Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Can a TGirl be too passable?

Quote Originally Posted by ska
    I have really good insight into this because I've been an attractive looking TS, and a passable looking TS. I had surgery in 2000 which made me the Vicki Richter you've seen on shemale sites and most movies. I was an attractive shemale, but I don't feel I was truly passable. My nose was still too big, and I had some other features in my jaw/chin area that I wasn't happy with. Last November, I invested another $30k in surgeries and now I really never get clocked and then way society treats me is amazing. For girls thinking about surgery, I say do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Being a little under 5'7" and having a feminine voice helps also.

To highlight changes, which are/were subtle, but each dramatic in their own way...

I would have to disagree here with you on this Vicki. I know my oppinion probably means ziltch about this but still I felt the need to share my thoughts. I don't personally really consider you a passable tranny. Thats not to say you aren't attractive because you are. You are very sexy looking but passable? Not really. You have come a long way through your various surgeries but I don't think you would be considered a real girl in appearance by many. I really hope this doesn't come off mean or anything because I really don't mean it to be that way. Like I said you are certainly attractive and I'm sure you are treated very nicely by many people because of this but I doubt it's because they are seeing you as a real (attractive ) GG.

Like another person said in another thread beauty and being passible is in the eye of the beholder so maybe some do consider you passable. But as a whole I don't see you as one of the more passable girls. But regardless you are sexy and you should take delight in that [/quote]

I couldn't disagree with you more. Vicki is very passable, and I believe her when she writes that she isn't clocked. I wonder if we are looking at the same photograph, because when I see a photograph of Vicki, I see a very beautiful woman.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

I don't understand why some people think that they are authorities on transexual women. Writing that Vicki is not passable is laughable. She is passable, and so are some of the other women who post on this forum. I will acknowledge that each person has a preference, and some people prefer barely clockable women and others prefer more masculine women, while others prefer someone in the middle. I understand that this is a subjective topic, but its subjectivism doesn't mean that reason should be tossed aside. Also what was written to Vicki is rude. This is a woman who has spent a considerable sum of money to acheive the look she has, and I think it is insulting to tell her sorry almost, but not quite,and to add insult to injury, it was written in a condesending tone.

Rookie Poster

Well I don't claim to be a professional autority on the science of passable or non passable tg-girls.

I also meant no dis-respect what-so-ever, I think I came off rather nice about it all. Vicki seems to be one to indulge in debate and I felt she could handle my thoughts.

I will also concede I have not seen any new vids of her since her latest surgeries. I have seen many video's of her though and some aren't that old. The Joey Silvera's ones especially. The latest pictures I saw posted (here) I think with her new enhanced boobs are really new right? Well I made my judgement from looking at those since I figured they were pretty recent. Vicki is Damn sexy in my oppinion. I am not standing in judgement of her at all. I just don't see her as passable. Sexy, cute, hot, pretty, Yes to all of these, but not a passable girl.

Maybe it's like someone else said in another thread where I have my tgirl radar on or something but I feel I would recognize her as a t-girl even if I didn't know so much about t-girls. I also said i know my oppinion will probably mean ziltch, it's just an oppinion.

I can't argue what she says happens in everyday life to her. Maybe she does meet alot of guys who don't know. I admit to finding that hard to believe a little. Not that she gets hit on by people she thinks don't know, but that they actually don't know. Maybe the guys don't care or are secret admirers of t-girls and want to pretend they aren't in the know. I am sure some guys wouldn't know too. I mean all guys don't have a radar for this stuff . But anyway, it doesn't really matter. I mean if she feels good and likes her life then thats all thats really important. I meant no disrespect and like I said a couple times already Vicki is damn attractive.

Maybe my standards are really high or something. To me passable and sexy are different things.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

I guess this is one of those questions like- can anyone be too rich, or too this or too that of things that are generally considered positive.

