Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks

Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote Originally Posted by NYBURBS View Post
    You're referring to Bradley Manning, and for any of the decent minded human beings on here that might want to help in his legal defense, you can go to this link and then click on the donate button:

http://www.bradleymanning.org/
    FUCK HIM.

Pause for a moment and reflect on that statement. It's our government's "behind the scenes" support for governments like that that have helped to create the legions of people that would see us all dead. I'm not naive enough to think some wouldn't look for other reasons, but the prime motivator for most has been our clandestine efforts to fuck with their society.

Wow, pretty enlightened stance there

Yea because exposing our "diplomatic" shenanigans is absolutely the same as giving over info on how to build hydrogen bombs

Loved how you cherry picked few comments in Viper's response to make his argument invalid. Those were few personal rants amidst a very good assessment. Don't you see that people who help us around the world fight alqaeda and nuclear weapons proliferation do so sometimes in secret because of fear of retaliation.

For instance, answer his concerns about N.Korea and Yemen. Yemen is infested with terrorists. Their regime is so weak it can be toppled at any moment. And when they help us, they do so in secret. Our diplomacy have been undermined because everyone now will hold back out of fear of having their comments published one day on wikis.

fucking pathetic...

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by african1 View Post
    Julian Assange is an A-hole. He's doing this shit for his own sake and to make himself famous. He is erratic and imperious. Saying to everyone: Look at me, I am poking my finger at America's power. All he does is undermining our diplomatic and military efforts. I'd understand if he was doing this during the lead-up to a war like in 2003, but not when the administration is sincerely trying to end this war.

He's indirectly helping Alqaeda and Iran and all those who hate the US. Also notice that he knows how to pick his fights. He's fighting the US because he knows we have principles and we'll never kidnap his ass and make him disappear. Why doesn't he do this to Russia or Iran or China. Why doesn't he leak docs about them. Well you know why?
    i hope the CIA puts a bullit in his head

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Julian Assange....

Also notice that he knows how to pick his fights. He's fighting the US because he knows we have principles and we'll never kidnap his ass and make him disappear. Why doesn't he do this to Russia or Iran or China. Why doesn't he leak docs about them. Well you know why?
    Come to think about it, he would probably not done all of this during the apex of the Dick Cheney Administration. They would probably have found he had a Syrian ancestor and have sent him to Syria through the special rendition program.

note a lot of files released date back to the previous administration.

Loved how you cherry picked few comments in Viper's response to make his argument invalid. Those were few personal rants amidst a very good assessment. Don't you see that people who help us around the world fight alqaeda and nuclear weapons proliferation do so sometimes in secret because of fear of retaliation.

For instance, answer his concerns about N.Korea and Yemen. Yemen is infested with terrorists. Their regime is so weak it can be toppled at any moment. And when they help us, they do so in secret. Our diplomacy have been undermined because everyone now will hold back out of fear of having their comments published one day on wikis.

fucking pathetic...
    First of all, I selected specific portions because otherwise I would be slamming a Wall O' Text onto the board.

Al Qaeda is a monster of our own making, one that came about via the clandestine efforts you, and those like you, are arguing we should keep away from the light of day. The government wanted to keep the Soviets out of Afghanistan and so they took pains to secretly supply and train that which now haunts us. So, you might want to rethink that particular portion of your argument.

We can sit here and rattle off countries and issues all day, but in the end it comes down to the fact that much of what we deal with today is either a direct or indirect result of our clandestine policies of the past. I don't want this perpetual cycle of interfering with countries, that are of little over-all importance to the vast majority of Americans, to continue, and it can only be stopped if it is exposed.

Declaring something as "vital" (thus marking it classified) does not necessarily make it so in reality. There are some things that would fit into that category, weapons designs, defense weaknesses, encryption codes, etc. Most of what was released is classified only because the government knows that it would not be accepted by a large number of Americans if it were made public.

