Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richctdude View Post
    I haev 30 days of food on hand and the means to protect it
    I think i could make it thru about 6 days at the moment (including water)

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Well,...since you've already prepared me for cannibalism...I'm ready.
    Would that be a leg or a breast, sir?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis1779 View Post
    If you want to read a really good book similar to this situation, check out One Second After by William R. Forstchen.
    I've read it, and I think the purpose of the article was to make it feel more real. People just don't get how civilization can be destroyed in a blip, without the faintest notice. We live on a house of cards, in a way no one understands...

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    I think i could make it thru about 6 days at the moment (including water)

Would that be a leg or a breast, sir?
    Breast...and I'd probably go after the lawyers first...lol.

Rookie Poster

Default Let's be more real...

Excuse me, but in my country englishmans are usually called the nation of five (daily) meals, so they will last only two days,
    Oh well, good for us:we will eat them first.

Out of cheap jokes, it is an unrealistic situation: there are strategical reserves, both of foods than, above all in the given case, of petrol derivates.
    Obviously, they will not be sent to gas pumps or supermarkets for anyone to waste, army (in Usa case national guards, in ours Carabinieri), and police forces will distribute them following a pre-ordered rationament plan.
    People living in cities under siege (between them some my croatian relatives just few years ago) had survived several months in that way.
    So instead of nine meals to Anarchy let's call it nine meals to (temporary) fascism and we will be more exact...

Last edited by marcellogo; 10-24-2010 at 02:03 AM.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Well,...since you've already prepared me for cannibalism...I'm ready.
    Beat me to it. lol

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunairco View Post
    Went longer then that after hurricane Andrew around here without any breakdown of civil order near two months. I don't know how it is over there on the other side of the pond, but over here you get lead poisoning if you start helping yourself to anyone's stash.
    Yea after Andrew we were actually quite fine, granted I was in Liberty City area and not Homestead...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border View Post

Originally Posted by sunairco Went longer then that after hurricane Andrew around here without any breakdown of civil order near two months. I don't know how it is over there on the other side of the pond, but over here you get lead poisoning if you start helping yourself to anyone's stash.

Yea after Andrew we were actually quite fine, granted I was in Liberty City area and not Homestead...

So, you were both prepared for that, you had stockpiles ready?

Breast...and I'd probably go after the lawyers first...lol.
    In that case sir, may i recommend the Fin!

Quote Originally Posted by marcellogo View Post
    Excuse me, but in my country englishmans are usually called the nation of five (daily) meals,
    Is that you, Billy Fish?

Quote Originally Posted by marcellogo View Post
    Obviously, they will not be sent to gas pumps or supermarkets for anyone to waste, army (in Usa case national guards, in ours Carabinieri), and police forces will distribute them following a pre-ordered rationament plan.
    Yes, of course, assuming that infrastructure was still in place, but if it wasn't...
    Looking at your present supplies, how long could you last with what you have stockpiled?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    The Lord will save us! Praise the Lord!

~BB~
    good one there

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border View Post
    You're right,it wasn't that bad up there in the northern end, but you guys went through in some ways so much worse twelve years earlier. After what we went through down here, you couldn't help feeling the desperation of the folks in NOLA. You didn't want to take from your neighbor as much as you want to rip the shit out of the bastards that are protectively quarantining you keeping you from seeking food,gas,or help and absolutely doing nothing to help you while making sure the folks in the well off areas get first priority in restorative services. The rich bastards in the Grove,Gables, and other affluent areas South got taken care of first and all the media concentrated on them while we had to wait nearly a month b4 they even bothered to start clearing the streets so the itinerent crews could get in and we could move around with our vehicles. If anything it got us tighter with our neighbors collectively sharing what we had b4 it rotted in our fridges and helping each other through the mess. Nine meals my ass.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunairco View Post
    You're right,it wasn't that bad up there in the northern end, but you guys went through in some ways so much worse twelve years earlier. After what we went through down here, you couldn't help feeling the desperation of the folks in NOLA. You didn't want to take from your neighbor as much as you want to rip the shit out of the bastards that are protectively quarantining you keeping you from seeking food,gas,or help and absolutely doing nothing to help you while making sure the folks in the well off areas get first priority in restorative services. The rich bastards in the Grove,Gables, and other affluent areas South got taken care of first and all the media concentrated on them while we had to wait nearly a month b4 they even bothered to start clearing the streets so the itinerent crews could get in and we could move around with our vehicles. If anything it got us tighter with our neighbors collectively sharing what we had b4 it rotted in our fridges and helping each other through the mess. Nine meals my ass.
    I remember it well, it was horrible what happened down there, I had to go down those ways not too long after and it looked like a bomb hit. The other neighborhoods where rich ppl lived, not too bad, but there dammit. We did do a lot of gtrilling and sharing of food. We were out of power for about 2 weeks. We did have enough water and canned food though...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...