Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sarah Fuckin Palin.....

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

The view of Sarah from over here would be one of the best comedies to come from the US in years - if the prospect of her actually becoming POTUS didn't make us all quake. I recall peple saying you couldn't get a worse president than Nixon and you gave us Reagan, that he was the worst and then you delivered Bush. Keep em coming. The USA and free world is still suffering from the insane Foreign policies of Dubya in the Mid East (to which our little PM Blair was an eloquent and squeaky cheerleader).

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    The view of Sarah from over here would be one of the best comedies to come from the US in years - if the prospect of her actually becoming POTUS didn't make us all quake. I recall peple saying you couldn't get a worse president than Nixon and you gave us Reagan, that he was the worst and then you delivered Bush. Keep em coming. The USA and free world is still suffering from the insane Foreign policies of Dubya in the Mid East (to which our little PM Blair was an eloquent and squeaky cheerleader).
    Looks like you UK boys got us figured out. Many of us here are not proud of the republican party senators, governors, and presidents here. Reagan taught the republicans to use absolute lies and propaganda the way the Nazis did in the late 30's Germany. And there is enough stupid easy to brainwash people in this country to listen to them. We used to be a nation of very smart people destined to be great leaders of the world. But not anymore. Greed and power is the main goal of republican party politics in America. We were equally disappointed at Mr. Blair as his nose was planted firmly up Bush's ass. I hope your new PM serves the UK people well.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

I jsut Michelle Bachmann on C-Span and man she can get it along with Pailn. They do have some nice lookin white woman over there.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Sarah Palin and The Dumbing Down of the American Presidency

