Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Exclamation white person is more likely to shot up a school,kill his whole family, serial killer

TIM WISE
    talks about white violence because of the coping factor
    http://stuffwhitepeopledo.blogspot.com/2008/10/suffer-from-privilege-induced-lack-of.html

Has Black Friday arrived in America? If so, are you prepared?

Actually, if you're a "white" American, there's a good chance that you're less prepared than other Americans. Emotionally that, is. And mentally. Maybe even physically.

As is so often the case, Tim Wise has explained well this common symptom of learning to be white:

Racism and white privilege/supremacy generates a mindset of entitlement among those in the dominant group. This entitlement mentality can prove dangerous, whenever the expectations of a member of the group are frustrated. Principally this is because such persons develop very weak coping skills as a result of never having to overcome the obstacles that oppressed folks deal with every day and MUST conquer in order to survive.

So, as a result, it is the privileged (the beneficiaries of racism, and also, it should be pointed out, the class system) who are ill-prepared for setback: the loss of a job, stocks taking a nose-dive (who were the folks jumping out the windows in the great depression–not poor folks and folks of color, but rich whites who couldn’t handle being broke!) Likewise, if you look at the various personal pathologies that tend to be disproportionate in the white community (and upper middle class for that matter), they are interesting in that they all are about control–controlling one’s anxiety, emotional pain, or controlling and dominating others–like suicide, substance abuse, eating disorders, self-injury/mutilation, serial killing and mass murder (as opposed to just regular one-on-one homicide), sexual sadism killings, etc.

Not knowing how the world works is dangerous. White privilege and racism allow the dominant group to live in a bubble of unreality. Most days that’s no big deal I suppose. But every now and then reality intrudes on you and if you haven’t been expecting it, the trauma is magnified. So, when 9/11 happened, millions of whites were running around saying “why do they hate us?” because whites have never had to see our nation the way others do–we’ve been able to live in la-la land.

But folks of color didn’t say this, because those without privilege HAVE to know what others think about them. Not to do so is to be in perpetual danger. So whites flipped out, and by virtue of being unprepared, pushed for a policy response (war) that folks of color were HIGHLY skeptical of from the beginning. But whites, enthralled by our sense of righteousness (itself a manifestation of privilege), pushed forward, convinced that the war in Iraq would go swimmingly. How’s that working out?
    In other words, racism and privilege generate mentalities and policies that are dysfunctional, even deadly for whites as with folks of color. Folks of color are the first victims, to be sure, and the worst. But as someone else said, what goes around. . .
    Privilege creates a false sense of security. Being the dominant group can set you up for a fall, can prevent you from building up the coping skills needed to deal with setback, because so often those skills are ones you just don't need.
    Until you do, that is.

[This quotation is adapted from two sources: a comment Tim Wise wrote at Resist Racism, and one of his books, White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son. Lyrics for Steely Dan's song "Black Friday"]

This is a clip from The Pathology of Privilege: Racism, White Denial & the Costs of Inequality, the newly released video from the Media Education Foundation. The video is of a speech given by Tim Wise at Mt. Holyoke College, October 1, 2007.

The Pathology of Privilege: Racism, White Denial & the Costs of Inequality

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wise-creation-whiteness-clip

more complete video but has relatedlinks/urls and related to more of his speakings/lectures

Tim Wise-institutional racism, labor, prison education

affirmative action /school bias white people have affimative action to

“Colorblindness,” “Illuminated Individualism,” Poor Whites, and Mad Men: The Tim Wise Interview, Part 1

http://www.racialicious.com/2010/09/09/%E2%80%9Ccolorblindness%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%9Cilluminated-individualism%E2%80%9D-poor-whites-and-mad-men-the-tim-wise-interview-part-1/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitepriv.jpg 
Views:	1283 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	350239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	591717-32med.jpg 
Views:	1305 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	350240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white-privilege.jpg 
Views:	1300 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	350241  

Last edited by natina; 10-23-2010 at 11:25 AM.

whats the point of this thread?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly View Post
    whats the point of this thread?
    lol yea really

Lightbulb READ & YOU WILL UNDERSTAND: its about white privilege

coping skills

there are so many threads here about not dating black men and black men are this and that and black ts are ugly ans so on ....
    yada yada yada........

so this is to temper

Last edited by natina; 10-23-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

When we go bad we go really bad!

Oh so you are just being racist against white people then...

you racist

Senior Member Junior Poster

why even make it about race...?!

Smile I am glad we have some dialogue

I am white

THE TOPIC IS ABOUT WHITE PRIVILEGE and what happens to white people as a result of receiving white privilege

Last edited by natina; 10-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    I am white

THE TOPIC IS ABOUT WHITE PRIVILEGE and what happens to white people as a result of receiving white privilege
    ill be so happy when the day comes when we put all the racist crap to bed its really annoying me.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

There are some amusing pic in here.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!