Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    No, but I do support lighting a cross on your front lawn.
    Why am I not surprized?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

That pastor has one crazy 'stache.

5 Star Poster

I wonder how long some of you would survive in a islamic society? With your very liberal veiws you still back these people so not long. VERY STRANGE...

live with honour

Junior Poster

Burn a cross, burn a flag, burn a "sacred" book. They're all valid forms of protest. There are no sacred cows, nothing is above criticism or condemnation

I love America, and the foundation it rests on. That, specifically, is why I support those forms of expression.

And fwiw, I can think of no logical reason for myself to ever burn an American flag. However, if the act is made illegal, you can be sure I will be the first one out there in protest, flag and lighter in hand.

Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.

Any of you people defending the koran actually read it? All it's good for is warming your hands. Or wiping your arse.

Silver Poster

Isn´t Terry Jones just the Christian version of a taliban? As an atheist I´m seeking civilized ways to criticize religion and oppose its sick ideas. Burning books is an act of primitivism. Religious fanatics are retards, wherever they live and whatever sort of myth they practice. Somehow there´s truth in words of the old anarchist Buenaventura Durruti: "The only church that illuminates is a burning church."

The pictures from Abu Ghraib were cited as a recruitment tool for Al Qaeda. General Patreaus has stated that burning these Qur'ans will make EVERY American a target of extremists' wrath. I don't give a fart's width about ANY religion but there is NO GOOD reason for this to happen.

"Strangers In The Night, Exchanging Clothing, Strangers In My Pants..."

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    No, but I do support lighting a cross on your front lawn.
    So now we know who you are.

The problem with bigotry, intellectually, is that it's arbitrary and based on lies. So in order to be a bigot, one must also be a hypocrite and a liar. It's interesting that elsewhere, you bemoan the declining morality in our society. The Catholics consider hypocrisy to be among the gravest of sins.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    So now we know who you are.

The problem with bigotry, intellectually, is that it's arbitrary and based on lies. So in order to be a bigot, one must also be a hypocrite and a liar. It's interesting that elsewhere, you bemoan the declining morality in our society. The Catholics consider hypocrisy to be among the gravest of sins.

You needed to know who I was? I didn't know I had that much of your attention. What a shallow life you must lead.

"Unless there has been an advancement in technology, sucking a strap-on just isn't the same" -Phobun
    I shit you not! http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=909175&highlight=advancement#post 909175

"I'm from the streets" -hippifried

LOL

You're a faggot! Thanks in advance!- PomonaCA

The Catholics consider hypocrisy to be among the gravest of sins

Yeah, well since the Catholics are on the Klan hitlist, right behind negros & Jews, That argument probably won't have much affect on Pomona. The klan/nazis are terrorists, with exactly the same mentality as alQaeda. Although I truly doubt that any of those loudmouths have the stones to actually strap one on. They're perfectly willing to totally pervert the faith they claim to believe in to make up for the fact that their delusions of adequacy are constantly dashed, even in their own minds. They're just punks.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~