Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Don't do what I did and watch three episodes back to back to back. Midway through the second episode I felt they had run out of creative ways to kill zombies (how many ways are there, really) and when they weren't doing that, they were either arguing among each other or finding stupid reasons to go back into Atlanta. By the end of the third episode, I hated the show. Not giving up though, I've learned my lession and will attempt the next episode, solo.

This show is bullshit!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bassman2546 View Post
    Don't do what I did and watch three episodes back to back to back. Midway through the second episode I felt they had run out of creative ways to kill zombies (how many ways are there, really) and when they weren't doing that, they were either arguing among each other or finding stupid reasons to go back into Atlanta. By the end of the third episode, I hated the show. Not giving up though, I've learned my lession and will attempt the next episode, solo.
    It is less about killing zombies and more about what happens when society completely breaks down and we are not in control anymore.

Just killing zombies grows old quickly.

How would you act if everything collapsed and you had no idea how or why it happened?

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

i lvoed it , thougght it was a great piece of filmwork and script

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Quote Originally Posted by zerrrr View Post
    If anyone is interested in the comics here is a link with all the issues scanned.

http://twd-comix.info/

Next season looks like it will be very, very interesting.
    does anybody else get redirected to 1&1 when clicking the link? it was working for me earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    does anybody else get redirected to 1&1 when clicking the link? it was working for me earlier.

Same for me.. thinking the lease expired on the domain

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by zerrrr View Post
    1. Guns would be plentiful initially but ammo is the key. How many gun shops are there in big cities. You are more likely to find a lot of ammo in the rural areas than a downtown. Even then they would be raided first and likely emptied out within the first week.

2. Transportation would be available but because society has broken down the amount of fuel supplies would become fixed. Even if you were able to get to a service station would you be able to access the gasoline considering there is no power and likely some sort of shutoff valve cutting off access.

I was talking about this on another board and one great part about last nights episode was watching Shane break down over this short season. We started last nights episode showing Shane try to protect Rick in the hospital while the military was shooting patients in the hallway. Then Shane tries to protect Rick's wife and son. When Rick returns it further shatters Shane's life and we saw him spiral further and further out of control.

This whole season was how would you act when society completely breaks down. There is no law and order and all of a sudden you are not the top of the food chain.

Even Rick is going crazy. He stills wears his full sheriff's uniform despite their being no government, police, military, etc.
    Hi zerrr,

I was in a critical mood when I made my original post on this but I still stand by my comments and so I'll play along...

You make some good points but if I may, follow your line of thinking through to conclusion; yes the ammo is a very important point but with the 300 million guns in the US in private hand you can also posit that, in most cases, those owners will have ammo for said guns. So while there may well be a run on gun and sporting good stores, police stations, military bases, etc., 40 to 45 percent of homes in the US have a gun (I checked), as such, a gun and the ammo needed is a stones throw away regardless. Now if Atlanta has a no handgun law, which I didn't check, those numbers would be reduced by approximately a third as of the 300 million guns, 100 million are handguns.

With regards to the fuel issue you make an excellent point about it being fixed but what about all the functioning vehicles in the US, again we have to consider the sheer scale of this, each with a fuel tank. So even if the gas stations, fuel tankers and refineries are relieved of their supply, a large amount of fuel will remain in the millions of vehicles all over the country just waiting to be siphoned.

I consider most of these points to be academic however, since it seems that most of the population is either dead or a zombie and got that way quickly, so the vast majority of the guns, ammo, vehicles, fuel and don't forget shelter is up for grabs by the very few that remain (just a guess but the remaining pop. seems to be much less than 1%).

Having said that I guess my real disappointment is that it's not up to the standard I was expecting considering the exceptional work that goes into other shows on the same network. Breaking Bad for example is way above par as far as I'm concerned, if you haven't been lucky enough to have watched this one from the beginning, it's well worth renting the DVD to catch up, it's a very impressive piece of television.

Joe

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - Andre Gide

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Big Joe

1. Guns would be scarce because most people would grab and stockpile weapons , so gun shops would be cleaned out. Whether or not those people are dead and sitting on an arsenal would be another story.
    2. They do have adequate transportation a winnebago , a few cars/trucks , something a bit more armored would be nice but they are staying true to the comics
    3. Shelter won't be a problem later but most of the secure places like a prison *hint hint* would probably have been claimed by other survivors
    Sorry rockabilly I missed your reply. See my last post above. ^

Cheers

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - Andre Gide

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Same for me.. thinking the lease expired on the domain

Before it went down I was able to read everything and the next season should be very, very interesting.

Let me see if I can find a zip file. Some friends were downloading and I am not sure if they got everything.

Latrodectus mactans

Junior Poster

They made some points in the comics which were not made in the TV show....yet.

Without spoiling too much, they are attracted by sound so a gunshot would have the effect of drawing everyone within a certain radius.

I like the thought of 'what happens if society completely collapses and now you are not at the top of the food chain.' No tv, cell phone, electricity, anything. How would people react?

Latrodectus mactans