I think it is quite silly to simply rely on the compliments of people- or what fans have to say about you to fortify what you look like ot not. Everyone is going to have a different opinion and reaction to you- and that is it. If I were to believe or let go to my head the emails and fan mail I get daily with compliments such as "You are the most beautiful woman in the world"- "You are the most beautiful transsexual ever"- "You are so....."-to make a long story short- those compliments are great yes, and I am appreciative of EVERY single compliment I recieve. I do not really think or agree with any of them- and if I did, I would certainly be one dellusional tranny walking around with an over bloated ego O(I figured there are many of those around anyway). HOWEVER, the true test of my personal appearance- does not come from flattery or my work in the adult business. It comes from when I look in the mirror , or leave my apt., or go into any social setting.

DO I personally think I am passable? To be honest, I don't think about that. I live my life with confidence, and when I go out on the street I get a lot of attention from men. I go anywhere and really don't have any problems. Of course people look at me- its hard not to notice me.
    But from years of experience I can tell when someone is looking at me in a 'positive' way- or a 'negative' way. Again, this does not bother me.

Some people are going to think various things about- have you seen me on any of those Maury shows? You get a variety of reactions and what people percieve. By no means is that a slice of reality- but I live and function as I would in any way and do not let my transsexuality or over the top look prevent me from doing anything I would not want to do.

I don't sit around worrying about what other people think of me because maybe I am too busy thinking about what I think of me- which is far more important.

I have had boyfriends- been on dates- travelled all over- and have done so with personal confidence.

I live in a city where people KNOW transsexuals much easier than in other places. Nothing gets by many New Yorkers- but guess what most people just don't care.

I was on vacation together with my mon in the Dominican Republic las year and we were going out to this night clubs in these resorts and I kept on meeting guys and dancing with them and such- and then I had to realize- wait I am sure this is the last thing this person is thinking that he is gonna be dancing with a tranny here.

To sum it up- I don't go out to bars and pick up guys or try to fool them- or send them pics on the net saying I am a woman. I could do that very easily and if I had a sex change - would probably get away with it to the full extent. But that is not my m.o ot how I value my self worth or my "passibility".

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    I guess this is one of those questions like- can anyone be too rich, or too this or too that of things that are generally considered positive.

I think it is quite silly to simply rely on the compliments of people- or what fans have to say about you to fortify what you look like ot not. Everyone is going to have a different opinion and reaction to you- and that is it. If I were to believe or let go to my head the emails and fan mail I get daily with compliments such as "You are the most beautiful woman in the world"- "You are the most beautiful transsexual ever"- "You are so....."-to make a long story short- those compliments are great yes, and I am appreciative of EVERY single compliment I recieve. I do not really think or agree with any of them- and if I did, I would certainly be one dellusional tranny walking around with an over bloated ego O(I figured there are many of those around anyway). HOWEVER, the true test of my personal appearance- does not come from flattery or my work in the adult business. It comes from when I look in the mirror , or leave my apt., or go into any social setting.

DO I personally think I am passable? To be honest, I don't think about that. I live my life with confidence, and when I go out on the street I get a lot of attention from men. I go anywhere and really don't have any problems. Of course people look at me- its hard not to notice me.
    But from years of experience I can tell when someone is looking at me in a 'positive' way- or a 'negative' way. Again, this does not bother me.

Some people are going to think various things about- have you seen me on any of those Maury shows? You get a variety of reactions and what people percieve. By no means is that a slice of reality- but I live and function as I would in any way and do not let my transsexuality or over the top look prevent me from doing anything I would not want to do.

I don't sit around worrying about what other people think of me because maybe I am too busy thinking about what I think of me- which is far more important.

I have had boyfriends- been on dates- travelled all over- and have done so with personal confidence.

I live in a city where people KNOW transsexuals much easier than in other places. Nothing gets by many New Yorkers- but guess what most people just don't care.

I was on vacation together with my mon in the Dominican Republic las year and we were going out to this night clubs in these resorts and I kept on meeting guys and dancing with them and such- and then I had to realize- wait I am sure this is the last thing this person is thinking that he is gonna be dancing with a tranny here.

