Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default at what point are you too old to be "fill in the blank"

bare with me this is long
    A couple pieces of pop culture news in the last couple days got me thinking. The two things are a picture of Chelsea handler laying in bed with 50 cent and leaked sex pics of some guy from the band "taking back sunday" on the the dirty. I have a theory and goes back a few months...I was dating a girl for few weeks and one day we were driving in my car and she was picking songs (i had a burnt mp3 cd in with like 200 songs on it) and lil wayne song came on and these words come out of her mouth "on my god i fucking love lil wayne hes so hot!" That was the beginning of the end for me. I stop calling her because i couldnt take her serious any more. A grown, almost 30 year old woman, "fucking loves lil wayne" huh???? thats a problem to me. If a 17 year old girl said it then it would be ok. So back to 50 cent and the taking back sunday guy. One is like 35 and still dresses like a gangsta and the other is just as old and still acts and looks like a emo high school kid.
    so here is my question, at what point is it too old to be like that? (my personal opinion is that if you are take on the "look" of the bands you listen to after the age of 21 or 22 then you are pathetic.
    and also, for the ladies, when is it too old to still like those kind of guys? ( i have to say the same age 21 or 22) any grown woman looking for a "gansta" is lame to me

Rookie Poster

Default Re: at what point are you too old to be "fill in the blank"

Age doesn't matter, looks do... Pathetic is someone trying to look an age they're not and failing to pull it off. Gangsta's, and liking them, is ridiculous regardless of age.

Last edited by Miss Fagina; 12-15-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Junior Poster

i see what your saying. But NO GROWN MAN should ever be caught in ANYTHING teenagers wear or listen to ANYTHING teenagers listen to or do ANYTHING teenagers do

I'm 48 hours away from hitting the big four-oh, and I still mainly wear what I've always worn since my teenage years: jeans, t-shirts and work boots/Vans. Perhaps at my age I should wear a suit, but I have little use for one: in my line of business I don't meet my clients face-to-face and I only rarely find myself in the kind of social environment that warrants wearing one. And as my only means of transport is a motorbike, I feel naked wearing anything other than jeans when riding (apart from proper motorcycling clobber, I mean).

The only thing I no longer wear is the leather jeans/cowboy boots combination that I affected in my early twenties as I am no longer the slim, wiry bloke I was back then

Fork 'andles

Quote Originally Posted by toopretty View Post
    i see what your saying. But NO GROWN MAN should ever be caught in ANYTHING teenagers wear or listen to ANYTHING teenagers listen to or do ANYTHING teenagers do

Fuck you!!! Teenagers have decided to wear, do and listen to what I have all my life. I'm not stoppin'! They're just now catchin' on. They've thought of nothing new. They have technical assets we didn't have 30-40 years ago, a pension for not completely putting their clothes on, and fuckin' up good music but...They Ain't NEW!!!

Rookie Poster

Even tho he has made millions of dollars from it I find it kinda sad seeing Tony Hawk on a skateboard in his 40s

Junior Poster

...so here is my question, at what point is it too old to be like that? (my personal opinion is that if you are take on the "look" of the bands you listen to after the age of 21 or 22 then you are pathetic.
    e
    I'd say younger for guys. By their late teens they should have figured out it's just lame to copy some silly band's look, just as most other teen male behaviour is lame and something you try to grow out of asap. Once you realise it doesn't impress any sane female above the age of consent, such teen behaviour loses all appeal.

Show business is different. I think 50cent or whoever are stuck in a niche/genre for their public appearances and probably just trying to peddle whatever line of "designer wear" their agent has signed them up to advertise. And some people in show biz may be just trying to look younger to extend their careers. Since it's their living I can't really blame them for that, even if I think they look silly.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

bare with me this is long
    A couple pieces of pop culture news in the last couple days got me thinking. The two things are a picture of Chelsea handler laying in bed with 50 cent and leaked sex pics of some guy from the band "taking back sunday" on the the dirty. I have a theory and goes back a few months...I was dating a girl for few weeks and one day we were driving in my car and she was picking songs (i had a burnt mp3 cd in with like 200 songs on it) and lil wayne song came on and these words come out of her mouth "on my god i fucking love lil wayne hes so hot!" That was the beginning of the end for me. I stop calling her because i couldnt take her serious any more. A grown, almost 30 year old woman, "fucking loves lil wayne" huh???? thats a problem to me. If a 17 year old girl said it then it would be ok. So back to 50 cent and the taking back sunday guy. One is like 35 and still dresses like a gangsta and the other is just as old and still acts and looks like a emo high school kid.
    so here is my question, at what point is it too old to be like that? (my personal opinion is that if you are take on the "look" of the bands you listen to after the age of 21 or 22 then you are pathetic.
    and also, for the ladies, when is it too old to still like those kind of guys? ( i have to say the same age 21 or 22) any grown woman looking for a "gansta" is lame to me
    Its just music dude. Women in their 60s and 70s swoon over Wayne Newton, are they too old to be in "love" with Wayne Newton. Also 50 cent and the guy from Taking Back Sunday dress that way to cater to their crowd. Its like people that play black metal music. Yeah you are 45 years old and still wearing black and corpse paint, but you do it because it matches the music you are playing.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenguinea View Post
    Even tho he has made millions of dollars from it I find it kinda sad seeing Tony Hawk on a skateboard in his 40s
    Personally I don't see anything wrong with that; I have a friend who used to compete in skateboarding competitions throughout Europe who still skateboards, and he's now in his forties as well. It's a bit like saying that it's sad to still see Motörhead doing gigs just because Lemmy is in his sixties.

Fork 'andles

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenguinea View Post
    Its his career. Its not like he is doing it recreational. He made his money by riding a skateboard.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.