Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Default Qu'ran Burning on September 11, 2010

Has anyone heard about this yet? A Christian church in Gainesville, FL plan to burn copies of the Qu'ran on Sept. 11.

Here's the article courtesy of FoxNews:

The head of a controversial church that plans to burn Korans to mark nine years since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks says he is not deterred by protests, death threats or warnings by the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, MyFoxOrlando.com reported Tuesday.

Gen. David Petraeus, head of Multinational Forces in Afghanistan, on Tuesday repeated his warning that any plans to burn the Muslim holy book -- considered a major offense in the Islamic community -- would jeopardize U.S. military efforts.

But Terry Jones, pastor of the 50-member Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., told MyFoxOrlando.com that he and the church's members feel strongly about their decision to hold the book burning despite being denied a permit from the fire department.

"We understand the general's concerns, we are taking those into consideration," Jones was quoted saying. "We feel it's maybe the right time for America to stand up. How long are we going to bow down? How long are we going to be controlled by the terrorists, by radical Islam?"

On Tuesday, Petraeus said that even rumors of the possibility the church would hold a Koran-burning touched off protests in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Indonesia.

"Images of the burning of a Koran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan -- and around the world -- to inflame public opinion and incite violence," Petraeus said. "Were the actual burning to take place, the safety of our soldiers and civilians would be put in jeopardy and accomplishment of the mission would be made more difficult."

Though the National Association of Evangelicals and the National Council of Churches have denounced the plan to burn the Koran, Jones indicated he had support from other churches around the country. He did not name any, however.

Jones said he and members of his church are taking seriously several death threats directed at them, but if something happened, it would not be their fault.

"We will not be responsible," Jones said. "We are only reacting to the violence that is already there in that religion."

------------------

What do you guys think about it?

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Junior Poster

People are free to build a mosque people are free to burn the Qu'ran just like people are free to burn the American flag that's America. Plus military efforts are already in jeopardy because it is not a military action but a police role which they are basically playing for in there and we were never wanted there in the first place. Doesn't matter if people burn the Qu'ran or not random crazy Muslims will want to kill Americans no matter what.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Doesn't matter if people burn the Qu'ran or not random crazy Muslims will want to kill Americans no matter what.
    Sure, and random crazy Christians will fuck innocent children up the ass. The problem is that burning the Qu'ran does nothing to help American efforts anywhere in the Middle East. If you want to burn something, just wait one day and burn the confederate flag on September 12th: National Burn the Confederate Flag Day.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Sure, and random crazy Christians will fuck innocent children up the ass. The problem is that burning the Qu'ran does nothing to help American efforts anywhere in the Middle East. If you want to burn something, just wait one day and burn the confederate flag on September 12th: National Burn the Confederate Flag Day.
    Good point, also I didn't know there was a National Burn the Confederate Flag Day. By burning the Qu'ran, the only thing it does is reinforce what Muslim extremists are telling people who are hesistant about joining in the jihad about America.

So wait... It's protected "speech" to burn qu'rans but building Community centers and mosques in the same hemisphere as Ground Zero is completely wrong? If you're trying to prove you're as insensitive to others' ways of life as the people you protest agaainst, I'd said you've done it, "bravo"!

"Strangers In The Night, Exchanging Clothing, Strangers In My Pants..."

I heard on the news that the pastor of the church said that his church is still going ahead with the Qu'ran burning. He also said that scripture reinforces the idea of burning the Qu'ran. I can't remember what Bible verses he said.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I really hope the Church changes their mind and decides not to burn the Qu'ran.

5 Star Poster

burn baby burn

live with honour

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    burn baby burn
    Yeah, I want to see those stars and bars burn too.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I wouldn't want to see either burned.