Default Is it just that the past always seems better than it actually was, or....

I was looking thru the photo archives section and remembering the old parties. And not just the TS events: Hellfire, The Vault.... you name it. Am I just remembering fondly? Am I missing things which are going on now?

I tried making myself a list of some of the things I saw going on back then and i don't think I am just imagining: they were pretty wild.

What are some of the wild things you guys remember seeing at events? I'd love to hear about stuff I missed, or jogging my memory of stuff which I forgot about. I'm sure those who weren't around back then would love to hear about how it used to be as well. And I'm not just talking about names of girls, places, etc. Here is an example from my own experiences:

I was friends with a "straight" couple who had always wanted to go to Hellfire (this was when is was in the triangle building in the basement just South of 14th St). Another couple who were friends of theirs were visiting them from out of town who also were curious, so they asked me to be their "tour guide" and take them there. Fine.

If you remember, there were 2 larger rooms with a fairly narrow passage between them. As the 5 of us (me in front) were going thru this passage, there's one guy giving another a BJ right in the middle so you pretty much have to brush up against them to get passed. After I go by, I hear a shriek (not too bad, mostly surprise) from 4 people back (obviously the woman in the second couple). To get by, she had taken a "high step" to step over the legs of the guy who was on his knees giving the BJ, but something was missing: the legs. She looked down and saw the guy wasn't on his knees: it was a midget giving the BJ and it surprised the shit out of her. Everyone had a good laugh (including everyone within ear shot) and it made a great story.... to this day.

I know at the last couple of events I threw, I tried to have some more "out there" stuff (like 6 TS gang banging a GG; Viv/Susi and her Corona bottle; a certain TS dancer getting "raped" by a lesbian with a strapon). But even in just a year or so, everyone has become such prudes? WTF happened?

I don't know stuff like this going on these days.

Curious to here wilder stuff going on - either today or yesterday.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Default Re: Is it just that the past always seems better than it actually was, or....

Great story. But I think that it's just that the younger we were, the more likely we would have been to be surprised by something we saw. Or maybe it was just more energy, to be out there at the right place and time. Like the time, I saw this post op woman, who was so proud she raised dress over her waist, with no panties, in the middle of a dance floor. It wasn't a flash, it was more like a display. People were shocked, even some of her girls.

Default Re: Is it just that the past always seems better than it actually was, or....

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Veteran Poster

Maybe they have to some degree, especially within the past 10 years. It's hard for anything to be spontaneous now or not captured on video or image to be accountable to the following day. With social media, twitter, texting, and so forth, it seems like everyone now is playing their hands close. It's as if you're under the possibility of 24/7 surveilance now and whatever you do or say has a high probability of showing up on the net or biting you in the ass later. Ten to twelve years ago, cellphones became affordable to everyone, the net was wild and generally annonymous. For a short time, people were free to be themselves and live and do wild things larger then life, sort of like the disco days of the 70's. Technology and the general climate after 9/11 sort of put a squelch on that. Go to any club and the moment somebody raises their voice, you have 5 phone cams in the air. The security system is probably streaming over the net. Your cellphone becomes a wittness against you or gives your wherabouts up. It's a goldmine these days for LE or your boss or anyone for that matter to know what you're up to. Under those circumstances nobody in their right mind is going to be spontaneous and nothing wild is going to happen if you're sane or not wasted.

The older parties were nuts because things were a larger scale and only done every couple of months.....there are prob more options then ever but the quality isn't the same....I am sure the economy also plays a bigger part as well....

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

As a kid i thought the Transformers cartoon was incredible and rushed home from elementary school to watch it and GI-JOE , Thundercats etc ... I caught an episode last night and i gotta be honest , it was pretty cheezy.

Memories are almost always better.

Creak... Grunt... Eh?

Oh, the whippersnappers are complaining about aging.

Sorry kids. Ran out of sympathy decades ago.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~