Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks

Junior Poster

Default Re: Wikileaks

good on the hacktivists for bringing down mastercard and visa! why can one not donate to wikileaks when visa still allows one to donate to the KKK?????

Visa/MC are fucking Morons.

I'm cancelling my VISA debit card tomorrow after work (will ask for scissors from the cashier and cut it up in front of them) and telling everybody in the bank about it.

Following pasted from: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...e#comment-fold

Perhaps swamping VISA and Mastercard with complaints as to why they've stopped processing payments for wikileaks and the legal defence fund for Julian?

Especially since they can't have a moral argument -

4.14pm: Charles Arthur, the Guardian's technology editor, points out that while MasterCard and Visa have cut WikiLeaks off you can still use those cards to donate to overtly racist organisations such as the Knights Party, which is supported by the Ku Klux Klan. The Ku Klux Klan website directs users to a site called Christian Concepts. It takes Visa and MasterCard donations for users willing to state that they are "white and not of racially mixed descent. I am not married to a non-white. I do not date non-whites nor do I have non-white dependents. I believe in the ideals of western Christian civilisation and profess my belief in Jesus Christ as the son of God."

Email VISA/Mastercard here:

Peter Ayliffe is the CEO of Visa Europe: ayliffep@visa.com

enquiries.europe@visa.com

And Mastercard: consumer_inquiries@mastercard.com

If they want a war...

Quote Originally Posted by kieron View Post
    I'm cancelling my VISA debit card tomorrow after work (will ask for scissors from the cashier and cut it up in front of them) and telling everybody in the bank about it.

I'm sure that will be momentarily amusing to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    blah blah blah
    So how am I wrong when I say that he can't be charged with treason, eh?

I think all you exceptionally rich guys should cut me off a piece.

Or at least pay for my whores.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Treason & espionage aren't the same thing. By definition, treason is disloyalty or breach of allegience to one's own country. I just assume that anyone who doesn't understand that, probably doesnt know what they're talking about in the first place.

Assange won't be charged by or extradited to the US. He didn't leak the documents. He just published them. American journalists & their publishers pull this all the time. The State Department was given a chance to make a case for redaction of anything that they might consider dangerously sensative, & they shined it on. Probably because there wasn't anything in all that mess that was dangerously sensative. There wasn't anything secret. Just confidential. There's a big difference. There's really no espionage because he didn't do the spying, there's no evidence that he paid for or even solicited it, & he wasn't in the employ of any adversary of the US. He just made what he had public. That makes him a journalist by definition. Sloppy & amateurish, but a journalist all the same. You can talk all the laws you want, but the First Amendment trumps them all. It doesn't say the American press. As soon as we insist on taking jurisdiction over him, he falls under all of our protections, regardless of his nationality. If they go after Assange, they'll have to go after Woodward & everybody else. Ain't gonna happen.

It's up to the government to keep their confidentials confidential. Most of this is just email. Their computers aren't even secure. They're just going to have to be more careful.
    what makes you so sure that all he did was publish them?theres not enough info right now to determine that like how did he recieve the info?was it a thumb drive did he have to meet somebody to pick it up if infact that were the case then yes he will be charged with espionage period.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by jefff View Post
    who has he put at risk? the pentagon has admitted previously that reports wikileaks leaked, didn't put national security as risk. everytime wikileaks releases something people go crazy about putting people at risk and then some times passes and everyone forgets about it, as no one ends up dead.

your own supreme court ruled "“Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government”"

and wikileaks are only the publishers, not the "rats" as you love to say, who initially got hold of the documents. why is your anger not directed towards them?

no you are very very close to being a dummy, and an asshole. firstly, you could actually look up the word treason and find out it doesn't apply to assange at all.

also, anyone can be anything on the internet. $2 million dollars? is that all you've made? ha. i make at least that before breakfast everyday.
    i meant the espionage act but that being said i seriously doubt youve made half the money i did so get real.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    and will Assange be Time's Person of the Year?
    http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...029037,00.html
    wouldnt that be somethin lol my vote goes to ladygaga

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    what makes you so sure that all he did was publish them?theres not enough info right now to determine that like how did he recieve the info?was it a thumb drive did he have to meet somebody to pick it up if infact that were the case then yes he will be charged with espionage period.
    Huh? What you talking about? They have the leaker. They were on different sides of the planet. Nothing physically changed hands. There isn't anything about this case that isn't all over the internet.This is as transparent as it gets.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Huh? What you talking about? They have the leaker. They were on different sides of the planet. Nothing physically changed hands. There isn't anything about this case that isn't all over the internet.This is as transparent as it gets.
    we will see wont we

Veteran Poster

Palin and Gingrich both chimed in on the subject and blamed Obama for Wikileak's revealations last week. Obama's fault is a familliar scapegoat for the Republicans. However, it just got better. The religious right just stepped into the ring and guess what? They don't blame Obama, the Gays did it. It's all part of the Homosexual Agenda. Geeze, these conservative Christians must own ever copy published. Anyways, the American Family Association' Family Researc Council that's part of the Mainstream Evangelical movement now blames DADT and Manning's sexual orientation as the cause of the leaks. Assange is just a "sex criminal" and not the one that commited Treason (as if they even understand the term). I wonder if Assange has any comfort knowing that the religious right doesn't hold him responsible for breaching the security of the country.

http://www.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147500974

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/a...ier-wikileaks/