Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default A look inside Istanbul's transsexual brothels

Ya'll may find this interesting.

A look inside Istanbul's transsexual brothels
    Photos: There is a transsexual prostitute on every floor, to satisfy client requests.

Published: August 29, 2010 11:18 ET in Europe

For prostitutes working in the brothels, the houses provide a level of protection, and a place to reconnect. (Nicholas Dynan/GlobalPost)
    ISTANBUL, Turkey — Near one of the busiest streets in Istanbul, a row of nondescript houses holds a secret unknown to most foreigners here. The houses are the work place of some of Istanbul's transgender and transsexual sex workers.

Many of these prostitutes have been forced into the trade by lack of employment opportunities. In Turkey, transgender and transsexuals are often discriminated against, and for them, stable work is hard to find.

The women who work in this series of brothels are the lucky ones. They stand in sharp contrast to the thousands of transgendered and transsexual sex workers who are forced to walk the streets of Istanbul. Outside brothels, all prostitutes are vulnerable to police harassment, sexually-transmitted infections and violence.

Police cracked down on a transgender and transsexual quarter of the city in the 1990s, though prostitution is technically legal in Turkey. The government has ceased issuing new permits for sex workers and brothels, leaving most of the industry illegal and often dangerous.

For prostitutes working in the brothels, the houses provide not only a level of protection, but also a place to reconnect. While the women compete for clients, they also form bonds among one another.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

I'd be scared as hell to go to a tranny brothel in an Islamic country.

The extremists are merely tolerating the existence of such an establishment, and you know at any time all those women could be recently deceased, including the clients.

Rookie Poster

looks like the worst place on fucking earth, thanks for posting.

Veteran Poster

You islamophobes. Don't you know that Islam is a religion of tolerance and diversity?

All the muslims I knew in HS and college weren't extremists. The term I would use is 'God centered', righteous folks.

However, there are fuccin nutcases in that religion who believe the Koran should be the basis for all laws and social interaction. The moderates are too scared to speak against imams and their silence gives the whackos cover.

If there is a fundamentalist shift in the government of Turkey, ALL those TGs will be executed or jailed.

Almost the same as it would be if a backwater fundamentalist, the-Bible-is-the-literal-word-of-God, Glenn Beck type ever became POTUS and his ilk had the majority in Congress.

In the USA, when crazy Christian Bible thumpers do something murderous in the 'name of God', almost every moderate of every Christian faith will say 'that guy is NOT a Christian. He's psychotic'.

Not so in the Islamic world.

That whole religion needs to go through a reformation, IMO.
    Any faith that espouses political power as a worthy goal and preaches in mosques that their faith should be a global empire, ( convert or DIE) is not fit to exist in the Western world.

But damn, the idea of a tranny brothel, is a mind fuck!!!

You would think that something similar or its equivalent would already be here in the states.

I think I'd have to rent a room!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    I'd be scared as hell to go to a tranny brothel in an Islamic country.

The extremists are merely tolerating the existence of such an establishment, and you know at any time all those women could be recently deceased, including the clients.
    I take it you've never visited Turkey or even left the US for that matter?

No Al Calcio Moderno.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

EVERY Islamist country in the current global environment is at risk of becoming a fundamentalist tyranny.

You don't think the Muslim religious leaders in Turkey are apoplectic about the existence of what is seen as an abomination in the Islamic faith???

Every moderate, secular Arab country, ( Iraq, Iran prior to 1979) is potentially at risk from the ascendence of Islamic fundamentalism.

All it takes is the right amount of social/political/economic upheaval.

I know the moderates in Turkey outnumber the extremists, yet it's the fundamentalists who seem to cower the majority population in the end.

If what you say is true, then can you see that religious intolerence for Muslims in the US, plays into the hands of the extremists? And the opposite would be true, that us showing respect and tolerance, does not give fuel to extremists.

So in other the simple spiritual principle of treating others, the wa you wish to be treated is the best political strategy.

When did I say I was intolerant of Muslims??

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    When did I say I was intolerant of Muslims??

lol
    It's funny how many people add 2+2 and get 22, isn't it? It's like when you criticize some of the awful things that Israel is doing in the Middle East - in some people's eyes that makes you an anti-semitist. You're either with 'em or against 'em...