Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Did Maria Conchita Alonso Ruin "Colors" Or Make It Better?

Maria Conchita Alonso is a terrible, terrible actress. I've seen many bad performances from her but nothing as entertaining as the lady at the taco stand/neighborhood homegirl from the movie "Colors". Her shining moment had to be the scene at the party. Sean Penn, the cop she's dating, walks into a random bedroom and catches her burning coal with Looney Tunes, a neighborhood gangster. She chases him out the door screaming some shit like, "FUCK YOOOOOOOU, PAC-MAN! This is me too, maaaaaaan!" That scene is fucking golden and I laugh so hard my ribs hurt every time I see it.

Professional Poster

Haha I'll have to check that film out again. I watched Colors a long tome ago and I don't remember much about it or even have a recollection of Maria Conchita Alonso even being in it. But I do remember seeing her in Predator 2 and The Running Man and she was spectacularly awful in those films. I remember thinking that she must be blowing some director because she clearly had zero acting ability...

Quote Originally Posted by traLika View Post
    Haha I'll have to check that film out again. I watched Colors a long tome ago and I don't remember much about it or even have a recollection of Maria Conchita Alonso even being in it. But I do remember seeing her in Predator 2 and The Running Man and she was spectacularly awful in those films. I remember thinking that she must be blowing some director because she clearly had zero acting ability...
    Check out the Walter Hill film "Extreme Prejudice". She's caught in the middle of a love triangle with a brave lawman(Nick Nolte) and a dangerous drug kingpin(Powers Boothe). Nolte and Boothe are pulling off some serious macho shit in a battle of The Law vs The Lawless but really in a fight to the death over Conchita Alonzo's hand. She witnesses the venom between the two realizing at the end of the day one less wiener will be put inside her. She tears up and says, "Joo both craysy!" Another lol moment.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I recently saw Colors again after many years.

Over-all I found all of the characters performances less than stellar,
    including Penn and Duvall, both of whom I normally love.

Didn't care for the soundtrack, or Ice Tea's rapping much either.

Bottom line, the film didn't age well.

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee View Post
    I recently saw Colors again after many years.

Over-all I found all of the characters performances less than stellar,
    including Penn and Duvall, both of whom I normally love.

Didn't care for the soundtrack, or Ice Tea's rapping much either.

Bottom line, the film didn't age well.

That Damon Wayans scene with the giant stuffed rabbit will still be funny 100 years from now.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Check out the Walter Hill film "Extreme Prejudice". She's caught in the middle of a love triangle with a brave lawman(Nick Nolte) and a dangerous drug kingpin(Powers Boothe). Nolte and Boothe are pulling off some serious macho shit in a battle of The Law vs The Lawless but really in a fight to the death over Conchita Alonzo's hand. She witnesses the venom between the two realizing at the end of the day one less wiener will be put inside her. She tears up and says, "Joo both craysy!" Another lol moment.

lol haven't seen this one. I'll have to invite a couple of friends around and do a Maria Conchita Alonso evening. Three or four films of bad acting and lots of chili and cervesa!

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

That Damon Wayans scene with the giant stuffed rabbit will still be funny 100 years from now.

Also not one of his best roles, definitely have seen put forth better performances.

Quote Originally Posted by traLika View Post
    lol haven't seen this one. I'll have to invite a couple of friends around and do a Maria Conchita Alonso evening. Three or four films of bad acting and lots of chili and cervesa!
    If you want to see her in something truly horrid try to get a copy of McBain. Christopher Walken plays the lead role. You can find it on the torrents.

Professional Poster

If you want to see her in something truly horrid try to get a copy of McBain. Christopher Walken plays the lead role. You can find it on the torrents.

Yeah, I rented this one out back in the '90s. I stupidly assumed that it should be good because it had Walken and Michael Ironside in it. Maria was completely over the top, if I remember correctly. Will have to dig it out again... lol

Silver Poster

"Colors" was a good movie thanks to Dennis Hopper alone. While her performance wasn´t the best, Maria Conchita Alonso was not enough to ruin this movie. Btw, a few tracks were arranged by Herbie Hancock but cannot be heard on the official soundtrack.