Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Come check me out on my free social network at www.tglovers.com

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

What does this transwoman look like? Act like? Sound like? There's no photo. If she's early in transition (and it sounds like she is) or sends masculine verbal and/or body language cues (and it sounds like she does), it could have started out as an honest misunderstanding that was escalated by a spooked transwoman into something that it wasn't. I've seen plenty of times where an opportunity to educate was turned into a gotcha-moment by a TS with a bruised ego.

And of course, we're talking about Indiana here. This is bad, but hardly outrageous.

~BB~

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    What does this transwoman look like? Act like? Sound like? There's no photo. If she's early in transition (and it sounds like she is) or sends masculine verbal and/or body language cues (and it sounds like she does), it could have started out as an honest misunderstanding that was escalated by a spooked transwoman into something that it wasn't. I've seen plenty of times where an opportunity to educate was turned into a gotcha-moment by a TS with a bruised ego.

And of course, we're talking about Indiana here. This is bad, but hardly outrageous.

~BB~
    Of course the medical computer will list him as a male, a whole number of indicators depends on the biological sex...

Quote Originally Posted by reg View Post
    Of course the medical computer will list him as a male, a whole number of indicators depends on the biological sex...
    Well, no, that's not true either. She should have been checked in under the gender on her license, provided by state law. Her chart, being much more discreet, would have told the doctor about her TG status.

I for one know that if this happened to me (and honestly, it hasn't) I would leave. Not because I was spooked, but because people who disrespect you so blatantly probably don't have the best intentions in regards to your health.

~BB~

How convenient that this incident could be used for a plug of the op's websites ...

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Well, no, that's not true either. She should have been checked in under the gender on her license, provided by state law. Her chart, being much more discreet, would have told the doctor about her TG status.

I for one know that if this happened to me (and honestly, it hasn't) I would leave. Not because I was spooked, but because people who disrespect you so blatantly probably don't have the best intentions in regards to your health.

~BB~

It is true, because for a number of things, women have different results than males... and with no amout of hormones can you change that...

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Being called a 'he-she' is better than just a 'he' IMHO; at least on a crude level there's recognition that this person is not a CD.

It is true, because for a number of things, women have different results than males... and with no amout of hormones can you change that...
    That's true, but...

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci
    Her chart, being much more discreet, would have told the doctor about her TG status.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Being called a 'he-she' is better than just a 'he' IMHO; at least on a crude level there's recognition that this person is not a CD.
    Totally. It also indicates that there was genuine confusion at the beginning of this incident.

~BB~

Last edited by BellaBellucci; 07-30-2010 at 11:21 PM.

That's true, but...

Totally. It also indicates that there was genuine confusion at the beginning of this incident.

~BB~
    especially because "he/she" has a wife and a kid...

especially because "he/she" has a wife and a kid...
    I'd say it was probably a contributing factor, but it wasn't 'especially because...' You must have been hanging out with Nicole lately.

~BB~