Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bad trailer - don't get fooled by a bad trailer

that wasn't a trailer so much as a taste released for Comicon time. I'm actually looking forward to the movie as it's one more step towards the Avengers movie, all done by Marvel studios. After watching other studios fuck up their property for years, ( The Xmen, Daredevil, Punisher, etc) it's good to see them take control of Stan Lee's visions.

http://www.shemale-411.com

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by shemale-411 View Post
    that wasn't a trailer so much as a taste released for Comicon time. I'm actually looking forward to the movie as it's one more step towards the Avengers movie, all done by Marvel studios. After watching other studios fuck up their property for years, ( The Xmen, Daredevil, Punisher, etc) it's good to see them take control of Stan Lee's visions.

http://www.shemale-411.com

i actually thought the first two Bryan Stinger directed Xmen movies were outstanding and along with Spiderman, clearly help bring Marvel movies
    on the map and ignite the hot -in-demand superhero string of movies.
    the 3rd one ( directed by Brett Raetner) was a huge setback,despite
    the big opening weekeend box office gross. it was on the level of the
    first Hulk movie (directed by Ang Lee) ,..seem more like an angry Shrek movie, and the first half of the movie was so painfully slow.

Although i did enjoy Sam Elliot's General Thunderbolt Ross character in this movie much than i did William Hurt in the 2nd Hulk movie.

Among the disasters has to be included with the awfully dorky Fantastic Four,(directed by Tim Story) which was so corny, i couldn't even come close to taking it serious as a superhero movie. It was cartoonish-corny
    awful.

Add Ghost Rider to that bad mix. !! Another one that was so painfully
    slow and terrible written. i couldn't understand a damn thing Ghost Rider
    was saying and i wasn't intrigued with the villains whatsoever. And no
    impressive bike stunts, car chases ? That was far more a let's watch Nicholas Cage's face than a quality what a huge bummer of a disappointment ! What a total waste of time !

i haven't been as build up to end up being hugely disappointed to see a movie since the unbelievably horrible Speed Racer disaster movie.

i actually liked Daredevil movie ( which is rumored to be re-booted)
    thought the introduction of Elektra ( Jennifer Gardner) and the display
    of Daredevil's radar senses was terrific, as well as the job done by
    Colin Farrell as the psychotic Bullseye.

i thought maybe the red leather outfit of Daredevil didn't appeal to
    the common public, but i really think the real problem people have with
    Daredevil is ...(drum-roll pleeeaze) BEN AFFLICK!
    Maybe it's the string of awfully crappy movies he has been in, but
    the fanfare just doesn't seem to appeal to Afflick.
    And i actually thought he portrayed a blind man fairly well.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    If they keep the story mostly set in Asgard then it could be an epic Lord of the Rings style movie , but bringing the Norse Thunder God into modern times might be silly.
    As with every movie- simply depends on the talents of the director.
    Bringing Thor in Earth's cultural customs and having Thor learned
    of " Midgard" as well as Earth's population adapting to the presence of Thor could set the stage to be intriguing and entertaining if they make it simplem, great interaction, while making it brief.
    Some directors just don't have the knack for making quality superhero movies, some it depends on the project. i thought Bryan Singer was just brilliant in the Xmen movies ( Xmen: United is my 2nd favorite all time superhero film) but yet he totally half-ass in the lone Superman
    movie he directed - that's why they let him go instead of pursuing a
    2nd Superman movie.

i totally agree if Thor is similar to Lords of the Rings in it's format, that
    it can be an epic stamp to other superhero movies could be measured by.

i do not want to see Thor looking more in resemblance to a barbarian movie !

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Singer's Superman film was a blatant rehash of Donner's original film , Brandon Routh made a good Superman but Kevin Spacey was not intimidating at all as Lex Luthor and Parker Posey would have been a much better Lois Lane than Kate Bosworth.

The one point of interest was Lois's son who was revealed to be ... Superman's son , but his abilities were only briefly touched on. The next Superman reboot will hopefully give him a villain to go full on w/ a big epic fight , maybe Darkseid or Bizarro.

Marvels excuse for their bad movies is " they needed the money ".

Ghost Rider should have been a much darker and grim film , a modern day Faust w/ fast bikes.

Daredevil's reboot w/ (maybe) Jason Statham as Daredevil and Katee Sackhoff as Typhoid Mary could be an improvement.

W/ Chris Evans as Captain America they will probably reboot the Fantastic Four films and use a cgi Thing this time please.

Raimi fucked up Venom in Spiderman 3 and now they are rebooting the Spiderman films for 3D.

Topher Grace did a nice job of being a parralel to Tobey's Peter Parker and they did an ok job at introducing the symbiote but blowing up Venom w/ a pumpkin bomb was only done because Raimi admitedly was not a fan of the character , he only liked the original villains he grew up reading.

I'm hoping they spinoff the Blade franchise into a Nightstalkers and Morbius series.
    Rant over.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Topher Grace did a nice job of being a parralel to Tobey's Peter Parker and they did an ok job at introducing the symbiote but blowing up Venom w/ a pumpkin bomb was only done because Raimi admitedly was not a fan of the character , he only liked the original villains he grew up reading.

I'm hoping they spinoff the Blade franchise into a Nightstalkers and Morbius series.
    Rant over.
    i haven't heard much from the Blade talk since the forgettable Blade:Trinity, i'd be surprised if there were any more Blade films much less
    a reboot. i thought Morbius: the Living Vampire would be included
    in one of the Spiderman films, but with the reboot Spiderman
    (which it's going to be really weird without the much better suited Tobey McGuire included) Despite it's huge box office success and overall revenue, with the departure of director Sam Raimi and McGuire, i even
    have my doubts if there will be ever be another Spiderman movie with
    those two involved.

Here's hoping that the next Spiderman movie doesnt end up being like
    Singer's last Superman movie.