely can't complain living in Florida or west coast in winter for sure LOL.

Good luck!

A World Class Companion
    www.tia-phoenixx.com

Thanks for that information, asianphoenixx! And stay warm in Zürich!

Fork 'andles

Professional Poster

Lisa Paradise is a Canadian National Treasure!

The East coast of Canada has some of the most friendly and wonderful people. Lots of scenery and just good ol down home fun. Quebec (Montreal and Quebec City) have alot of history, awesome food and a very european atmosphere. Don't forget to try poutine and real Montrreal Smoked Meat in a little deli place! Toronto seems to be the place where people from all cultures come to live. So many restuarants, bars and places to go, but it can be difficult to meet people. At the same time, 6th largest city in North America, and you can walk down 90% of the streets at 3 am and be safe. The mid west of Manitoba, apparently Winnipeg has a growing arts and culture scene, but it can be a bit grotty (and I was born there). Sask, Alta, salt of the earth people, think of the american mid west. Be honest, be upfront, no bull and you'll get along fine. BC is a very liberal kinda place, incredible scenery. Unfortunately Vancouver is experiencing some violence problems right now. So just keep your eyes open and you'll be fine.

We're a self effacing and very tolerant society. Come, learn about our people and culture and all the cool things we have to offer. Don't judge, just learn and understand.

Last edited by tao1kiku; 12-18-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tao1kiku View Post
    The East coast of Canada has some of the most friendly and wonderful people. Lots of scenery and just good ol down home fun. Quebec (Montreal and Quebec City) have alot of history, awesome food and a very european atmosphere. Don't forget to try poutine and real Montrreal Smoked Meat in a little deli place!
    I already know poutine: on the Isle of Man it's called chips cheese and gravy, and during TT fortnight it's cheap comfort/survival/anti-hangover food for many race fans!

Fork 'andles

Quote Originally Posted by SXFX View Post
    Oh and there are more girls than guys in Montreal. If you can't get laid in Montreal you just can't' get laid anywhere!
    Trust me: I'd be incapable of getting laid anywhere, let alone in Montreal: I'm too damn ugly!

Fork 'andles

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    The thing about people in Montreal though is that they're only nice to the people who are from there.
    Complete bullshit. I was transfered there for 5 years, never knew a word of french and never had a problem with people not being nice.