Default People voted to bring this Shit back

Remember Tom Delay, the powerful Republican rep. during the Bush years, well he got convicted.

Former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay -- once one of the most powerful and feared Republicans in Congress -- was convicted Wednesday on charges he illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002, which could send him to prison for decades.
    Jurors deliberated for 19 hours before returning guilty verdicts on charges of money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering in a scheme to illegally funnel corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002. He faces up to life in prison on the money laundering charge, although prosecutors haven't yet recommended a sentence.

Default Re: People voted to bring this Shit back

what a disgrace

Bring back what? Do you seriously think that this shit doesn't go on in both major parties?

Quote Originally Posted by NYBURBS View Post
    Bring back what? Do you seriously think that this shit doesn't go on in both major parties?
    Sure it does, my friend. But if you can find a Dem who was as absolutely brazen about his crooked behavior as 'The Hammer', I'd love to hear about it. Delay told corporate lobbyists straight out what a piece of legislation would cost. Hell, he even warned them not to hire any former Dem staffers. Learning that 'The Exterminator' got convicted brought a great big smile to my face. I hope the son of a bitch rots in jail.

The baby Hulk avatar is a big improvement on the Flash one, btw. Lol. As Robert Crumb so wisely said "keep on truckin' ".

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Sure it does, my friend. But if you can find a Dem who was as absolutely brazen about his crooked behavior as 'The Hammer', I'd love to hear about it. Delay told corporate lobbyists straight out what a piece of legislation would cost. Hell, he even warned them not to hire any former Dem staffers. Learning that 'The Exterminator' got convicted brought a great big smile to my face. I hope the son of a bitch rots in jail.

The baby Hulk avatar is a big improvement on the Flash one, btw. Lol. As Robert Crumb so wisely said "keep on truckin' ".
    I agree he's a piece of shit, I just wish more people would realize that this is systemic, and thus goes beyond any one person or party.

Btw, I cycle through my angry baby avatars, I get bored of having any one of em for too long. Hope all is well bro.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

No....wrong yet again.
    We purged guys like Delay from the Conservative Movement after the whole Abrahamoff debacle. We took our lumps and lost an election cycle and probably deserved it. He's gone....he has no control over me, you or anyone else. ..but alas Charlie Rangel and Maxine Waters remain. Will you (liberals) rid yourselves of that "baggage"....or will you keep reaching back into the past while your hypocrisy drags you down for yet another election ? Drain your own swamp before pointing fingers !!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

He's gone....he has no control over me, you or anyone else.
    He did manage to get Texas redistricted before the usual ten year period was up, which was the whole point of the shenanigans that landed him in jail. The redistricting was not rescinded and so his illegal games are still effecting Americans today.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    He did manage to get Texas redistricted before the usual ten year period was up, which was the whole point of the shenanigans that landed him in jail. The redistricting was not rescinded and so his illegal games are still effecting Americans today.
    Hi Trish !!

Well, the last I heard he was still a free man, and a private citizen pending appeal, but not so for Good Time Charlie....who remains on the public dole.

And by the way....to the winners go the spoils, so brace yourself for more redistricting !! I'll show you districts in upstate NY drawn by Dems to include just college towns and leaving out any of the suburban areas. The district map literally looks like paint splattered over a map. Peace

Well, the last I heard he was still a free man, and a private citizen pending appeal
    You heard wrong. Presumption of innocence is gone. DeLay's not a free man at all. He may be out on bail or on his own recognizance pending sentencing, but he's a convicted felon.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~