Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default Dr Laura's N-word rant

THE BODY 5 Star Poster SunshyneMonroe's Avatar

i cant even type..........

Veteran Poster

Whoa. I don't like hearing the word either. My generation worked hard to make sure racial inequality and racial slurs became a thing of the past with polio and smallpox. Anyone using words like that by the late 70's was immediately under the PC spotlight. Even folks like Richard Pryor quit using the word in his routines. Nobody ever expected the black entertainers and musicians to bring the word back into the public lexicon. Perhaps it's used among and within the black community, but there's no reason it has become a "reclaimed" word among black folks. I don't buy the reclaimation argument that by doing so and now using the word as their own, it's empowering to black people. I never heard of Polish-Americans, Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, or Latin Americans empowering themselves with the demeaning words that reduced them to a sub-human underclass among the majorites. I never cared for Dr.L and her politics. But I have to admit, she called this one right. Why the hypocricy? Why is it ok for an entertainer or hip hop artist to use the word and promote the image of a thug urban criminal as a means of expression as a means of empowerment? Why promote the very sterotypes that were the image that white folks held in contempt and fueled an unreasonable polarization of the races? Why give them a reason to point to that to now say they were right all along? Why when someone points out this hypocricy and double standard that while it's perfectly acceptable for black folks to use the word, but it's blasphemous for a white person to do so, they are branded as racists. Her argument is valid. I hate the thought of defending this bitch. We have a black president that I voted for and admire. Some white racist uses that word to describe him and I'm going balistic. Yet I'm supposed to accept that it's an affectionate reference if a black person says it? Don't think so. As a nation, I hoped by now we'd be past this by now.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

So, what part didn't you like?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    So, what part didn't you like?
    I just dont like her...never did.
    Her son is a racist and she may be too.
    Plus she is a hypocrite...she married a man she was having an affair with.

Junior Poster

Come on now. Who really gives a shit about a Z-list celebrity like her? Any outrage conjured up only helps her.

"If hell freezes over, he'll be skating." - Spaceman Bill Lee on George Steinbrenner.

Gold Poster

lol, kind of reminds me of that teacher from the boondocks in the s-word who used "nigga" to get riley's attention to sitdown and shutup in class.

(reference to riley using the word all the time)Mr Peto: He says it every morning, he calls me ni@@a. he calls the other kids ni@@a. he calls himself ni@@a. all the time ni@@a this, ni@@a that, ni@@a please! bi!ch ni@@a, have you lost your mind? ni@@a check that hoe. ni@@a, you bullshi!!in'. break yo'self ni@@a! he says so much I don't even notice it anymore. last week at lunch, Riley says to a classmate, "can a ni@@a borrow a french fry?". and my first thought wasn't, "oh my god he said the word. the-the n-word!". it was, "now how is a ni@@a gonna borrow a fry? ni@@a is you gonna give it back?" i'm telling my inside voice didn't like that before he got in my class!

Riley and grandad went on larry king "acting" like he was emotional stressed and wanted to sue because his teacher called him a "nigga".

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    lol, kind of reminds me of that teacher from the boondocks in the s-word who used "nigga" to get riley's attention to sitdown and shutup in class.

(reference to riley using the word all the time)Mr Peto: He says it every morning, he calls me ni@@a. he calls the other kids ni@@a. he calls himself ni@@a. all the time ni@@a this, ni@@a that, ni@@a please! bi!ch ni@@a, have you lost your mind? ni@@a check that hoe. ni@@a, you bullshi!!in'. break yo'self ni@@a! he says so much I don't even notice it anymore. last week at lunch, Riley says to a classmate, "can a ni@@a borrow a french fry?". and my first thought wasn't, "oh my god he said the word. the-the n-word!". it was, "now how is a ni@@a gonna borrow a fry? ni@@a is you gonna give it back?" i'm telling my inside voice didn't like that before he got in my class!

Riley and grandad went on larry king "acting" like he was emotional stressed and wanted to sue because his teacher called him a "nigga".
    LOL i love the show is funny i like the one with madea lol

HOLLYWOOD BARBIE 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother View Post
    i use the word all the time so idk what to say

This asshole has proven time and time again what moron she truly is.....par for the course.

"That's what i thought you said."