Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LET IT SNOW!

Platinum Poster

Default LET IT SNOW!

LET IT SNOW! No pun intended towards any of you jaded party monsters out there...anyone else watchin' the snow falling this Thanksgiving Eve?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

I'm not too thrilled about it. We have to drive through the Berkshires and down the Hudson to the Catskills...could be messy.

Down Philly/Baltimore way it is cold, but not yet snowing. There were very light flurries earlier, but nothing scary yet.

I madesure the stray cat is on the porch, moved my car, and alerted the Mexicans (Who have plows on their trucks), so I am ready for the worst.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

WooHoo!!! i'm off to germany and the uk for xmas/new years for the first time in 10 years (at least, if not more), currently live in New Zealand but born in germany, lived in uk for 5 years as well

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

I hate snow...................................rear wheel drive

nuff said

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    I hate snow...................................rear wheel drive

nuff said
    I have AWD now (In addition to my ADD...Look! A squirrel!), but it is of little help when the car is six feet deep in a drift or the county DOT sadists have buried it for a laugh.

It also doesn't seem to help much at STOP signs. You get that nice momentum up and just as you're thinkin' "Look, Ma! This car gets through anything!" along comes the dreaded octagon and things get =real= quiet as you slide right across the intersecting road, giving yourself whiplash as you swing your head back and forth, looking to see what's going to T-Bone ya.

But it is helpful on the wimpy little hills where just a tiny bit of slush can hang up even the best good-ol-boys and their pickemup twucks.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

NYC during a good snow storm ranks among my very favorite things. I remember the very last storm from last winter, playing chess with my neighbor while listening to Billy Holiday and getting sauced. A fond memory.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Junior Poster

no...i hate the snow...hate the cold...hopefully movin to florida soon...i need a nice warn n sunny christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by seanj
    no...i hate the snow...hate the cold...hopefully movin to florida soon...i need a nice warn n sunny christmas.
    When it comes to dealing with heat, you're a better man than I am. Even with AC, I don't know how people who live in Florida and the surrounding states get through the summer. I actually bought a vacation house down in Georgia this summer. Damn is it hot. My wife says she wouldn't mind retiring there instead of Europe. If we did, I would probably die of a heart attack within a weak. Here's a pic from the back porch of a place that I doubt I shall see much of:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscf0070_469.jpg 
Views:	3051 
Size:	854.1 KB 
ID:	34428  

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.