Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy13 View Post
    he blames bush for everything not impressed wont vote for him again. Dont like he is playing class warfare as well.
    Blame game

Blame

"Do you remember V. P. Dick Cheney "
    'YES, I DO. I use to call him 'TAINT'.
    "Taint? Why did you call him that?"
    'Because in every picture he was between Bush and Colin'

Junior Poster

So far absolutely no one has said a specific thing he has done that they liked. His supporters either throw out some ill-conceived red herring about race or say something about McCain or Palin, neither of whom are or ever will be President.

I don't think the American electorate is educated enough to be able to vote.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
    He will never live up to the hype surrounding his election. Not his fault of course. He was left a poisoned chalice by Clinton and Bush.
    We are seeing the beginning of the end of the West's global dominance.
    All the money is moving East.

I think you nailed it.

and for many here:

Small minds talk about people
    Average minds talk about events
    Great minds discuss ideas

IMHO the anger we are seeing in America is as the result of economic factors. People are hurting and the media is reporting this which further stirs the anger.

The theoretical economic concepts that are being put into place are coming up against real world economics.

Before people jump all on this, understand we are just in the first quarter of the game.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

I don't have a problem with him. Of course I didn't ever have the same lame expectations as the lunatic fringe. I include both the left & the right because, from everything I've seen so far, both sides seem to have had the exact same unpromised expectations whether they liked them or not. Both sides of the lunatic fringe seem to be extremely pissed off because he's not a commie. Neither side has a single viable alternative idea to contribute on any issue. It's all very entertaining.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

I think that he came into office facing one the most difficult situations of any president. He at least has addressed healthcare, and is keeping his word on Iraq. And hell yes Bush did leave him with some serious problems, while the erosion of the US manufacturing base has been going on for a while (I say it really started under Reagan).

Also he is face with some of the most negative support. Republicans have shown they dont care about anything but getting back in power. That is the real shame. Fighting against healthcare reform, ignoring the needs to over twenty million people, without coverage. Fighting against financial reform, when the government had to come in with a 700 billion dollar bailout. They say they are for 'responsibility', but dont want to change a financail system that almost led to a world wide collapse. That pure hypocracy. It is now admitted that the anti gay marriage movement was a tool to bring out the Republican base.

I think that Obama is limited in what he can accomplish, by "party of no" which will stop at nothing to get back in power, including being allied with the goals of Al Queda. Claiming to want to "bring back God", but using the tools of Satan, is GOP standard behavior. Promoting anti government sentiment, but only for the purpose getting back in power. They very seldom reduce any government, except to channel money at higher cost to their related friends.

My major disappointment with Obama is that he is still allowing drone attacks in Pakistan. I think they are counter productive.

Lastly the holier than tho Republicans always said, to pray for our leaders. But now that a Democrat is in office the prayers have stopped. The Bible has not changed. But hypocrites only cite the Bible when it justifies their political greed.

Junior Poster

The man is an economic moron---runaway unemploynent ---a crashing economy---those of you who voted for change you got it----how do you like it ?

Quote Originally Posted by THEbottom View Post
    The man is an economic moron---runaway unemploynent ---a crashing economy---those of you who voted for change you got it----how do you like it ?
    So when did the factors which led to runaway unemployment start?

Junior Poster

Default f

Best President of my lifetime and just in time: now the world's a far more dangerous place on all fronts - we need this guy. He's heart, brain and spirit's in the right place - and race is not any issue to me and I believe, for most thinking people.

Senior Member Professional Poster luv4Tgirls's Avatar

I think he is doing a piss poor job, he's health care sucks and nothing is getting done except spending money. Plus I'm sick of hearing he has to be careful what says or does because of he's race, what a crock of bullshit. He used that platform to get into office, don't make it an excuse now.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    I think that he came into office facing one the most difficult situations of any president. He at least has addressed healthcare, and is keeping his word on Iraq. And hell yes Bush did leave him with some serious problems, while the erosion of the US manufacturing base has been going on for a while (I say it really started under Reagan).

Also he is face with some of the most negative support. Republicans have shown they dont care about anything but getting back in power. That is the real shame. Fighting against healthcare reform, ignoring the needs to over twenty million people, without coverage. Fighting against financial reform, when the government had to come in with a 700 billion dollar bailout. They say they are for 'responsibility', but dont want to change a financail system that almost led to a world wide collapse. That pure hypocracy. It is now admitted that the anti gay marriage movement was a tool to bring out the Republican base.

I think that Obama is limited in what he can accomplish, by "party of no" which will stop at nothing to get back in power, including being allied with the goals of Al Queda. Claiming to want to "bring back God", but using the tools of Satan, is GOP standard behavior. Promoting anti government sentiment, but only for the purpose getting back in power. They very seldom reduce any government, except to channel money at higher cost to their related friends.

My major disappointment with Obama is that he is still allowing drone attacks in Pakistan. I think they are counter productive.

Lastly the holier than tho Republicans always said, to pray for our leaders. But now that a Democrat is in office the prayers have stopped. The Bible has not changed. But hypocrites only cite the Bible when it justifies their political greed.

See, this is the kind of response I can't stand. No one with any sense holds up the ultra religious Conservative Republicans as the benchmark by which we should be governed. Saying that Obama is the lesser of two evils doesn't make him a good president, it makes him less bad than the alternative. The health care reform bill is AWFUL and benefits insurance companies more than the citizens. I believe we should have national health care and I also believe that this is about the worst way we could have gone about doing it.