Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Zoooooom!!!
    Right over the head.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    Xinjiang- Islamic terrorists trying to steal Chinese territory and turn it into an Islamic state.
    You see what being insistently and loudly ignorant gets you? You end up defending the Chinese dictatorship in its suppression of a (secular) native self-determination movement. I guess you could say that the Uighurs want to "steal Chinese land," as long as you ignore the fact that the People's Liberation Army stole it in 1949.

Quote Originally Posted by PomonaCA View Post
    Afghanistan- Taliban setup a peace loving Islamic state (Unless you're counting burka's) which, despite Ronald Reagan's efforts to support the Taliban, is put down by the great warlord, George W Bush.
    Fixed that for you.

The great warlord George W. Bush disagrees with you about the Uighurs, by the way. Of course, I'm totally shocked that you didn't know that.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yosi View Post
    I didn't read the Koran , both of us came to the same conclusion.....

Islam is a bunch of fucked-up nonsense.
    It seems a lot more like your conclusion is that Islam is an existential threat to Western civilization, and that by its very nature it represents a singular threat to human freedom and dignity. That's significantly different from my conclusion.

Maybe if you did some reading and allowed yourself a little education and perspective, you wouldn't come across as such a pollyanna.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    Fixed that for you.

The great warlord George W. Bush disagrees with you about the Uighurs, by the way. Of course, I'm totally shocked that you didn't know that.
    If you are claiming to fix something, you need to make sure that you are right yourself. There is no credible information that Reagan supported the Taliban. Furthermore, and importantly, the Taliban didn't appear on the scene until the early 90s.

Veteran Poster

Yeah, sorry about that. I was having fun with the simpleton.

Though you are correct that the Taliban didn't appear on the scene until 1996, Ronald Reagan did in fact direct the CIA to provide funds, weapons, and logistical support to the Afghan mujahideen in the 1980s, and certainly many of those same fighters and warlords are now with Taliban, i.e. Abdul Ghani Baradar, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, Jalaluddin Haqqani, etc. The Reagan administration's support of the mujahideen has been extensively documented. Ghost Wars by Steve Coll is comprehensive and approachable; also won the Pulitzer.

The worst you can say about Clinton's Afghan policy is that he ignored it, so it's entirely false to say that Bill Clinton "supported" the Taliban. Ronald Reagan, on the other hand, did indeed support the guys who went on to become the Taliban.

5 Star Poster

I think if you check its not unkown for child brides in the middle east .I know all you hippies,liberals and communists to hate the fact lol

live with honour

Well actually, '96 is when they captured Kandahar & started their push for Kabul & other points northeast. They'd been at it since '94. They'd been around as a sect of clerical students & teachers, & sometimes warriors, for at least a century that Europeans can verify.

The reason nobody was worried early on was because they were seen as a liberation movement. They were rescuing rape victims & taking out the worst of the warlords. They cleaned up some trade routes & whatnot. Everybody thought they were the good guys at first. By the time anybody figured out what they were really about, they were well on their way to taking control of the southern 2/3 of Afghanistan. They really went off the deep end.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

In late 1957, Jerry Lee Lewis (22) married his 13 year old 1st cousin once removed. The State of Louisiana shrugged it off because it was not uncommon. Marriage that young & younger wasn't all that uncommon anywhere in the US until after WWII. We've been constantly raising the age of majority since then. Normal age for the onset of menses is 10 to 12. Boys hit puberty at 12 to 14. What constitutes a child?

~ Kinky Friedman ~

5 Star Poster

Thats america where anything goes and England gave him the boot

live with honour

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    I think if you check its not unkown for child brides in the middle east .I know all you hippies,liberals and communists to hate the fact lol
    I think if you check, it's not unknown for Catholic priests to rape children in Australia. I know all you mouthbreathers hate the fact that what you condemn in others also exists in yourself.