To sum it up- I don't go out to bars and pick up guys or try to fool them- or send them pics on the net saying I am a woman. I could do that very easily and if I had a sex change - would probably get away with it to the full extent. But that is not my m.o ot how I value my self worth or my "passibility".
    I have seen Maury sometimes and i get the feeling that he makes a mockery of transsexuals. He makes money by it. At least that is how i feel.

5 Star Poster

I've only made one released video since my last surgeries. So I am pretty confident we're on the same page ska. I will say this though... even if the guy has a transsexual fetish, he would never out himself in front of his straight male and female friends for that fetish by hitting on a "clockable" TS publicly... unless he is very comfortable and openly bi (not common). A TS girl wouldn't see this behavior from men again and again... when their friends are present.

An example, when I was getting my breasts redone, I went to the doctor for my initial consultation without mentioning I was TS. Everything was going fine, I had been meeting with his office staff, filling out some questionaires verbally, etc. Well the doctor came in and we met for about 10 minutes consulting going over things, and he starts going over my list of medications (which includes my hormones), and he stops.... pauses... and says... ummm... are you a... At this point (easily 30 minutes into the whole thing between me meeting with the office staff and him) he starts getting really flustered and uncomfortable. He tells me there is another doctor in town who focusses on TS and informed me that he probably wouldn't have recommended I see him had he known. We talk through it, I explained I really liked his work, named several other doctors I'd worked with (some he knew and respected) and he finally agrees to doing my surgery. Later the main office worker (female) who was in the room with us apologized saying, "I'm sorry you got that reaction from him, none of us had any idea and you took us off guard."

I mean this is just a small example of hundreds. You are welcome to say that I am lying about it as you suggest, but this is a case where, "it is what it is". I'm the one living my life. Again, having been on both sides of the equation, I am a realist. Girls know when they get clocked... Most, if not all, of us are hypersensitive to the fact. I'm not saying I am flawless by any extent, just that I'm very under the radar overall and do well in that capacity.

Ms A had some very good points as well.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Baran

I have seen Maury sometimes and i get the feeling that he makes a mockery of transsexuals. He makes money by it. At least that is how i feel.
    I don't . I think it's just funny seeing the people in the audience saying "That's a MAN/WOMAN!" , especially the fat black chicks, they always crack me up.

But anyhow, I don't see how being too passable can be bad.......sorta like the old saying, you can't be too thino ro too rich. Somewhere among those lines.

And Allanah, you do fit the description of being totally passable.......and I dig the new picture with pink.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Junior Poster

I think it is quite silly to simply rely on the compliments of people- or what fans have to say about you to fortify what you look like ot not. Everyone is going to have a different opinion and reaction to you- and that is it. If I were to believe or let go to my head the emails and fan mail I get daily with compliments such as "You are the most beautiful woman in the world"- "You are the most beautiful transsexual ever"- "You are so....."-).
    This sound like an email I sent you. You mean other feel the same way? lol
    HOWEVER, the true test of my personal appearance- does not come from flattery or my work in the adult business. It comes from when I look in the mirror , or leave my apt., or go into any social setting.

Of course people look at me- its hard not to notice me.

I But that is not my m.o ot how I value my self worth or my "passibility".
    Summed up perfectly. Confidence in who you are and not what others preceive is the key. Feeling comfortable and not worrying about be "passable" by someone standards is wonderful. If you are happy when you look at yourself, wonderful. And if you aren't and want to make any adjustment, do it. But do if for yourself, not your BF, GF, or the public.

Junior Poster

People should just stop stressing over wheather they are clockable or gay. People should just live their lives as best they can, and try to use the limited time that we have on this planet as best they can. Be safe, and be wise, but relax and enjoy the life that God has given you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    I will say this though... even if the guy has a transsexual fetish, he would never out himself in front of his straight male and female friends for that fetish by hitting on a "clockable" TS publicly... .
    Most guys think TS's are like Mopeds:

They're fun to ride, but you don't want to let your friends see you doing it.