Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: Wikileaks.org is dead

Quote Originally Posted by african1 View Post
    Because like Russia, they gave a huge bribe to Mr. Blatter. BTW, why were they voting for 2 world cups at the same time and why voting 12 years ahead of time? Is it because Sepp is trying to make the most out it before his term ends?
    Yeah no wonder Putin didn't turn up - it was in the bag. Why do only 22 people vote and why is it a secret ballot?

Good question, I have no idea why they done 2 together but Sepp Blatter rhymes with Fucking Cunt ... nearly.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Yeah no wonder Putin didn't turn up - it was in the bag. Why do only 22 people vote and why is it a secret ballot?

Good question, I have no idea why they done 2 together but Sepp Blatter rhymes with Fucking Cunt ... nearly.
    LOL, priceless

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYBURBS View Post
    LOL, priceless
    the world cup and the olypics is the most corrupt people youll ever meet notice how the countries enriched with oil feilds got the world cup?huge and i mean huge bribes and these pricks love to stick it to the U.S.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

If he really does have information that can be really damaging, he needs to get rid of it, delete it, whatever, it will be the death of him and anyone that touches it, they are using kid gloves now, but that will change if they begin to think he might do something stupid

On a side note, I dont mind knowing about stuff that is happening around the world and such, but do you really think straining the relations of governments around the world is a good thing? I mean ffs North Korea is doing enough of that on its on, Iran is too, why push the envelope further? No offense, I really dont want anymore wars in my lifetime, nor in my future kids

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

The plug has been pulled on Assange by all of his hosts. In Sweden. By Amazon in the US and finally by OVH in France. Wikileaks.org is dead with or without a proxy.

I am starting to feel for the guy. It seems to me now that Assange is a pioneer in the domain of virtual freedom. People all over the world are following closely this arm-wrestling between an individual and a super power.

I may not agree with Assange's actions but I sympathize with his struggle nonetheless. Last year, Iranian students almost changed their government using the power of tweets. Assange's journey will tell us whether really the Internet is still that powerful tool that levels the grounds and empowers the common man.

p.s. Wikileaks has a new address in a different country now.
    Julian Assange is doing what he's doing, by and large, to expose what the mainstream media isn't doing: holding power accountable.
    The role of journalism [and TMZ isn't news, isn't journalism -- ha! ha!] is to divulge corporate and government wrongdoing. That's the purpose of journalism. Its function isn't to highlight the lives of celebs.
    What we have from the mainstream press is infotainment. It isn't news, it isn't journalism.
    Again, who is going to hold government accountable if the corporate media and the government have a cozy/comfy relationship???????

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Yup. They moved to Switzerland. We'll see how the gvt there will react to the pressure.

New address is indeed wikileaks.ch

Thanks for the IP.

LOL, I just tried to send them money on paypal and it says: "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

I wonder what is next.

Veteran Poster

Assange, is working to others interest, don't believe he is a free spirit for a second. If you seriously think he is some kind of hero, you are extremely naive and perhaps michael savage is right that liberals do have a mental disorder, as they are blinded by their bias.because surely you would question what is being revealed and when, and who it concerns?

Iam no fan of the mainstream media either, I do believe journalism has gone from honest unbiased reporting of the facts to becoming much too opinionated, focussing too much on celebrities and influenced by government,with big overly emotional headlines, which actually tell you very little about what is going on in the world. Even the BBC and CNN (stations that I used to think were the best news stations going), have sucumbed, to this 24 hr new media, idea,the BBC in particular being far too influenced by the government in power at one particular time, .The BBC was held as less influenced by corporations,but actually due to the licence fee, and pressure from murdoch , it is now just as bad.

But again, saying journalists are JUST there to expose corporate and government wrongdoing,that that is it's sole purpose is wrong also. That suggests journalists should have an inbuilt dislike of governments and corporations and that should be reflected in their reporting. That won't help either. Anarchy in my view is just as harmful to society, as excesses by corporations and governments.

Actually governments do need to be able to keep their diplomatic discussions with other nations private. And there are things that need to be kept secret because lives and national security are at risk if they are not.What is wrong, is that in recent years, the people have been lied too regarding the reasons of going to iraq, there is an increased emphasis on world government ,that no one wants. For instance the EU, the peoples in those countries aren't allowed to vote on the decisions governments make on their behalf. Increasingly national identities are being blurred , decisions are made we have no say in, and we don't like it. For instance I tell you now, if the german people were allowed to vote on whether to keep the euro as their currency,they would say no,if the British were allowed a vote on whether to keep the lisbon treaty they would say no. In fact I'd wager the British people would probably vote to leave the EU.

There is a climate in america it seems where people think neither the republicans or democrats are representing them properly.That the elite political establishment, are out of touch.Hence the tea party,even if they are also controlled by those with money, many of it's members are supporting it because they are sick of being lied too and don't trust those at the top,I never bought the media lies for a second that it was really about Obama being black .Don't you see Obama is just another puppet like Bush . They are just sick of feeling not listened too by both parties . There is increased social unrest in Britain and other european countries.We have the menace of extremist islam to deal with also.

In my view,we all need a clean out of our political systems and the media , and get politicians we can trust to conduct business on our behalf, and yes behind closed doors in secret . The main issue I think,is since the idiocy of Bush (yes while a conservative I never supported him,many far right conservatives didn't support his war in iraq or anywhere else) the lies, no one trusts politicians, no one trusts the media either because they broadcasted those lies and called anyone traitors if they were against those wars .Sadly to me the leaks are a dangerous red herring lives are at risk and he will be dealt with ,believe me. google dr david kelly, I never believe what they said happened there. But don't think assange is on our side, he isn't someone is pulling his strings.

I just wish more people didn't just sit and moan about what the establishment is doing ,and get off their backsides and do something about it. Because THAT is the only thing they are frightened of and will listen too.

'An iredeemable and ignorant scumbag who is surely worse than many of those his job gives him the right to arrest'. by Prospero, bedwetting liberal in chief .

I just wish more people didn't just sit and moan about what the establishment is doing ,and get off their backsides and do something about it. Because THAT is the only thing they are frightened of and will listen too.
    Isn't that what Assange is doing, regardless of what anybody else thinks of his motives?

Sure scared the hell out of everybody for a day. Until they figured out that nobody was surprized by any of the revelations.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    i dunno what your thinking that the worlds gonna be a better place?like where is this coming from?do you not watch the news cnn cnbn fox whatever nobody and i mean nobody thinks this will be better come on beautifull
    This post is comedy gold.