Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default The Ban Hammer Doesn't Swing Often ... but when it does.

This a polite reminder of the rules. I don't like banning people and prefer to give them either ample warning or enough room to hang themselves first. Some people get 'slapped wrist' bans, some longer.

If you think I (or the other mods) can be pedantic when making the decision, then yes you're right. This forum is free (the advertisers pay the way for you) and represents part of my company. If someone thinks it's cool to blow the horn for piracy and mock those who produce the content, then they're going to get kicked. If someone mis-genders, then they're out. If someone is just an utter tool, it will probably take a bit longer and then they're gone also.

Do I doubt that most of these people come back in under a different moniker? Not a bit, I know whom most of them are but as they've had their name and post count removed, it's up to them to see if they can behave.

This is nothing new, people have been getting banned from this forum long before we owned it - and for a forum to run well, it's got to have a level of respect and rules. If you have an issue with it, there are other forums out there, some of them that maybe we don't own.

In the interest of transparency and to show why some people may be missing.

Rallycola - Had a two week ban for mis-gendering - which was extended to 3 month for PM'ing said girl with taunts and threats.
    Instrumental - lifetime ban for advocating piracy and generally just looking to piss off producers like myself.

A brief word about piracy, or viewing content that you didn't pay for.
    We all have done it in some form or other, from taping records or the radio, to watching something on a tube site or torrenting a movie. We can mitigate it to ourselves however we wish, but the fact is, if you're taking it for free without the consent of the owner, it's theft. There is a lot of talk about how can it be theft if it's in digital form, blah, blah, which is how some prefer to mitigate it to themselves but they're dead wrong.
    So although we know, that we're all doing it to some extent, to argue on this site that you are in the right to legally (or morally) steal from producers (whose revenue it is, supports this site) then you are going to get banned. I'm not interested in a dialogue with you on the rights or wrongs of how you feel. We have a small company, whose staff relies on the salaries we pay, and a lot of TS models who enjoy a share of the budget we spend on content every year - the profit margin on our content is very slim, and gets slimmer when people decide to post it for free. So anyone who has any love of this type of material, needs to be aware of that.

If you're accessing content that was stolen and re-posted from us, and I have absolute proof you are a serial offender, then we're going to look at recovering those costs from you.

7 out of 8 members liked this post.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: The Ban Hammer Doesn't Swing Often ... but when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post

Rallycola - Had a two week ban for mis-gendering - which was extended to 3 month for PM'ing said girl with taunts and threats.
    Rally, really?
    I know he likes the sound of his own voice, but that seems a bit out of character.
    Meh, what do I know!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Rally, really?
    I know he likes the sound of his own voice, but that seems a bit out of character.
    Meh, what do I know!
    Yeah it's unfortunate as he does bring a lot in - and adds a lot - and the throw away mis-gendering would have been a light slap but then PM'ing and saying basically 'he knows he'll get banned but he's going to say it like it is' pretty much speaks for itself.

Senior Member Junior Poster

jamie french seems to get away with a lot of stuff here

12 out of 12 members liked this post.

No doubt Prince and Taylor Swift would love to take your message to their fans with a few changed sentences to make it appropriate for their area of creative endeavors (as long as they gave credit to original authorship)
    The digital world has created digital thieves. I can't think of a single person I know under 30 who has their own Netflix password. For them stealing original content is a world away from putting a bottle of Grey Goose under their jacket and walking out without paying.
    Keep fighting the fight Steven

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    . For them stealing original content is a world away from putting a bottle of Grey Goose under their jacket and walking out without paying.
    And yet, not being that many years past thirty myself, it seems so goddamn obvious that the two are analogous that I can't understand the stupid contortions people engage in to deny it. #yesI'mpanderingbutit'sstilltrue

Senior Member Gold Poster christianxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legault View Post
    she is part of the company that owns and operates this board. everyone should know that by now.

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Last year rallycola claimed he was a college professor, then recently he said he was a doctor...goofy biatch lol

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by legault View Post
    ... and had a number of warnings and bans over the years.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Newish Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    Last year rallycola claimed he was a college professor, then recently he said he was a doctor...goofy biatch lol
    He could possibly be both. I don't know enough about what he said to see if his statements are incongruous. I know you don't like him much... Carry on.

Piracy is a problem- thanks for taking a stand, Steven. Law and technology have yet to catch up, and that's where society at large needs to step in.

Fucking Millenial bullshit. It's time to stop putting up with it.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.