Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Default Re: Guys - Your Son Wants to Become a Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh View Post
    what else is there to do?

also id like to think that ill know my children (should i ever have any) well enough that my reaction to them comming out will be "duh!"
    How many guys in this forum hide their attraction to trans well enough that none of their friends and family know? Not saying it's the exact same thing as hiding a desire to be a woman, but still... you might never know, no matter how astute a parent that you are.

Junior Poster

I would whole heartedly support it. But I would be careful, and take steps to make sure we dont do anything permanent until he (she) is older and is COMPLETELY sure. Like say, if my 6 year old son (and yes there are tons of kids that are that are transitioning) wanted to become a girl, I would support him. I would let him grow his hair, wear girls clothes, change her name...all that. But i wouldn't let him have surgeries or hormones (i doubt you would give hormones to a person that young anyway). But when they turn 14-16ish, then we can talk about surgery procedures and hormones and whatever other medical stuff that would be appropriate.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by toopretty View Post
    I would whole heartedly support it. But I would be careful, and take steps to make sure we dont do anything permanent until he (she) is older and is COMPLETELY sure. Like say, if my 6 year old son (and yes there are tons of kids that are that are transitioning) wanted to become a girl, I would support him. I would let him grow his hair, wear girls clothes, change her name...all that. But i wouldn't let him have surgeries or hormones (i doubt you would give hormones to a person that young anyway). But when they turn 14-16ish, then we can talk about surgery procedures and hormones and whatever other medical stuff that would be appropriate.
    unless a doctor says its safe and warranted to start stuff like hormones at a younger age, then I would let him (her). Because Im sure there are tons of ts's that wish for anything that they would have started hormones years and years and years before they did.