Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Guys: When you're around your "straight" friends & the topic of transsexuals come up?

Please don't be offended by the term "straight" I am just using it to illustrate a point.

When you are around other people who are not aware of your affinity for transsexuals, and the topic comes up...how do you handle that?

I've been in situations where people didn't realize that I was transsexuals and they begin to discuss transsexuals. I keep quiet because I am really interested in hearing what people really think. There have been other times where someone has said something that was completely disrespectful to transsexuals and I felt obligated to speak up.

As a trans-attracted man, do you speak-up, remain silent or look for an exit?

Come check me out on my free social network at www.tglovers.com

Senior Member Professional Poster Kevin Dong's Avatar

Default Re: Guys: When you're around your "straight" friends & the topic of transsexuals come

Quote Originally Posted by www.tglovers.com View Post
    Please don't be offended by the term "straight" I am just using it to illustrate a point.

When you are around other people who are not aware of your affinity for transsexuals, and the topic comes up...how do you handle that?

I've been in situations where people didn't realize that I was transsexuals and they begin to discuss transsexuals. I keep quiet because I am really interested in hearing what people really think. There have been other times where someone has said something that was completely disrespectful to transsexuals and I felt obligated to speak up.

I know what you mean Cerebral Diva. I am in my last year of university in a rural Canadian town and have dealt with this many times around my peers. I always have the upper hand in such an argument as people don't really argue with somebody my size and physical appearance. I've heard it all from people starting with idiots thinking homosexuality is a choice to misunderstood ignorant comments about transsexuals. I always put the little fuckers in their place. Nicely and politely and I never ever get physical!

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Default Re: Guys: When you're around your "straight" friends & the topic of transsexuals come

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dong View Post
    I know what you mean Cerebral Diva. I am in my last year of university in a rural Canadian town and have dealt with this many times around my peers. I always have the upper hand in such an argument as people don't really argue with somebody my size and physical appearance. I've heard it all from people starting with idiots thinking homosexuality is a choice to misunderstood ignorant comments about transsexuals. I always put the little fuckers in their place. Nicely and politely and I never ever get physical!
    when you join the ufc i want a front row seat bitch lol

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

on behalf of my sisters we would all like you guys to say something nice about us when the subject arises its amazing how one voice can change 10 mindes and so on and so on get my drift?

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

It's our duty to educate and inform the ignorant and misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    on behalf of my sisters we would all like you guys to say something nice about us when the subject arises its amazing how one voice can change 10 mindes and so on and so on get my drift?
    I agree.... Even if a guy doesn't want to "out" himself....there are ways of defending transsexuals and trans-attracted men without having to let people know of your affinity.

Come check me out on my free social network at www.tglovers.com

I agree.... Even if a guy doesn't want to "out" himself....there are ways of defending transsexuals and trans-attracted men without having to let people know of your affinity.

When jokes/conversations arise, I usually say something like, "Shit, if Beyonce(or insert any hot girl example:Megan Fox) had a penis, I would still bend her over in a minute. She still would be fine as hell.", and keep it moving.

That usually draws a few stares, but if said with conviction, you would be surprised how many"he's got a point"s you will get.

Yes my avatar is me!

Guys: When you're around your "straight" friends & the topic of transsexuals come up?
    Most of the time they all look over at me and say "and you shut up". The rest of the time they usually ask when I'm brining some of my TS friends around (like for "show and tell"). Funny thing is most of them think my on-again-off-again-fb is a TS because she goes to the TS events often enough and is a 6' tall WOC.

At least they don't spread rumors that I'm sleeping with one of the promoters that apparently has been going on for a while (fortunately I didn't know about it because i got so fed up with exactly that sort of shit that I stopped going).

But a warning for those of you who think it wouldn't make any difference if your friends, colleagues, etc. thought you were involved in the TS scene, even folks in th Adult biz are so fucking closed minded that they will talk shit about you. if you can deal with that and say "fuck them, it's their problem", good for you. but odds are you will miss out on at least a little GG pussy over it.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

I dont tend to be around people who would be flat out rude and derogatory towards transsexuals, or anyone. I never thought there was a reason to be rude towards a group of people just because you don't agree with some things about them.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    When jokes/conversations arise, I usually say something like, "Shit, if Beyonce(or insert any hot girl example:Megan Fox) had a penis, I would still bend her over in a minute. She still would be fine as hell.", and keep it moving.

That usually draws a few stares, but if said with conviction, you would be surprised how many"he's got a point"s you will get.
    Usually hear a convo about TS once a month, and i say the same thing and keep it moving. Some friends agree some don't.