Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Default thoughts on the elections yesterday

what do ya'll think, how will it change things???

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

it won't. do mid-terms ever?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The House will begin a series of nonsense investigations into Obama's citizenship, whether he sold his prior seat on the Senate etc. There will also be a sustained effort to repeal the health-care bill, gut support for college students, turn back progress in opening up avenues for stem cell research, etc. The upper 2% of the wealthy will get their tax break and some minor program with expenditures two or three orders of magnitude less than what will be lost via the tax break will be cut to "balance" the continuing lost revenue. "Don't ask, don't tell" will fall by the way-side and along with it intolerance toward gays, lesbians and transgendered will find more support in Congress.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Oh, things will change. Some things actually got done in the last 2 years. Absolutely nothing is going to get done in the next 2 years.

If DADT doesn't get repealed in the lame duck session, then the courts will have to do it.

If the Bush tax breaks don't get sorted out in the lame duck session, every taxpayer could end up with an increase come January. Best anybody can hope for is a temporary extention of the deadline.

On & on... You need both chambers of Congress to pass a law or repeal a law. So it looks like we're going to have 2 years of the same kind of rancor & finger pointing, with no hope of any kind of result. I'm tempted to give away my TV.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

This idea is coming through me. Some poster was ranting about how business was everything, that government didn't create real jobs. But he said something about talking to "liberals and beggars".

My thing is that, I am for business too, but the botton line for business and profit, or money. It makes no difference to business to hire American workers if foreign ones take much less. Spiritually business or rather people can get greedy to the harm of others. The job of government is to look out for the general good, and this means regulating business for harmful effects, like unhealthy ingredients, and such practices as overcharging for services.

Any I am forming a song. Please excuse some mistakes. Its a basic theme right now. This is basically unedited.

zSHARE - America.mp3

"America Dont Need Greed to Succeed" Yodajazz

It should play automatically, you do not need to download anything.

Veteran Poster

We're one house from viable numbers for a proper impeachment.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    We're one house from viable numbers for a proper impeachment.
    Impeach him over what? I'm not a fan, but he's been mild compared to the shit storm that held office just prior to him.

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Oh, things will change. Some things actually got done in the last 2 years. Absolutely nothing is going to get done in the next 2 years.
    Agreed. Nothing will ever come out of a Democrat government in the US because whenever it looks like something new's actually gonna happen, everyone punishes them by voting Conservative.

Insert funny quote here

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

supposedly some stuff is supposed to hit the fan soon...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Impeach him over what?
    For being too uppity, of course.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.