Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default if they let Gays into the Military will they let Trans gender?

That would be cool seeing a tall 6 foot Tgirl in Military uniform

No one fights better when armed with an M16 in the one hand ...

....and a high-heeled shoe in the other..

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Australia - Defence drops ban on transgender soldiers

Chief of the Defence Force Angus Houston issued an instruction Monday revoking the policy that effectively banned transgender service members. The ADF is believed to be the last government agency that specifically fired employees for transitioning gender.

The individual whose recent gender transition lead to the reform work was not available for public comment, but the referral service that assists gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender service members, DEFGLIS, was aware that commanders had been anything but understanding.

While the ADF works on a new policy to address those problems, slated for December, Air Chief Marshall Houston called on commanders to show more understanding. Monday’s signal instructed commanders to “manage ADF transgender personnel with fairness, respect and dignity … and existing medical review provisions; and ensure all personnel are not subjects to unacceptable behavior”.

It comes 18 years after the ADF repealed the ban on gay and lesbian service members, and two years after it started recognising same-sex relationships for family entitlements. Yet Australia still trails Canada, Israel, Czech Republic, Spain and Thailand, which not only allow transgender soldiers to serve but also support them through diversity programs

Rookie Poster

Default Gays are in the Military

For you guys that believe that by lifting the dont ask policy or leaving it as is will change anything, you are mistaking. You must know that we have standards in the military that will not allow any type of make up or long hair in any military uniform by a guy. A woman can wear her hair short but a guy cant wear his hair long so regardless if it is lifted, it will not change guys from serving or prevent them from serving.

Veteran Poster

Well since everyone on this site knows that transwomen are gay men, the question is redundant.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    Well since everyone on this site knows that transwomen are gay men, the question is redundant.
    Wha?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ddubose35 View Post
    For you guys that believe that by lifting the dont ask policy or leaving it as is will change anything, you are mistaking. You must know that we have standards in the military that will not allow any type of make up or long hair in any military uniform by a guy. A woman can wear her hair short but a guy cant wear his hair long so regardless if it is lifted, it will not change guys from serving or prevent them from serving.
    The standards will have to change...hehe

Professional Poster

One step at a time, people. one step at a time...

Oh why the hell not? If you're going to mix it up, mix it up. I can just see Fred Phelps holding his breath till he turns blue.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

First Lady Junior Poster Mz.Brownsugah's Avatar

I was discharged under D.A.D.T, I wouldn't mind re-enlisting if I could serve as a trans woman and retain my commission. Unfortunately the military does not recognize G.I.D as a legitimate disorder and requires soldiers to follow the dress and grooming standards for their birth gender. So looks like thats not happening anytime soon.