4 21.05%
  • Typical college idiot

6 31.58%
  • But Bush.......!

1 5.26%
  • Because he's black

3 15.79%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Why has Obama failed so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    There's been some interesting, insightful things said here regardless of weather I concur. Historians will spend decades trying to figure out where it all went so wrong for Obama. One can make this as complicated as one chooses, but Carvelle had it right on 2 separate instances. "It's the economy Stupid" . The fact of the matter is if the economy was chugging along and unemployment was 4-5% chances are Americans wouldn't be nearly so critical of the liberal agenda. A man without a job is a dangerous animal, and in the proceeding 2 years, Obama has showed little ability to feel one's pain, and impotent to do anything about it. He pissed away a year on health care while millions of Americans lost their jobs. The fact that they became unemployed may not be his fault, but it sure the hell is his problem! His polices have yet to show any tangible results. Period. He is extremely unpopular with businesses big and small. That's not my opinion...but rather a fact.
    The second nail that Carvelle hit squarely on the head was his frustrated rant about the oil spill. Remember this.."you got to do something man, we're dying down here". Again in a crisis Obama appeared detached and aloof. It was weeks before he even issued a statement about the crisis. Save all the articles and research you will no doubt try to counter that with...perception is reality. And he was perceived as detached and powerless and almost disinterested. It's hard to stop a bullet once it's left the muzzle, and it's hard to change the perception once it's out there. Much of the criticism is probably well deserved, but not all of it. I remember when the shit started piling on Bush and he seemed powerless to combat it, and the media moved in for the final kill rendering him damn near incapable of anything.....well my progressive friends, in politics...turnabout is fair play. I feel your pain because I've too experienced it. Suck it up and deal with it and stop seeking scapegoats .

I see things a lot different than you. Obama cant feel anyone's pain? What about givng healthcare to 20 million new people? That is literally about feeling pain. You say it was wasted time, but I know of people who have been helped already. Namely college age people who are able to get coverage long now. You say he did nothing about jobs, what about the stimulus bill? The financial regulation bill affected me directly, by limiting the amount of bank fees. My family had been hit particularly hard in the past, with multiple family members using the same account. And I recall Obama talking about the oil spill. I also followed it in the news, and it was mostly about the efforts of BP to control the spill. How could the adminstration make any major decision until it was capped enough to asess total damages.

I think that Obama has been a victim of the greatest hate machine. Like I ask in another thread, what other president has been accused of hating America. That's absolute nonsense, but I have seen it written numerous times in news article responses. I fundementally agreed with many actions of the Bush adminstration, but I never once thought that he hated America.

I will say that Obama thought that both parties would work together at times for the good of the nation. But it seems that time is past. There was a time that a major media person, could not have remained on the air, with the goal of hoping the US would fail. But these days is legitimate and accepted career choice, to promote disrespect and hatred for our government, fellow citizens, and democratic principles. And the ironic thing is so many people claim to believe and want "Christian values".

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    What about givng healthcare to 20 million new people? That is literally about feeling pain.
    HAHAHAHA what?! wake up. the healthcare bill is only about one thing: $$$$ for insurance companies and pharma. that it MIGHT be able to help some people is nothing but a welcome bonus.

Damn, my first post here on HungAngels and I had to go political...LOL!

First of all your poll isn't really a poll at all as your polling options are all skewed to the right and offer no alternative for those of opposing views.

It's plain too see that the obstructionist Rebublican party has done all they can to cause Obamas agenda to fail. Where as Bush had a group of spineless Democrats that along with his Republican Congress rubber stamped one bad policy after another which is how we got so deep in this mess in the first place.

Anyway, the real issue here is if you can't construct a poll properly then you're really just....