Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    I like grape mad dog, that counts right?
    Me too!! Let's not forget these "Magnificent Seven":

Cisco red
    MD 20/20
    Night Train Express
    Richard's Wild Irish Rose
    VP Medium
    Buckfast Tonic Wine
    and the creme de la creme.....

THUNDERBIRD!!!

Junior Poster

Default vino

this board never seizes to amaze me..what a wild, eclectic bunch of crazies are here...opinionated, passionatle, smart, freaky, stupid, you name it its here...happy new year....dajuicy

Rookie Poster

Default pinot noir

Try the Mark West 2003 Russian River pinot noir, let me know what you think.

Junior Poster

Default Chilean wines still don't get the respect they deserve...

I lived in Chile for a few years in the mid-90's. The Cabernets and Merlots are outstanding. Still have a nice stock of Concha y Toro, Don Melchor from 95 & 96 -- superb!!

Other good Chilean wines are Errazuriz, Cousino-Macul, Caliterra, Santa Rita, Tres Medallas (not sure if that's still around).

Also keep in mind that in addition to their high quality wines, most Chilean wineries also produce "export only" versions as well which tend to be marginal.

PS - Sideways was hilarious!

Rookie Poster

here's a good one from australia--Tait--The Ballbuster 2003 I'm not kidding

Junior Poster

Default Re: Chilean wines still don't get the respect they deserve..

Quote Originally Posted by LAtoNY
    I lived in Chile for a few years in the mid-90's. The Cabernets and Merlots are outstanding. Still have a nice stock of Concha y Toro, Don Melchor from 95 & 96 -- superb!!

Other good Chilean wines are Errazuriz, Cousino-Macul, Caliterra, Santa Rita, Tres Medallas (not sure if that's still around).

Also keep in mind that in addition to their high quality wines, most Chilean wineries also produce "export only" versions as well which tend to be marginal.

PS - Sideways was hilarious!
    LAtoNY any picks on the Chilean PN front?????

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take your breath away

5 Star Poster

Default Re: Pinot Noir???????

Quote Originally Posted by Thick_Bar
    Who are the wine freaks on this board, and what do you recommend? Currently I'm digging the Louis Jadot 2001 Pinot.....
    I have a hookup on the best wine country 2003 Pinot out there. Having just spent the past several days there... Yummy.

Professional Poster

Damn PD...you know your shit....A veritable smorgasboard of bathtub spirits!!!

Thunderbird'll put hair on your chest!! Or is that rot your insides? I always forget how that one goes....ah well, ill console myself with a bottle of Everclear and going blind.