Last edited by www.tglovers.com; 12-03-2010 at 02:12 AM.
    Come check me out on my free social network at www.tglovers.com

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Default Re: Scientist have isolated the gene responsible for Slutty behavior!

Do they plan to bottle it and sell it next to Obsession?

Coming soon a new fragrance ... "Skanque" ... don't blame me for being slutty , it's in my jeans ... "Skanque"

Wheter you're good at being a bad girl or bad at being a good girl "Skanque" is the scent you crave.

Junior Poster

I realize this is a joke, but thought I'd make an (attempted) serious reply.

Complex behaviour or traits would need to be governed by a network of genes, not just an individual gene.

While natural selection acts on individual genes, it also acts on the networks or pieces of the network. So if a piece of the network makes the individual prefer men it can have an advantage if this is expressed in a female individual (the converse of that is a female with no interest in men -- she's not as likely to pass on her genes). But that piece can lead to homosexuality if expressed in a male. It is the fate of the genes, not the individual, that matters, because we all have pretty much the same copies of genes, with only small variations. Therefore, such genes may still have an advantage even if there is a chance they get expressed the "wrong" way in some individuals. Homosexuality and transgenderism are natural consequences.

As for slutty behaviour, I guess males benefit more from expressing that, though there are disadvantages too, like making oneself more prone to parasites, which is the price of promiscuity.

Just thought I'd clarify what some scientists think. You may decide for yourself if I should know.

who has the slut gene?

5 Star Poster

basically everyone has that gene