Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUNGRY!!!

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Had sushi 2 hours ago (believe it or not the owner of the shop is a samurai, the sushi is out of this world for $5)

Chinese food at least once a week from the same place for 7 years now

Steaks from a local meatshop, fuckin huge at least once a week

I stopped eating fast food over a year ago

Pizza: my shop closed the owner's pop died, shame because I used to get 2 slices for $2

Dessert?????????? A Corona Italian Ice, at least once a week

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Platinum Poster

sushi for 5 bucks? you are connected, JWBL...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Sushi is definitely one of my favorite dishes. I used to eat it an average of four or five times a week. Now, I do it in moderation so I don't get sick of it. There's a guy two blocks from here that makes the best sushi in the Riverdale section of NYC. Strangely enough, he also does acupuncture. Go figure.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

A cold collard green sandwich, chased with a tall glass of clabber. Some fried okra on the side. A little Jack Black, then theloooooong hunt for a red-neck Tgurl.

J
    I'm not sure about Lugars being overrated. the shrimp are the size of my hand and they basically invented the concept of creamed spinach.

the giant Grey Goose martinis make me very happy. and don't forget the chocolate mousse cake with lots of shlagg. (German for whipped cream)

for me ill take a cuban steak and spicy corn at cafe havana over on prince street. then all i have to do is pop a bottle of shiraz/cab and im good to go ....

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Junior Poster

Default sushi

Had one of the best sushi nights in recent memory last w/e at The Hump in Santa .ca. Was as good or better than Nobu, Matsuhisu, etc. The uni w/ quale eggs was in-fucking-credible.

Working from home today and thinking about what I'm going to make for lunch. Probably a grilled havarti and bacon sandwich (made w/ obscene amount of butter).

It's almost noon here so I'll have to pop open a Stella Artois to wash it down. I've never been a foo-foo beer guy, but SA rocks. I'm normally a Dos Equis Lager guy.

Does anyone really care about this post? Sorry can't help it - I just love food.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Not to pick but do you mean ikura with quail egg and not uni?
    I love both but never had uni with the egg yolk.
    I ate sushi last night, we have some of the best in the world in Hawaii - had abalone sashimi, was still moving when he cut and served it, and as we ate it.
    Yanagi Sushi on Kapiolani Blvd.
    Also Imanast at University is awesome.
    seanchai

Gold Poster

This says it all for me regarding sushi:

http://www.comics.com/creators/wizar...-20051028.html

I'm all steak and potato.

Gold Poster

Okay, okay, okay, what gives here on the time difference thing ? I posted at 11:52 PST, but it gets listed as 11:38. Why is it always off by so much ?

Is there anyway to adjust this, Moderators ? A couple of minutes is one thing, but man ..?

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein