Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

I'm a huge WH40K geek. Love the novels, already ordered the movie. Been playing since Rogue Trader. Still have it sitting on my book shelf!For Games, Fire Warrior was decent. I loved Chaos Gate, but it was too buggy. Dawn of War is great, I'm really looking forward to the new Space Marine 3rd person shooter. it looks intense.

I cant imagine Liberty with a Pauldron tattoo. She already is amazing, that would just send her over the top!

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

haha, i do have a very dark desire for alot of tattoos ...my issue is i get bored with things quickly ... now if i could have all the designs put on me for say a month or so and if i liked them then get them perma

yeah warhammer 40k is mint ...i have just submitted a synopsis to blacklibrary .. so hopefully they will like it and let me write 10,000word short story for there new chaos marines series ...fingers crossed ...

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Rookie Poster

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I have a lot of tattoos myself. I think the key is not looking for something that you think will be relevant forever, but finding something that is important to you now. Then it will always be a reminder of that time in your life.

I've got a couple dorky tattoos and a couple really bad ones from my punk rock days. I have no desire to change them because they remind me of those days...

Junior Poster

First off, I was really happy when I found out that there were making Ultramarines. I've been following production and the crazy thing is that the Exile Films (now defunct) production of Bloodquest that was never completed looked better than this. Blur and Epic studios also made better looking opening cinematics for the two Dawn of War games that, literally, shame this effort. GW is so damn protective of their IP and yet so miserly that they won't let anyone take it and run with it... you could do some seriously cool stuff with mega bucks and John Hurt and Terrance Stamp are not going to be able to save this lackluster CGI.

As for bolters, they are a little more than just machine guns with high calibers. They are .75 mass-reactive, self-propelled rockets... <=== Rogue Trader player here...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shit... what a ride!"
    -Anon-

Rookie Poster

I have a feeling that this movie has just been an excercise for them. Let's see what it takes to make a movie, and see what we are in store for. I agree that the cg is dated, but being a fan of Black Library stuff, I'm confident it will have a great story. I still love the Starship Troopers CG show. The animation was similiar to this, yet it still has an engrossing story.
    Overall I'm happy that they are so protective of their ip. No lackluster b grade movies that destroy the cannon or spirit of the universe. Sure, this movie is gonna be dated, but you know it will stay true.
    Also, I can see them not wanting to take a huge risk with a hundred million dollar movie. To be honest, the only people who are going to watch this movie are into it already. That's not nearly enough people to turn a profit on a big budget movie.

So, I'm happy they are starting small and will grow as they can. I'm confident they can do it. Look at their books. Started with a couple small collections of short stories from the game, and now are a scifi juggernaut. Not just gamer geeks are into those books now...

yeah i think it will be cool,, shame its not set in the horus heresy era though ,, but still better they cut their teeth in present 40k rather than fuck up the heresy tales..

Liberty Harkness
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

iron within iron without!

I am all for Horus Baby !!!

Though i do really like the Thousand Sons .....and I love the Mechnium .. Tech Priests ftw

My favourite character outside of Horus/Emperor is probably Commisar Yarrick and Abbadon the Despoiler ..

Liberty Harkness
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Abaddon!!

I love the Horus HEresy series.

The Thousand Sons Book was awesome, learned alot about that legion.

pr0sper0 burns is the 0ther b00k t0 it .. but telling the st0ry fr0m the 0ther side

Liberty Harkness
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam