Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default John Murtha calls for US pullout in Iraq.

Heres the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051118/.../congress_iraq

The last part about the guy who got crippled by friendly fire and then denied a purple heart made me angry

Gold Poster

"I like guys who've never been there that criticize us who've been there," said Murtha, a former Marine. "I like that. I like guys who got five deferments and never been there and send people to war, and then don't like to hear suggestions about what needs to be done."

I agree with him on that and much of what he said,the guy whose two hands were blown off by freindly fire deserves the purple heart or some kind of medal.You have to give it up for him saying he would give that guy one of his medals.Bush should listen to this guy he knows war!

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

How will he pin his purple heart on to his chest without hands?
    I hope they give him enough of a disability pension to be able to get someone to do it for him!
    seanchai

Platinum Poster

Rumor has that while shrubya is at the summit meeting in South Korea, he plans on crossing the border and defecting to North Korea. Keep your fingers crossed.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

I actually met Murtha when I was in 5th grade. I dont remember much about it, but I do know that we were in the Gulf War at the time and I wanna say he was heading over or just got back from visiting over there.

Veteran Poster

Murtha makes two people in the world really happy when he says that. Al Zarqawi, and chefmike. How's your Arabic Mike? They could use another suicide bomber or two.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy
    Murtha makes two people in the world really happy when he says that. Al Zarqawi, and chefmike. How's your Arabic Mike? They could use another suicide bomber or two.
    A CNN USA Today Gallup Poll this week had 60 per cent of people saying it was not worth going to war.

60 per cent of 250 million is a lot more than 2.

FK

Junior Poster

John Mutha is a decorated war hero from Vietnam. His word means more that Mr. Chaney who had several deferments not to serve, our country.
    I am a Gulf Vet, last tour in Afgahn, and they really do not have a true plan in Iraq.
    I am very proud of my 6 1/2 years in. What do we get in return. I'll tell you what, here in NYC they are planning to close the biggest Veterans Hospital in the area that serves the bigest population. For those in NY, it is the one on 23rd and 1st Ave.
    Why you ask? Because it is too expensive, too many people are coming back from the war needing treatment. So we get a thanks for serving but sorry we can't help you. We will have to travel further to get the services we need. In essence they want to discourage us from using the VA.
    So I say they need a better plan and schedule to begin to bring my brother home. I agree we need to be aggrissive to stop terrorist, but that is not what we are doing in Iraq at this time.

Platinum Poster

Well said....we are definitely creating more terrorists in Iraq, though. And CNN had some coverage about our Afghanistan fiasco, terrorist activity on the rise, 70% of the world's heroin comes from there, and we are collaborating with drug lords the same way that the CIA did in Vietnam. We have 17,000 in Afghanistan with 90 soldiers killed so far this year alone.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER
    John Mutha is a decorated war hero from Vietnam. His word means more that Mr. Chaney who had several deferments not to serve, our country.
    I am a Gulf Vet, last tour in Afgahn, and they really do not have a true plan in Iraq.
    I am very proud of my 6 1/2 years in. What do we get in return. I'll tell you what, here in NYC they are planning to close the biggest Veterans Hospital in the area that serves the bigest population. For those in NY, it is the one on 23rd and 1st Ave.
    Why you ask? Because it is too expensive, too many people are coming back from the war needing treatment. So we get a thanks for serving but sorry we can't help you. We will have to travel further to get the services we need. In essence they want to discourage us from using the VA.
    So I say they need a better plan and schedule to begin to bring my brother home. I agree we need to be aggrissive to stop terrorist, but that is not what we are doing in Iraq at this time.
    Is that the big red brick one, Harbor Healthcare Center or something like that? I thought NYU more or less paid all the bills there, can't believe they would close it.