View Poll Results: Which one is better:

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • To Be Secure. I'd rather live in a maximum security institution n be secure.

2 9.09%
  • Liberty. We fight for it, we'll die for it. Protect it within its realm.

20 90.91%

Default Security or Civil Rights

With the advent of the new Body Scanners and invasive Body pat-downs, our societies have just crossed another line and tore down one more privacy wall, encroaching inch-by-inch on our civil rights.
    Do you, or not agree with this?
    Is it better to be secure or to be free?

In this debate, you cannot be half way this, or hald way that. It's either, would you compromise your liberties to be secure, or should we fight for liberty before all.

Remember BJ: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I'm not much for the scanner. Don't need my daily dose of radiation. As far as the pat down, I don't want no dude or giant colored ladies grabbin' at my goodies.

But, if she worked at the airport I would gladly comply with any search thorough enough for her satisfaction. If I thought she did a good enough job I might give her a $40 tip and come back next week.

Last edited by Dino Velvet; 11-17-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Junior Poster

Dino,

Do some reading. The "dose" of radiation being scanned is less than using your cell phone. In fact, you get more radiation flying about 2 mins than by the scanners.

I flew a few weeks ago. I saw a pat down. The woman was patting down another woman and was using the BACK of her hand to conduct the search.

Too many people running around yelling "my rights... my rights".

I think we should make a new airline...go back to 20 years ago... allow people to walk right on board... no checks.. no scan... nothing... smoke if you want... whatever. Anyone who doesnt want to be body scanned or patted down takes this plane.

I'll fly the one with the body scans thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I'm not much for the scanner. Don't need my daily dose of radiation. As far as the pat down, I don't want no dude or giant colored ladies grabbin' at my goodies.

But, if she worked at the airport I would gladly comply with any search thorough enough for her satisfaction. If I thought she did a good enough job I might give her a $40 tip and come back next week.

Enjoy what you have today...for we know not what tomorrow holds

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

I'm hoping Asa Akira gets performer of the year. The girl's got such a dirty mind. She needs to be rewarded for such thoughts and behavior. Dino, she'd do stuff to you during a pat down that would surprise even you.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveinBoston View Post
    I think we should make a new airline...go back to 20 years ago... allow people to walk right on board... no checks.. no scan... nothing... smoke if you want... whatever. Anyone who doesnt want to be body scanned or patted down takes this plane.

I'll fly the one with the body scans thank you!
    Somebody has been watching Glenn Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post

Me too...I would gladly ask for a private pat-down, walk out, and have it done once more.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
    I'm hoping Asa Akira gets performer of the year. The girl's got such a dirty mind. She needs to be rewarded for such thoughts and behavior. Dino, she'd do stuff to you during a pat down that would surprise even you.
    As a fan of Massage Parlors, I sure love the Nuru Massage videos she does.