Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

It's similar to women who have breast reduction surgery and the nipple is removed and reattached.
    Most patients experience a significant decrease in nipple sensitivity, if any remains at all.

For someone to assume that a plastic surgeon can easily 'make' a vagina with a few sutures and an inversion of genital skin is putting a whole helluva lot of godlike faith into the hands of a plastic surgeon.

BTW, I don't think my SRS stats are really that random.

Last edited by giovanni_hotel; 10-17-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    For someone to assume that a plastic surgeon can easily 'make' a vagina with a few sutures and an inversion of genital skin is putting a whole helluva lot of godlike faith into the hands of a plastic surgeon.
    i was just giving a brief over view of the matter, as PomonaCA appears to not have alot of knowledge on the matter, if i knew it was going to be like this i would of noted that the results vary on surgeons techniques and skills, the patients skin elasticity and healing ability, pervious surgerys in the area, then you have infections, blood loss, nerve damage, and also aesthetic related problems.

meh next time i wont bother trying to be nice

I didn't mean for it to come across like that, Kiwiguy!!lol

I'm fascinated by the whole process, actually, of becoming postop. IMO it's one of the most difficult medical procedures in reconstructive surgery.

I do think at some point, SRS will be nearly perfected, but I don't know if it's there at present.

The biggest problem is that the human body treats the new vagina as a wound, any current technique of vaginoplasty requires some long-term maintenance of volume, by the patient, using medical graduated dilators, dildos etc to keep the vagina open.

note that sexual intercourse is not always an adequate method of performing dilation.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiguy69 View Post
    as PomonaCA appears to not have alot of knowledge on the matter

Why you gotta bring a niggas name out into da gutta?

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    no offence on that, it was just you ask about it is all

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    Jesus Christ.

Rookie Poster

Default Honestly...

Firstly, sex isn't all about penetration and orgasm, theres a whole rainbow of gentle loving techniques that are highly pleasurable for both partners surely, so, a woman who struggles to have an orgasm that way can have pleasure another way. Anal sex perhaps, or even just a loving cuddle!

But anyhow, women vary ... I mean, I have a GG woman friend who simply has repeated, uncontrollable orgasms the moment I am inside her, and yet another GG I went out with for a while simply never had an orgasm. (But she still enjoyed sex, and had a great appetite for lovemaking)

So, for me the question is more like "Do women vary in there ability to orgasm" to which the answer is, yes. This distinction between genetic girls and post-op girls really has no place in the discussion!

Well... As someone who's never had any kind of reconstructive surgery, & never had sex with a woman who was once a genetic man (to my knowlege), I feel as uniquely qualified to comment on this subject as anyone else who's posted in this thread so far. So here goes.

In relation to the topic question: I think that anyone who still possesses the intact penis they were born with is probably just guessin' about any of this. Dollars to donuts says there's no reliable stats on post-op orgasm in the first place. Orgasm is personal, & affected by all kinds of stuff, from external chemicals to attitude & mood. I'm thinking that even somebody who's been through the procedure wouldn't be able to speak accurately for anyone else who's done it. So the answer has to be yes, no, & maybe. All at once.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

I was basing my opinion on the medical studies/abstracts on MTF postop transwomen and their sexual function following the procedure, many of which have been posted on HA in other threads, not just going off the lightbulb that popped up over my head(!!).

The statistics overall are less than overwhelming, but of course it varies from person to person.
    My chauvinistic male opinion, inappropriately speaking for all postops, is that some can climax after SRS, but the majority never really have normal sexual functioning ever again.

I guess there's something you could call achieving a 'new normal', but that's a different subject.