By JOHN W. DEAN
    Monday, November 29, 2010 Sarah Palin's new book was written for two reasons: to make money for the author (and publisher) and as a paean to her loyal supporters (who will surely buy a copy for themselves and a copy to give as a Christmas gift). If you have not noticed, Mrs. Palin is on a sixteen-state book tour. Given her racially-tinged attacks on President Obama in the book -- proving to her base that she will play the race card that other politicians will not -- many believe this is Sarah's opening salvo for a 2012 presidential run.
    I disagree. So allow me a few preliminary thoughts about the coming presidential-election cycle, which is just now getting underway.
    What Is Sarah Palin Doing?
    I don't believe that Sarah Palin has a clue what she is doing -- other than making easy money, and more of it than she ever dreamed she might, by cashing in on her celebrity. She keeps those dollars coming her way by flirting with a presidential bid, for she is very savvy, and she knows that by playing this game, she keeps herself relevant, as well as in the news. I reached this conclusion just before the Thanksgiving holiday, when the New York Times Magazine did about as favorable a profile of Palin as she has received from any mainstream news outlet that is not owned by Rupert Murdoch.
    The author of the Times piece, Robert Draper, a Texas-raised freelance writer who had done a largely favorable history of the Bush II presidency, appears to have had good access to Palin. Draper's kindly look at Palin, however, actually reveals that she is no more prepared (or qualified) to run a presidential race now than she was to run her vice- presidential race two years ago. While Palin clearly has the outsized personality and ego that are necessary for a person to want to attain the highest office in the land, she is conspicuously lacking in presidential skills. If she could get the GOP nomination without a fight, or with just a little fracas, she would take it. But she has yet to show the stuff that is truly needed to win a nomination.
    More importantly, too, Palin has shown -- as several Nixon biographers have mentioned to me since she entered the political arena in 2008 -- a decidedly Nixonian nature. But as one historian, who understands Nixon well, noted, Palin has "all Nixon's downsides without his upside, because she lacks his knowledge and intellect." I agree.
    In truth, it is way too early to know what might happen in 2012. But it is not too early to think about the good, the bad, and the ugly of a Sarah Palin run for the presidency.
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Of A Palin Presidential Bid
    Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Tim Pawlenty, and Jeb Bush have all agreed that rather than fight with "momma grizzly," they will help her get the nomination and win the contest with President Obama. (If you think that could really happen, then you have overdosed on tryptophan at Thanksgiving dinner, but we're only being hypothetical now, to get Sarah nominated for illustrative purposes.)
    Some good would come of this, as follows: Vice President Joe Biden would likely become Secretary of State, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would surely become President Obama's running mate, as the vice-presidential nominee. This would nullify the gender issue, not to mention place in the contest a woman who is fully capable of taking over the presidency. Hillary would make Sarah appear second-rate, and the race would be over before it began. Moreover, Hillary's showing would very likely make her an even more viable future candidate.
    The bad that would come from a Palin presidential bid, however, is that it would cheapen the office of the presidency. George W. Bush pushed his own brand of anti-intellectualism during his 2000 and 2004 presidential races. Unfortunately, that stance did not end with Bush's election and reelection; rather, he made this attitude part of his presidency. This is a troubling trend that has been growing since the Reagan years --as Elvin T. Lim has described in his book The Anti-Intellectual Presidency: The Decline of Presidential Rhetoric from George Washington to George Bush. In short, a serious presidential bid by Palin would be a dumbing down of the presidency.
    Finally, to complete our analysis of the good, the bad and the ugly, the ugly is what would follow a Palin candidacy. Such a race would be about as divisive as imaginable, because her supporters -- those Tea Party folks who are not always reasonable, and who keep talking about Second Amendment solutions and revolution -- do not care that she is totally unqualified for the job. Yet an overwhelming majority of Americans (between 67 percent and 71 percent) currently believe Palin is not qualified to be president. If she runs, there will an ugly standoff between die-hard Palin supporters and everyone else.
    Do Not Worry About Sarah
    Barbara Bush has it right: Palin should stay in Alaska -- at least for now. She is making millions upon millions of dollars. She can run her lucrative celebrity scheme for a couple of election cycles, and in 2016, she might be a viable candidate. She is learning now about the real world. She is doing some serious reading. She is not stupid, just more interested for the moment in making money while taking shots at the opposition from the sidelines, rather than entering the playing field.
    To pursue the presidency, Palin needs to get serious and become somewhat more mainstream. A presidential race is not a reality show. Helping the GOP presidential candidate in 2012, and devoting herself to another round of boosting House and Senate candidates in 2012 and 2014, could stand her in good stead in 2016. Being a radical gets you the support of only about 25 percent of the voters -- those folks who would elect anyone who told them what they want to hear.
    No one can win the presidency or govern the nation, however, with 25-percent support, particularly when that support is from those holding the most extreme views about government. But Palin can get a real education while playing the role she has assumed. For now, she would be quite smart to continue playing that role. Not only will it make her a fortune, so that she and her family will always live well, but it would also prepare her for a serious run for the presidency, ensuring that she would enter the arena after she has paid her dues, and acquired a true understanding of what is involved in governing the nation.
    Do Worry About The American Presidency
    We must stop encouraging candidates who require the dumbing down of the job of the nation's chief executive, because in the real world -- and I have been there -- you must know what you are doing (or be a very fast learner) to deal with the myriad difficult, and sometimes novel, issues that reach a president's desk. It is a tremendous challenge to face the day-to-day grind of running that office in a manner that actually serves the nation and the world.
    My greatest worry with Barack Obama when he ran in 2008 was that if he won, he would not really be ready to govern. While he has great talent, desire, and intellect, he entered the job with little real experience. As is now clear, my concerns were well-placed, for he is still learning on the job, and he has yet to realize his great potential. Experience is needed not merely because the job is difficult and complex, but also due to the nature of the contemporary presidency.
    There has been a pattern in recent history that goes as follows: We elect a conspicuously-able president and he does not magically cure all the nation's ills (for instance, Bill Clinton). Then, we elect a new president (for instance, George W. Bush) who is not so able, and who not only fails to solve all the problems before him, but also creates new problems. What no one seems to notice, in this pattern, is that the able presidents spend most of their time cleaning up the mess of their predecessors who were not so able. Thus, in dumbing the office down, we are creating a legacy of increasing the unsolved problems that call for presidential attention.
    One thing I am confident Sarah Palin could do as President of the United States, and I find the thought of that prospect horrifying, would be to make a terrible (if not fatal) mess of things. She is not prepared to solve problems that have accumulated over the years. Nor would she be up to the task of governing, even if President Obama were somehow able to solve those inherited problems before he departed -- which will not happen either. It takes more than a 140-character tweet to be president.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Actually most people that I speak to don't even know who Sarah Palin is, the BBC of course with it's biased newsreporting are always going to dislike Palin just like they do other republican politicians and figureheads. So I expect due to how thick many people are over here they will just read what the BBC or some guardian hippy says about her and believe it!

Although they do know who Barack Obama is, people disliked Bush but with Obama it is a different kind of dislike.The only president who people liked in quite recent times was Bill clinton.Everyone loved bill. The media became more critical of Obama after his election due to some of his well publicised gaffes and blunders that did make him seem anti British.Then it all came out about his grandfather who was 'tortured' by us.

In reality he was flogged for stealing rifles,a common punishment in those days given out to native thiefs .There was no torture ,he was given a flogging. Indeed,in the UK at the time thiefs were flogged and not for anything as serious as stealing firearms . So I suspect his grandfather somewhat sexed up his encounters with the British to Obama. There was his non support over the falklands despite the fact those who live there want to determine their own futures.

People just see Obama as carrying on the policies of Bush,with an anti British resentment mixed in. And no one sees his wife michelle as a 'beauty' but a manly looking transvestite. In fact under Bush while people hated him,thought he was stupid people hated Blair more for taking the country into wars that may not have been in British interest (we will never know for sure having no access to intel our wonderful leaders had and have) .But under Obama, I hear talk of how the special relationship is dead, (the special relationship was quite one sided anyway, more valued by the Brits) but under Obama the reality has hit home.

