Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Religion is basically a philosophy for the masses.Islam is a bad philosophy i prefer fascism it works better than democracy and things get done .Any religion is a tool the state should use to control the masses

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    Religion is basically a philosophy for the masses.Islam is a bad philosophy i prefer fascism it works better than democracy and things get done .Any religion is a tool the state should use to control the masses
    Why am I not surprized?

Franco, Mussolini, or Hitler?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

5 Star Poster

Franco or Mussolini i love wearing those black or brown shirts and looking after communists and liberals in our own special way in our special fascist holiday camps

live with honour

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    No asshole. Try reading for comprehension. You're the only one claiming to be a worshiper.

And I'm the one calling you a worshipper, which you are. You just don't know what you worship.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

And I'm the one calling you a worshipper, which you are. You just don't know what you worship.
    For the word, “worship” Merriam-Webster lists two meaniings

1. to honor or reverence as a divine being or supernatural power.
    2. to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion <a celebrity worshipped by her fans>

http://dictionary.merriam-webster.co...ry/worshippers

Of course meaning (1) is anathema to the project of developing quantitative parallel and provisional understandings of natural phenomena and subjecting them to exacting tests until they break. Anyone who worships science in the sense of meaning (1) just doesn’t understand the enterprise. Anyone who thinks a scientist worships science in the sense of meaning (1) doesn’t understand the enterprise.

On the other hand, most people who find themselves pursuing one profession or another will no doubt display some respect for what they do, the job they perform, the project in which they are involved. I confess to have a modest respect for practices of mathematicians and scientists and for the public benefits of their achievements. I have even attended a conference or two that were held in honor of a senior colleague’s work. But I do not think these examples of respect rise to the level of great and/or extravagant. I can definitely say I hold no colleague in reverence, no theory in reverence, no technique or experimental result in reverence. All of the above (except for the colleagues of course) are fair game for the chopping block. If you do not believe I have given a reasonably accurate description of my own thinking on this matter, then the burden is on you to prove that you know my mind better than do I.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

My oh my... The challenge has been laid.

Trish,

You should never underestimate the power of claire voyance that comes with being that obtuse. Of course he knows what you think better than you do. Just ask him. That is, after all, the chief talking point that's memorized by the mesmerized.

There's no possible point to be made here. You can't argue with the irrational, & humoring them just exacerbates the crazy. You might as well be baying at the moon or shouting at a stump. They make a good object of derision, but other than that, they're just boring. That was always the problem with Alinsky's tactics (that the teabaggers, Limbites, followers of Rove, Armey, & bug eyed Becky have adopted) & why they always backfire.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    My oh my... The challenge has been laid.

Trish,

You should never underestimate the power of claire voyance that comes with being that obtuse. Of course he knows what you think better than you do. Just ask him. That is, after all, the chief talking point that's memorized by the mesmerized.

There's no possible point to be made here. You can't argue with the irrational, & humoring them just exacerbates the crazy. You might as well be baying at the moon or shouting at a stump. They make a good object of derision, but other than that, they're just boring. That was always the problem with Alinsky's tactics (that the teabaggers, Limbites, followers of Rove, Armey, & bug eyed Becky have adopted) & why they always backfire.

Just give her time to talk. It's obvious she has the disease of liberalism. You'll see her cite some study or quote in order to justify her opinion. The problem is that the no matter how peer reviewed, the studies are only scientific opinion, nothing more because sciences KNOWS little yet you guys worship it.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    Just give her time to talk. It's obvious she has the disease of liberalism. You'll see her cite some study or quote in order to justify her opinion. The problem is that the no matter how peer reviewed, the studies are only scientific opinion, nothing more because sciences KNOWS little yet you guys worship it.
    As many times as I see this, it's still mind-boggling. Here's a person with full access to the vast breadth of human knowledge, who has no conception of how fortunate he is to live in a time and a place where where he has that access, and he still insists on being ignorant. Not only that, he stands up in a public forum proudly declaring that ignorance is strength, war is peace, freedom is slavery...

You're right, hippifried. It's pointless...

Junior Poster

They will just use their usual god created them talking point. Kind of luck when I ask the nutty religious people in my family about the Trex, they say god put him here to mess with the Scientist, just nutty I tell yeah, just nutty.

"Do as you will, you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    LOL! As if I could ever discourage her from doing whatever she wants, or would even give the slightest consideration to trying. I think you've miscalculated & really don't know who you're messin' with. It'd be perfectly understandable if she decided to just ignore your silly pointlessness, but if she decides to allow you to piss her off, I'll get some popcorn & sit back while you get eviscerated. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to even realize it's happening. More likely scenario is that she would feel pity for your stupidity & try (for some unfathomable reason) to reason with you. Until you piss her off of course. Either way, it's entertainment to me. Far be it from me to intervene.

~ Kinky Friedman ~