Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Still alive, seen now & then on the shows

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna
    What ever happened to that guy, Rowdy Roddy Piper? He was actually kinda cute I thought.
    I can't believe you brought him up. He is my favorite wrestler of all time. Does anyone remember Piper's Pit? I was like 11 or something when he did the coconut thing to Super Fly. I never laughed so hard in all my life. Piper was the fucking king.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Eddie was great.... Steroids and HGH are baaaad

5 Star Poster

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

WWE and fans mourn wrestler Eddie Guerrero

Last update: November 14, 2005 at 11:29 PM

World Wrestling Entertainment paid tribute Monday night to wrestler Eddie Guerrero, who was found dead in his Minneapolis hotel room over the weekend.

The broadcast of "Monday Night RAW" began with an emotional, nearly 10-minute tribute to Guerrero led by WWE chairman Vince McMahon.

WWE wrestlers stood with tears in their eyes as McMahon extolled Guerrero's talent. "Eddie Guerrero loved this business. He loved it."

WWE aired a video montage of his life and career as fans stood crying.

The WWE received nearly 50,000 e-mails as of Monday from fans across the world, said Kate Cox, senior manager for WWE communications.

Also Monday, the Hennepin County medical examiner conducted an autopsy but said the cause of death may not be known for weeks. Police have said there were no signs of foul play or indications that his death was a suicide.

Hotel security and Guerrero's nephew, fellow WWE wrestler Chavo Guerrero, found him on the floor of his Marriott Hotel room in downtown Minneapolis about 7:30 a.m. Sunday.

Guerrero, 38, was in town with about 60 to 80 other wrestlers to tape two shows at Target Center: "Friday Night Smackdown" for the UPN Network and "RAW" for the USA channel.

Guerrero's wife, Vickie, issued a statement Monday thanking fans for their support and asking for privacy. The funeral will be closed to the public.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna
    What ever happened to that guy, Rowdy Roddy Piper? He was actually kinda cute I thought.
    He still wrestles, he was on last week I think.

Though he needs to hit the gym a little bit, for he should not take his shirt off in the ring right now :P

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Junior Poster

Damn I'm completely shocked ; I love smackdown Eddie and Batista are my favorites I love when they both used to team up; R.I.P EDDIE

Regarding the whole cause of death thing, am I the only one who thinks it's odd that it may take them "a couple of weeks" to establish the cause of death? My medical knowledge is limited at best, but doesn't that seem a little long for an autopsy?

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Junior Poster

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
    Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is steel reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now

Veteran Poster

and the lesson is....Don't abuse drugs and alcohol and then pump and work out like mad for 20 years straight.

Geez, don't these guys get regularly physicals or something??

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

*Out of respect for the women here I've officially retired the 2nd half of my signature*

Veteran Poster

I was shocked when I heard the news. RIP.