Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC Gym

Default UFC Gym

I just came back from the UFC Gym.
    They gave me a tour and as a gym goes its massive and overs all sorts of things.
    First.
    The girls that work there are smoking hot.
    But I noticed that I was the only black guy there and thats odd considering the size of the place.
    I kinda dont think they can do much for me.
    I asked about the boxing coach and I am going to go back and talk to him and watch a class.

try bjj. where is this gym?

Keep it simple!

Professional Poster

try bbbj, its more fun. lol.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Silver Poster

Man STFU.. You can't even hit a heavy bag.. What were you doing in the Gym licking the urinals clean with your tounge???

UFC gym is an MMA gym, why would you go to a MMA gym to just do boxing???

Go ask your boyfriend James Toney to give you some boxing lessons.

good call dderek123, these boxers whol think they can walk into MMA are fools...

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    UFC gym is an MMA gym, why would you go to a MMA gym to just do boxing???
    Because it was close....but I quit this gym and went back to my boxing gym and I now have a personal trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother View Post
    First.
    The girls that work there are smoking hot.
    But I noticed that I was the only black guy there and thats odd considering the size of the place.
    I kinda dont think they can do much for me.

WTF are you trying to say? The girls are hot but there aren't enough black men there for you and therefore you don't think you're going to get much?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother View Post
    Because it was close....but I quit this gym and went back to my boxing gym and I now have a personal trainer.
    Probably best. Assuming you're young and hoping to eventually compete professionally in boxing. I'm unaware of any successful pro fighters launching their amateur record out of a UFC Gym. But maybe I'm wrong.

If I'm not wrong then it's best to find a serious boxing gym.

On the other hand, if you're just looking to build stellar novice or experienced amateur hands, for self defense, not hoping for a future professional career, then a UFC Gym would strike me as perfectly reasonable.

But you can get very sound, well rounded fight game, from an MMA gym. You'll learn how to strike with more than just your hands, plus you'll learn grappling skills.

But maybe you just want to focus on one area at a time. If so... that's not the worse choice on earth. That's better than not training in anything or trying to learn too much at once. I guess it just depends on the route one wants to take.

Really, for most street confrontations one doesn't need to be an MMA star or Muhammad Ali. Most people that fight on the street have rather inferior fighting skills. So, most well trained amateur fighters with at 2 or so years of training, should usually win against the average street thug.

But that aside, both boxing and MMA have there limitations. In prison or on the streets edged weapons can become a realistic threat. FMA like Escrima can develop some helpful skills against knife attacks or fighting with a knife.

There's not a whole lot to help you if a person is standing at a distance with a gun or rifle.