Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trans-Promo View Post
    My point exactly - even her tone of voice was not insulting. But I don't think she is racist. We've all heard some racist media rants, and this is clearly nothing to make a big issue over.

She didn't need to apologize but that was a good gesture in her part as she did offend people.

Moving on...
    She is racist.
    Why did she say ...oh so now your gonna N.A.A.C.P me?
    Racist fucking cunt...what if I say "please dont Jew me!"?
    Its racist!
    She is dead wrong.
    Black people using the N word is CRAZY to me..dead wrong and a sign of deep mental illness but white folks ya'll cant fix this...you have done enough already.
    She didnt have to take it there with this young lady she clearly had something on her mind and it was something racist.
    White folks...play your position and we will play ours...we dont go around telling you how to be white..we dont care...so let us do us and you do you.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    She didnt use it to denigrate anyone!! She used it in referance to what they were talking about!!! You people are fucking dumbasses! Get a life!
    This is spot-on.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

This an excerpt of the actual audio from Dr. Laura's show...btw this bitch is trifling.

SCHLESSINGER: All right. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Can't have this argument. You know what? If you're that hypersensitive about color and don't have a sense of humor, don't marry out of your race.
    If you're going to marry out of your race, people are going to say, "OK, what do blacks think? What do whites think? What do Jews think? What do Catholics think?" Of course there isn't a one-think per se. But in general there's "think." ---(WTF is this bitch talking about??lol)

And what I just heard from Jade is a lot of what I hear from black-think -- and it's really distressting [sic] and disturbing. And to put it in its context, she said the N-word, and I said, on HBO, listening to black comics, you hear "nigger, nigger, nigger." I didn't call anybody a nigger. Nice try, Jade. Actually, sucky try.

Need a sense of humor, sense of humor -- and answer the question. When somebody says, "What do blacks think?" say, "This is what I think. This is what I read that if you take a poll the majority of blacks think this." Answer the question and discuss the issue. It's like we can't discuss anything without saying there's -isms?

We have to be able to discuss these things. We're people -- goodness gracious me. Ah -- hypersensitivity, OK, which is being bred by black activists. I really thought that once we had a black president, the attempt to demonize whites hating blacks would stop, but it seems to have grown, and I don't get it. Yes, I do. It's all about power. I do get it. It's all about power and that's sad because what should be in power is not power or righteousness to do good -- that should be the greatest power.

Just a dumb-dumb hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother View Post
    She is racist.
    Why did she say ...oh so now your gonna N.A.A.C.P me?
    Racist fucking cunt...what if I say "please dont Jew me!"?
    Its racist!
    She is dead wrong.
    Black people using the N word is CRAZY to me..dead wrong and a sign of deep mental illness but white folks ya'll cant fix this...you have done enough already.
    She didnt have to take it there with this young lady she clearly had something on her mind and it was something racist.
    White folks...play your position and we will play ours...we dont go around telling you how to be white..we dont care...so let us do us and you do you.

Race is a social construct. You live in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans-Promo View Post
    My point exactly - even her tone of voice was not insulting. But I don't think she is racist. We've all heard some racist media rants, and this is clearly nothing to make a big issue over.

She didn't need to apologize but that was a good gesture in her part as she did offend people.

Moving on...

Finally some sanity around here.

Quote Originally Posted by phobun View Post
    Race is a social construct. You live in the past.
    DOn't get hung up on semantics, pollyanna. You're talking abstracts, but most people down here living in the real world understand what it means to call someone a 'racist' - an individual(s) who believe others to be inferior to them, or deserving derision and ridicule because of their ethic or cultural origin/skin color.

Dr. Laura meets the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    DOn't get hung up on semantics, pollyanna. You're talking abstracts, but most people down here living in the real world understand what it means to call someone a 'racist' - an individual(s) who believe others to be inferior to them, or deserving derision and ridicule because of their ethic or cultural origin/skin color.

Dr. Laura meets the criteria.

"Dr." Laura may be a nasty shrew indeed but you're too thin skinned if you let her antics get you worked up.

I'm not all 'worked up'. I'm simply telling her about herself.

Junior Poster

man, we're turning into a bunch of wussies if Dr. Laura can upset us!

And someone answer my damn thread about "date-check".

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother View Post
    I am not telling you how to be black - I am telling you to cool the fuck off because she didn't mean it, you are reading too much into it.

It's not a matter of being black or not - getting pissed off at something simply to make an issue is HUMAN - has nothing to do with race.

First off I am not white, I am 1/2 white. Secondly, calling a Black person African American is ridiculous. Ya'll have more white blood in you then you do black. And since when were you born in Africa? So I am African American too cause that's basically where we all started?

Don Cheadle is midnight black and he is still some 40% white.

One race - One world

Get over your/our past and move on! If you want change tell your " niggas " to stop using the word or white people will continue to use it in the same context.