Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    I doubt Silva will fight Jones. If anything if Silva wins this match against Sonnen then he might move up to HW. Dana knows Jones is going to be a superstar, so he wants to slow Jones progression and let everyone know that Jones is the real deal. I have a feeling that his (Jones) next opponent might be Thiago Silva or someone like that. Which I think Thiago Silva vs. Jon Jones would be a good fight.
    thats all UFC has done to Jones... is slow him down... then man is a wrecking machine with only 1 loss (DQ, not dairy queen)... This kid is going to get a HUGE fight, much bigger than T. Silva...

Quote Originally Posted by TSLoverUK999 View Post
    Silva is a jerk ! Up the racist lol
    I don't know if sonnen is a racist but apparently he thinks quite highly of himself and talks a lot of crap. now can he actuallly back it up, i guess we'll find out.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diablito View Post
    thats all UFC has done to Jones... is slow him down... then man is a wrecking machine with only 1 loss (DQ, not dairy queen)... This kid is going to get a HUGE fight, much bigger than T. Silva...
    Dana White has said that Jones next opponent will be against one of the top 8 in the UFC. I doubt it will be Rampage or Machida (considering they have a fight together). It won't be Rashad (since he has a title shot). It won't be Ryan Bader (because he has a fight as well). Thiago Silva is the only one that makes sense, but he is out with a back injury. It could be Rich Franklin that could be his next opponent, if I had to guess.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
    I don't know if sonnen is a racist but apparently he thinks quite highly of himself and talks a lot of crap. now can he actuallly back it up, i guess we'll find out.
    If it was a verbal war, then Sonnen wins hands down. Its interesting to see if Sonnen can back up his words and be the first person in the UFC to actually beat Silva. Logic would say no, although Sonnen has great takedown ability and he comes at you relentlessly like a Night of the Living Dead zombie, I don't think it will be enough to beat him. If he were to drag the fight on for 5 rounds and not get caught. Then he would win by decision, because of the takedowns. Although most of Sonnen losts have been by submission, so that tells me that he has to look out for Silva submissions, considering Silva is no rookie on the ground.

Silva BY Triangle!!! Suck it!

Keep it simple!

Silva capitalized on Sonnen inability to handle submissions. The entire fight belonged to Sonnen till the 5th round. There should be a rematch, hopefully there will be. If Penn can get a rematch with Edgar then Sonnen should get one too.

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    Silva capitalized on Sonnen inability to handle submissions. The entire fight belonged to Sonnen till the 5th round. There should be a rematch, hopefully there will be. If Penn can get a rematch with Edgar then Sonnen should get one too.

Penn got a rematch b/c it was in his contract... (and b/c that decision went to the wrong fighter)... Sonnen WAS the challenger, therefore there will be no rematch...9 out 10 bouts this fights goes toward Silva... Sonnen was impressive, but couldnt finish a 25min fight... how about MAT... wow... still hold him as my fav!!! did I say this would happen? cant remember

I think there is going to be a rematch. Dana was hinting at a rematch, but of course, you gotta look at Vitor Belfort, since he is next in line for a title shot. Dana wants a rematch, Chael wants a rematch, so I guess we have to see how it plays out.

guess that mcdonald's blackbelt from the nogueira brothers came in handy after all.

they'll probably try to squeeze out another season of tuf to set up the rematch.