Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Default WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange handed himself in to British police

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange handed himself in to British police on Tuesday after Sweden issued a warrant for his arrest over allegations of sex crimes, London's Metropolitan Police said.

Assange is due to appear before City of Westminster Magistrates' Court when a date for an extradition hearing is likely to be set. This must take place within 21 days of his arrest.
    "He is accused by the Swedish authorities of one count of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of rape, all alleged to have been committed in August 2010,"

Assange has spent much of his time in Sweden and this year was accused of sexual misconduct by two female Swedish WikiLeaks volunteers.
    This led Swedish prosecutors to open, then drop, then re-open an investigation into the allegations. The crime he is suspected of is the least severe of three categories of rape, carrying a maximum of four years in jail.
    London police said Assange was arrested by officers from its extradition unit at about 9.30 a.m. (0930 GMT) after he appeared by appointment at a police station. His whereabouts had been previously undisclosed.
    If a judge is satisfied his extradition is warranted and will not breach his human rights, the WikiLeaks founder's extradition will be ordered, although Assange can appeal against that decision to higher courts.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange handed himself in to British police

If I get all of this straight, this is basically two catty women pissed that he had unprotected relations with both of them unbenknownst to each other around the same time. Once the other found out, it was reported as a violation of a law requiring the use of condoms that carries a civil fine of $700 USD. Some publicity seeking superior prosecutor took over the case and elevated it to the charges above and something called "sex by surprise" I understand if translated literally. Charges were dropped and then re-instated. One of the complaintants is a feminist that published a detailed, step by step manifesto on the web about how to get revenge on men that was removed, but recovered from an archived source. She and the other woman claim that they never intended this to go this far. British authorities are detaining him as a flight risk even though they do not have anything to formally charge him with at the time I last read and even they are not sure of the nature of the charges or interpetation within Common Law.

I'm not going to opine on the possibility of one of the women has potential CIA connections or other motives of the court and prosecutor kotowing to the US gov't. Just trying to make sense of what we know up to this point.

Anyone on the other side of the pond can clarify any of this?

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Default Re: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange handed himself in to British police

Quote Originally Posted by sunairco View Post
    if i get all of this straight, this is basically two catty women pissed that he had unprotected relations with both of them unbenknownst to each other around the same time. Once the other found out, it was reported as a violation of a law requiring the use of condoms that carries a civil fine of $700 usd. Some publicity seeking superior prosecutor took over the case and elevated it to the charges above and something called "sex by surprise" i understand if translated literally. Charges were dropped and then re-instated. One of the complaintants is a feminist that published a detailed, step by step manifesto on the web about how to get revenge on men that was removed, but recovered from an archived source. She and the other woman claim that they never intended this to go this far. British authorities are detaining him as a flight risk even though they do not have anything to formally charge him with at the time i last read and even they are not sure of the nature of the charges or interpetation within common law.

I'm not going to opine on the possibility of one of the women has potential cia connections or other motives of the court and prosecutor kotowing to the us gov't. Just trying to make sense of what we know up to this point.

Anyone on the other side of the pond can clarify any of this?
    this sucks i wanted to see a bullit in his head whats wrong with people these days suddenly they have morals? Fuck that send him to mexico and let them cut his freakin head off.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    this sucks i wanted to see a bullit in his head whats wrong with people these days suddenly they have morals? Fuck that send him to mexico and let them cut his freakin head off.
    Oh shut the fuck up Lisa, we've heard enough of your ridiculous, ill-informed rhetoric.
    The word is "bullet".

Bullitt was a 1968 Steve McQueen film.

Bullit has no meaning.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up Lisa, we've heard enough of your ridiculous, ill-informed rhetoric.
    The word is "bullet".

Bullitt was a 1968 Steve McQueen film.

Bullit has no meaning.
    Oh, relax. It's not like she called for your assassination. I don't agree with her opinion either, but I'll fight to the death for her right to state it.

~BB~

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Oh, relax. It's not like she called for your assassination. I don't agree with her opinion either, but I'll fight to the death for her right to state it.

~BB~
    Your point? We can still tell people to stfu if they are being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post

~BB~
    Great - maybe we'd get lucky and the two of you would take each other out and make the world a lighter and less hateful place!

oh shut the fuck up lisa, we've heard enough of your ridiculous, ill-informed rhetoric.
    The word is "bullet".

Bullitt was a 1968 steve mcqueen film.

Bullit has no meaning.
    fuck off moron your about as bright as a burnt out lightbulb fuckin idiot

great - maybe we'd get lucky and the two of you would take each other out and make the world a lighter and less hateful place!
    how you ever became rich is beyond me what a retard,LETS HOPE SOMEBODY TAKES YOU OUT AND THE WORLD WOULD BE A MUCH SMARTER PLACE NOW FUCK OFF

Last edited by lisaparadise; 12-07-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    fuck off moron your about as bright as a burnt out lightbulb fuckin idiot
    Great retort!