Thats what I get from British people who don't read the guardian. In a way Obama might be good for us ,in that we become more independent ,however knowing our politicians distance from America will just push us further into the arms of the EU.

I just find it quite amusing that people rant on and on about Palin when she is no longer governor and is just a talking head right now on fox news, and doing trips to israel and india as well of deciding whether to run in the republican primary. Yes the republican primary, where I predict they might as well bring a big spit to roast people on as it will be brutal.There is huge tension in the ranks right now. She has not even declared she is running yet and if she does she will have an uphill battle to get on the ticket. In fact all candidates will as they all have their detractors.

People would rather talk about the sideshow of Palin and not about a very inept president who has no clue what he is doing when there is huge international turmoil , and trying to remain as hidden as possible. Who I have a conspiracy theory that after the dems did so poorly in the past election, was told to take a back seat and the clintons are running things as the dems want a second term.Which is a gamble in itself.

Last edited by arnie666; 03-29-2011 at 06:50 AM.
    'An iredeemable and ignorant scumbag who is surely worse than many of those his job gives him the right to arrest'. by Prospero, bedwetting liberal in chief .

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    I jsut Michelle Bachmann on C-Span and man she can get it along with Pailn. They do have some nice lookin white woman over there.

I have noticed for some reason in the states there are many goodlooking conservative women out there as politicians or commentators. Michelle Malkin is another one. On fox even the female lawyers they get on there are pretty, leggy and blonde. Can't say the same for the left.

That is not the case in this country. female politicos on all sides ,left and right are dog rough.

'An iredeemable and ignorant scumbag who is surely worse than many of those his job gives him the right to arrest'. by Prospero, bedwetting liberal in chief .

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by beandip View Post
    SP will be the next POTUS. Count on it. The fix is in. It matters not to me because all Presidents are bought and paid for.....look at Obummer. Without exception he went against every single item he campaigned on.

I just want SP to win so I can have a POTUS I can fap too. That......and it'll piss off Libtards to no end.
    While I do like what I have seen of Palin, I under no illusions that she has political ambitions and just like those who supported Obama found when he was elected you might not get what he and his campaign team said you would get. Of course they make out ,all the libs had unreasonable expectations of Obama, and 'man at least he isn't Bush or that doddery half mad mcain',when it was him and his campaign team with the help of the media that made him out to be a god and the man who will bring 'hope' and 'change'. I think this is why the left,represented well by many on this forum attack Palin to this day,because deep down they know they were lied too and now feel stupid.

So if there was a Palin presidency, I wouldn't be all that surprised if all the big talk turns into a bit of a damp squib. That is why the left should not be that afraid of her. The sinister string pullers in the background will get to her like they have Obama,so the change will be not much.If they haven't already. But she might surprise, she is very headstrong and has a history of not following the party line. One of the reasons I like her and the republican establishment don't.She isn't that easy to control.

So in any event I agree, might as well have someone pretty as a figure head who annoys the hell out of the left. The world is fucked anyway doesn't matter who is in charge.

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by arnie666 View Post
    I have noticed for some reason in the states there are many goodlooking conservative women out there as politicians or commentators. Michelle Malkin is another one. On fox even the female lawyers they get on there are pretty, leggy and blonde. Can't say the same for the left.
    Female GOP politicians are chosen for their beauty to catch your eye. Also they are rich and can afford to look good. All of the females on FoxGOP channel are hired because they are sexy. They are actresses just reading the scripts that are written for them. They know that sex sells in America.

The women in the democratic party are real life people who actually look like real life people. By the way, have you seen the hot women anchors on MSNBC and CNN? They are babes, but real jurnalists that have been in news for a while. They are not acting. They write their own on-air reports.

MSNBC and CNN are real news channels. CNN is owned by TimeWarner/Turner, and is very in the middle politically. The usually just tell the good and bad about both parties.

MSNBC is a co-venture of NBC news and Microsoft. NBC news is owned by NBC/Universal who is now owned 51% by Comcast. NBC has always been left of center, and Microsoft owned by Bill Gates is a rich republican. But Comcast is also known for being right of center. So there is some balance in news, but their prime time anchors are obviously left of center. But when they see a liberal making mistakes, they don't hesitate to point it out loudly. So they ARE objective.

Fox news is owned and operated by Rupert Murdock. An extreme right winger who owns several rag newspapers and all of the FOX movie, TV and sports networks. Murdock gives a million dollars each year to the GOP, and uses his Fox News channel as nothing more than a propaganda outlet for the GOP. Murdock has a team that checks all Fox news scripts before they air live.

And now you know the rest of the story.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Ineeda if you indeed believe that, sir you are a complete idiot.