There is a distinct dichotomy between the public persona that the US tries to put on (while handing out the Kool-Aid) and the behind-the-scenes policies that it really pursues. A Supreme Court justice once wrote that "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," well a whole shit load of sunshine just got shined down on our gov't.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Lisa is arguing for the principle of privacy which for diplomats is essential; in fact there isn't really anything shocking in the blizzard of material we are inundated with, is anyone surprised that so many states fear Iran? That even the Chinese are fed up with North Korea? What I want is a photo of that Ukrainian blonde who goes round with that 'strange' Mr Gadafy -I wonder, does she pack something other than a Kalashnikov in her trunk? Lisa (as a voluptuous blonde with a Ukrainian accent) over to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Lisa is arguing for the principle of privacy which for diplomats is essential; in fact there isn't really anything shocking in the blizzard of material we are inundated with, is anyone surprised that so many states fear Iran? That even the Chinese are fed up with North Korea? What I want is a photo of that Ukrainian blonde who goes round with that 'strange' Mr Gadafy -I wonder, does she pack something other than a Kalashnikov in her trunk? Lisa (as a voluptuous blonde with a Ukrainian accent) over to you...

Here you go. She looks Mexican to me. Looks like Daniella's Foxxx mother.

Professional Poster

Definitely a big supporter of what Wikileaks, Assange, and Manning have done. The U.S. has too many secret military actions/torture centers around the world, and some of that needs to be dealt with.

One tiny example: we've been bombing Yemen in secret, with the head of Yemen claiming it by his own forces (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-strikes.html). If some folks have such a hard-on for violence, at least man up when you're doing it. Wikileaks is just making publicly available government documents others forwarded to them, not anyone's personal private information.

It's sort of like how the Saudi King thinks he can jawbone the U.S. into doing his dirty work for him. Foreigners clearly think Americans are so stupid they can tell us what to do, and we actually jump on cue every time.

First of all, I selected specific portions because otherwise I would be slamming a Wall O' Text onto the board.

Al Qaeda is a monster of our own making, one that came about via the clandestine efforts you, and those like you, are arguing we should keep away from the light of day. The government wanted to keep the Soviets out of Afghanistan and so they took pains to secretly supply and train that which now haunts us. So, you might want to rethink that particular portion of your argument.

We can sit here and rattle off countries and issues all day, but in the end it comes down to the fact that much of what we deal with today is either a direct or indirect result of our clandestine policies of the past. I don't want this perpetual cycle of interfering with countries, that are of little over-all importance to the vast majority of Americans, to continue, and it can only be stopped if it is exposed.

Declaring something as "vital" (thus marking it classified) does not necessarily make it so in reality. There are some things that would fit into that category, weapons designs, defense weaknesses, encryption codes, etc. Most of what was released is classified only because the government knows that it would not be accepted by a large number of Americans if it were made public.

There is a distinct dichotomy between the public persona that the US tries to put on (while handing out the Kool-Aid) and the behind-the-scenes policies that it really pursues. A Supreme Court justice once wrote that "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," well a whole shit load of sunshine just got shined down on our gov't.
    I agree with some of your points but leaking secret/confidential information to the World is not the way to go about this.

I'll tell you that solving the Palestinian issue will stop 70% of the hatred we encounter worldwide. Instead of letting the American Chrisitan right wing and the Jewish Israeli one hi-jack the policies of both allies, and build more settlements, we should solve that problem ASAP.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    lisa is arguing for the principle of privacy which for diplomats is essential; in fact there isn't really anything shocking in the blizzard of material we are inundated with, is anyone surprised that so many states fear iran? That even the chinese are fed up with north korea? What i want is a photo of that ukrainian blonde who goes round with that 'strange' mr gadafy -i wonder, does she pack something other than a kalashnikov in her trunk? Lisa (as a voluptuous blonde with a ukrainian accent) over to you...
    oh your good lol send me some pix damn it

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH