Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    I think there is going to be a rematch. Dana was hinting at a rematch, but of course, you gotta look at Vitor Belfort, since he is next in line for a title shot. Dana wants a rematch, Chael wants a rematch, so I guess we have to see how it plays out.
    you said it... Vitor is def in line... if not for that setback a few months back he would be wearing the belt instead of Silva... wish he would never have gone nutts years back...

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I am actually hoping that someone beats Silva, whether its Vitor, Yushin or Chael, just hopes someone beat him soon.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

what a comeback by Silva. Very one sided fight until the end. No rematch. Silva will lose soon if heperforms like he did in this last fight...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Silva lucked out, the guy had him dominated through 4 rounds, unfortunately it's a rough sport and it can be ended in a split second/one mistake is all it takes. His wrestling ability really had Silva in trouble. If he doesn't get a rematch than have Silva fight someone with similar ability.

Default Re: Ufc 117 thoughts ???

Well Sonnen tested positive for elevated testosterone levels. He is going to get fined and suspended. It's too bad though because he had such a great performance against Silva.

It turns out Silva went into the fight with a rib injury. And most people are speculating that it is the only reason the fight played out like it did. I would like to see a rematch when they are both healthy and not failing PED tests.

CSAC challenges Sonnen’s rumored TRT defense

2 hours ago | source: fightersonlymagazine.co.uk | 18843 Views | 47 Comments

table.RatingSite td { width: 110px; }
    Chael Sonnen will not be able to use Testosterone Replacement Therapy as an excuse for failing his UFC 117 drug tests, according to a California State Athletic Commission executive George Dodd.

The CSAC does allows athletes to undergo TRT, but the exception is made with two caveats. First,, the fighter must give adequate prior notification to CSAC. And second, the fighter must not show levels of testosterone outside the norm when he is tested.

“We have to clear it. We need to get necessary documentation from a physician saying why you’re on this medication, ‘these are the treatments that we’ve attempted and it hasn’t worked or it has." Dodd told MMAFA.tv "Then we forward that information to our ring-side physician for review. If our physician agrees with their doctor then as long as they don’t test outside of a particular range they are fine.”

Sonnen’s appeal hearing is set for December 2nd. He will be joined - in theory - by Josh Barnett, who is set to appeal the results of a test which stopped him getting a license to fight at Affliction Trilogy last year, which inadvertently killed the promotion.

It is important to note that Chael has not been found guilty as of yet. As DDerek mentioned, his trial is a week away. I will say this, if Chael is found innocent, then Yushin will not have his title fight. I imagine Chael and Yushin will fight to see who is the no.1 cotender. Then again they might not since they are friends, and Chael probably doesn't want to steal Yushin spot.

The commission halved his suspension and that is the final result. Too bad all of this happened.

There are rumors goin' around that Chael and Wanderlei Silva could be the next TUF coaches. That would be really cool. Except Silva can barely speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    The commission halved his suspension and that is the final result. Too bad all of this happened.

There are rumors goin' around that Chael and Wanderlei Silva could be the next TUF coaches. That would be really cool. Except Silva can barely speak English.
    I heard about that. At one point, there was a rumor that Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar would be coaches, but since they start filming in January and Mir is now fighting Schaub in March, I don't think it will happen.

If I had to pick, I would pick Sonnen and whoever is in top contention for a title shot. If Bisping didn't have a fight already, I would pick Bisping and Sonnen, that would be an epic show right there. Wanderlei is kind of funny, but I can't understand him half the time.