Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange handed himself in to British police

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    this guy is a prick period have you seen him talk?hes nothin but an arrogent piece of shit with an accent.what makes you think we need to hear what people are saying?how would you like it if we listened in to your conversations and then put them on the net for your wife and family to see?id bet you would be so pissed wouldnt you?you people seem to think because we elect people into office that we have a right to know whats said behind closed doors i think not we the people are on a need to know bacis period.if that happened in canada and he posted personal info on me i could and would have him charged as we have a law in affect that doesnt allow anybody without written consent tp publish any personal info its called the privacy act.
    Where do you get this shit from?
    So now he deserves to be killed just because you judge him as a prick with an accent?
    These were public officials using government computers. It's completely different.
    Maybe you need to read what the Canadian Privacy Act is, as you have a completely different understanding of it, to what it seems:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_Act_%28Canada%29

It's doesn't seem to have anything to do with the publishing of personal information, which I'd assume if it was truthful, the media could do (otherwise, how would we have any news).

For someone who excels at being different you have a very limited tolerance for anybody who is different from you - or their points of view.

Default Re: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange handed himself in to British police

I don't think the government should be able to classify anything "secret" unless they can show evidence that the people they claim shouldn't know about it don't already know about it.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Where do you get this shit from?
    So now he deserves to be killed just because you judge him as a prick with an accent?
    These were public officials using government computers. It's completely different.
    Maybe you need to read what the Canadian Privacy Act is, as you have a completely different understanding of it, to what it seems:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_Act_%28Canada%29

It's doesn't seem to have anything to do with the publishing of personal information, which I'd assume if it was truthful, the media could do (otherwise, how would we have any news).

For someone who excels at being different you have a very limited tolerance for anybody who is different from you - or their points of view.
    no i dont exel at being different it comes natually lol i dont see how you can like this guy i just dont get it?we all have choices in our lives and we have to live with them,i believe what he did was wrong period i would think that you are a good judge of character but this guy?just because i believe in vigialanties and an eye for an eye doesnt mean im hatefull so get that straight everyone that knows me absolutly adores me for my heart my passion and pure unselfishness so for you to say the world would be alot less hatefull if i werent in the world well thats so far from the truth its pathetic tell that to my kids friends and family that and they would tell you your off your rocker.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

no i dont exel at being different it comes natually lol i dont see how you can like this guy i just dont get it?we all have choices in our lives and we have to live with them,i believe what he did was wrong period i would think that you are a good judge of character but this guy?just because i believe in vigialanties and an eye for an eye doesnt mean im hatefull so get that straight everyone that knows me absolutly adores me for my heart my passion and pure unselfishness so for you to say the world would be alot less hatefull if i werent in the world well thats so far from the truth its pathetic tell that to my kids friends and family that and they would tell you your off your rocker.
    Julian Assange could be a rapist. Sure. There's a possibility. I have no idea. But, at present, he hasn't been charged with anything. So, if he's charged with rape, well, then there will be a trial. And if he is found guilty then he should be thrown in a cage....
    And to quote Glenn Greenwald once again: "WikiLeaks has never been charged with a crime, let alone indicted for one or convicted of one."
    And Greenwald further writes: "A consensus of legal experts agree that prosecuting the organization or Julian Assange for any of its leaks would be difficult in the extreme."
    And, too, why don't we prosecute the Guardian or the N.Y. Times for publishing the material??????

Will WikiLeaks escape Justice?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/45843.html

When Interpol Cares about Sexual Assault

by Laura Flanders
    Julian Assange turned himself in Tuesday -- he's been arrested and is being held without bail in London ahead of a hearing on extradition to Sweden. The head of the "stateless" news-leak organization WikiLeaks is accused of sexual assault --and let's be clear, he should face the charges. But since when is Interpol [the investigative arm of the International Criminal Court at The Hague] so vigilant about violence against women? If women's security is suddenly Interpol's priority -- that's big news!
    Tell it to hundreds of women in US jails and immigration detention centers -- who charge that they can't get justice against accused rapists -- or women in the US military (two of out three of whom allege they've experienced assault.) In Haiti hundreds of unprosecuted cases of rape in refugee camps could use some of Interpol's attention.
    To come back to earth... It seems we only care about women's bodies when there's a political point to be proved. Feminist lawyers had to fight for years for the Criminal Court to take rape in Bosnia and Congo seriously. Feminist journalists wrote for years about the treatment of women under the Taliban, but it wasn't until they needed to sell a war that US politicians cared--and invaded.
    Years later, Assange's organization ever-so-inconveniently leaked thousands of Afghan war logs and diplomatic cables about that war, and women's bodies are again the pretext for action.
    So yes, if Assange is accused of assault, he should face charges. So should football players (professional and college), politicians, film directors, and everyday Joes.
    But until some of those others start getting scooped up by Interpol and extradited, let's not pretend that this is the dawning of a brave new era in sexual assault prosecution, shall we?

And Alex Jones. Not really a fan but he's entertaining and comical...

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Julian Assange's family may say the same about him.
    You are hateful, you are calling for the death of someone whom you no little about, you've heard a few soundbytes of. Your attacks on anyone whose disagreed with you on this, show your venom towards it.

Whether I'm a good judge of character or not is irrelevant. He has yet to break the law (apart from the rape charges which even you must admit seem dodgy to say the least) and as I've stated before - just because you disagree with what Wikileaks has done, it doesn't mean it's illegal. You also seem to think that with Assange dead, there woudn't be any more leaks.

The only people I know who believe in an eye for an eye are crazy religious fanatics and I wouldn't have put you in that bunch. Most people other than those, try to see the facts before making such unwarranted statements that somebody should be assasinated for freedom of speach.

So....only 4 years for 3 different degrees of rape????

Side note: Even if they are made up allegations, only 4 fricken years???? thats it????

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Julian Assange's family may say the same about him.
    You are hateful, you are calling for the death of someone whom you no little about, you've heard a few soundbytes of. Your attacks on anyone whose disagreed with you on this, show your venom towards it.

Whether I'm a good judge of character or not is irrelevant. He has yet to break the law (apart from the rape charges which even you must admit seem dodgy to say the least) and as I've stated before - just because you disagree with what Wikileaks has done, it doesn't mean it's illegal. You also seem to think that with Assange dead, there woudn't be any more leaks.

The only people I know who believe in an eye for an eye are crazy religious fanatics and I wouldn't have put you in that bunch. Most people other than those, try to see the facts before making such unwarranted statements that somebody should be assasinated for freedom of speach.
    im pretty sure im not a fanatic exept my leafs of course im not religeous and i do believe in freedom of speech nut last i checked he aint speaking and never did so this has nothing to do with freedom of speach period,he leaked private government documents not knowing what was in them nor caring whats in them and hes not done yet,we both know what he did was extemely wrong period who pointed him judge and jury of what we need to know and see?i doubt i can change anyones mind in here nor do i care but as long as people see him as a hero ill keep posting in realitty hes no robin hood hes a snake plain and simple.if ya wanna talk fanatics that would be his followers you know the hackers who took down visa and mastercard

Last edited by lisaparadise; 12-09-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH