Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default WHERE did those $10 billion go!?

Yo Billy boy (Clinton that is), i was just watching the news, and i was wondering: after all those wonderful campaigns you orchestrated, where you had the sheeple text in their money to your fabulous foundation in order to help out Haiti after the earthquake, which by the way was almost a year ago now, and your buddy George (Bush that is) telling everybody "i know you want to send in blankets, or water....just send your cash", which would be used to purchase tents and all kinds of necessary supplies etc....why am i seeing sick, dying, cholera suffering herds of Haitians living in tents in the mud? oh sorry, did i say tents? i mean sheets, on a stick.

WHERE ARE YOU NOW I ASK YOU?!!?

fucking pisses me off.

That's why I stopped giving money to all those telethon disaster campaigns. Have you ever wondered how much of the proceeds from the Indonesian tsunami campaign ever reached the victims? I'm sick of hearing about all the money being collected (I pay taxes, for foreign aid among other things, anyway) and most of the money never getting to the actual victims... instead we end up financing some fat cat manager or another ad campaign. F**k them.

Insert funny quote here

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

It's like the homeless person asking for cash. "How about some food or clothes?" Nah, they won't take that. The same concept with these swindlers. I won't give anymore...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

In this modern age of instant gratification, it would appear that too many people expect instant results in everything. Get a grip, whiners. This wasn't a computer glitch. I don't think any of you have a single clue what it takes to dig out from a disaster like the one that hit Haiti. It's been less than a year. They're still clearing the rubble, & will be for a while. The recent hurricane didn't help. It's a fucking mess. They didn't have much for infrastructure to start with, & then suddenly there was nothing at all. A metro area of nearly 2 million people got flattened worse than anything Godzilla could ever dream up. $10 billion is a piss in the pot. There was a lot more than that rolled into New Orleans (comparable population) after Katrina. They're still trying to put it back together. That's here in the US, & most of the buildings & infrastructure was still intact. How long did it take to clear the debris from ground zero? They finally broke ground for reconstruction. Less than a decade. I guess that makes it a record, timewise. It'll be 2013 before reconstruction of the Bay Bridge is complete after the '89 Loma Prieta quake. What, exactly, is it y'all think should be happening that isn't? Suprized that your $10 donation didn't have Port au Prince rebuilt already?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Junior Poster

I'm not talking about reconstructing the area. of course that takes much more time. i'm talking about first taking care of the people. people who are STILL living under RAGS on STICKS a freakin year later. they can almost instantly setup huge fema camps after a domestic disaster like katrina, but they can't arrange at least some tents? and why are whole teams of independant, volunteering doctors being blocked and sent back? i'll tell you why. because they WANT to get rid of as much of those annoying poor Haitians as possible, take over the place, and get started on developing the oil refineries, industrial ports and luxury resorts. oh no wait, that already started...

Last edited by Amsterdamage; 11-11-2010 at 12:24 AM.

First of all: FEMA camps are a myth. There's been talk, & a few set asides on federal lands, but the whole idea is to have somewhere to put disaster refugees ready before it happens. After Katrina, we had airplanes. We shipped refugees all over the country to anywhere that could & would take them in. This is a big country.

They have tents. Mostly just tarps & aluminum poles, in all kinds of configurations, depending on how many people are staying there. Tents don't work well in hurricanes. What they lack is sound structures.

Haiti has a big time logistics problem. The port was destroyed & air travel is still limited. They can't get much done without materials & equipment. So, what's the priority? Food? Shelter? Healthcare? Logistical support? Basic infrastructure? Capital investment? etc...? The reality is that nothing is sustainable unless it all gets done. All those things are interdependent, & you can't do it all in 10 months. 9 really. The first month was tied up dealing directly with survivors & getting rid of the dead bodies.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

What a drama queen. Go stink up your own country, we're full of whiny bitches in this one.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdamage View Post
    Yo Billy boy (Clinton that is), i was just watching the news, and i was wondering: after all those wonderful campaigns you orchestrated, where you had the sheeple text in their money to your fabulous foundation in order to help out Haiti after the earthquake, which by the way was almost a year ago now, and your buddy George (Bush that is) telling everybody "i know you want to send in blankets, or water....just send your cash", which would be used to purchase tents and all kinds of necessary supplies etc....why am i seeing sick, dying, cholera suffering herds of Haitians living in tents in the mud? oh sorry, did i say tents? i mean sheets, on a stick.

WHERE ARE YOU NOW I ASK YOU?!!?

fucking pisses me off.
    Good points here.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Junior Poster

Hippiefried you have some valid points, but the fact is, the money is still in the bank. So wherever they're paying all these ongoing preparations from, it's not from the collected money. The donations went straight into Clinton's foundation and are still in there.
    In addition to that, i think we can agree that Bill&George are not really there to 'help the country', but simply to take over the place for their own benefits, i.e. oil industry and leisure. Just like Obama is doing in India right now. 'We're gonna create tenthousands of jobs for the indian people.' Yeah, little does the public know that these jobs will be in weapon factories for the war between India & Pakistan...

Sorry, little off topic there.
    Anyway don't get me wrong, i don't mean to rant about America as a country, Americans, or Democrats/Republicans/Libertarians/Tea Party'ers for that matter, but against the huge gaps between what's being communicated/implied and what's actually going on.

Sorry, not buyin' it. You're jumping to a lot of conclusions here. Based on what? A gut feeling? Somebody else jumping to conclusions in a blog somewhere or in the media? Where's this idea that everything's sinister coming from?

Of course the lion's share of the money's still in the fund. This is a long term project. If all goes right, there'll still be that much in the fund by the time it's all spent. That's how foundations work. They work the money & grow the fund while the various aspects of the project are on a draw. I figure with a $10 billion startup, they should be shelling out upwards of $30 to $50 billion before they're done. There's all kinds of structural & heavy engineering work to be done, & I would imagine that coordinating it all is an absolute nightmare.

So how would tourism be bad for Haiti? Or petroleum support industries for that matter? Or export manufacturing, or any other kind of industries? They're supposed to live on charity & subsistence farming forever? They haven't been poor & unstable long enough? Why bother to do anything there at all if the standard of living won't rise? We had a chance to help them create a thriving democracy 200 years ago & we balked because the south didn't want to give their own slaves any uppity ideas. We've got another shot at it, with enough money & potential money to do it right. There's no reason to see maliciousness in everything.

~ Kinky Friedman ~